Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow publishing meeting URL in Microsoft Teams after the unscheduled meeting has started

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    予約せず会議を開始した際にも、会議のURLを発行できる機能の拡充を希望します。

Allow publishing meeting URL in Microsoft Teams after the unscheduled meeting has started
    ■Description(内容):
    Exchangeの利用ができない場合、会議の予約を行うことができないため、会議を開始することしかできません。しかし、会議を開始した後では、会議のURLを発行できない為、匿名ユーザーがその会議に参加することが出来ません。
    開始後の会議でもURLを発行でき、匿名ユーザーを招待することが出来るよう機能の拡充を希望します。

Users who don’t use Exchange service cannot schedule a meeting in Microsoft Teams, they can only start a meeting instead. However, once the meeting has been started, the meeting’s URL cannot be published, which means guest users won’t be able to join the meeting later.
    For improvement of usability, it will be great if we could publish meeting URL even after the meeting has started.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. My customers use Skype. How do I keep Skype for Business so I can continue to meet with my customers on their Skype system?

Keep Skype for business functionality for meeting conducted outside of my company

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Restriction for lobby settings

Implement a feature that could restrict users for lobby settings in the tenant level for Teams Meeting.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Automatically enter attendees into a conference call in Teams (rather than having to accept them from the lobby)

Currently, you have to enter each individual in the "lobby" of a Teams meeting. Is there a way that they could just "join" as it was using Skype? It would make things much more efficient.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. unconditionally add a Skype meeting or Teams meeting

I want to unconditionally add a Skype meeting or Teams meeting when inviting other members who have set up a new meeting

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Ability to schedule meetings bi-monthly

More customization would be helpful in scheduling meetings. Currently bi-monthly meetings cannot be scheduled.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Call drop option to call back in

When the call drops, have a pop up window with a one-click option to dial back in.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. About "Blur my background"

I want to add the ability to force the user to "Blur my background" feature.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Enable the recording data of meetings to be downloaded directly on Microsoft Teams client

You have to access Stream in order to download the recording data of meetings.
    So, it would be great if we could download the data on Microsoft Teams directly.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Increase the Number of Allowed Participants in a Meeting.

For a large company, I do not feel that capping meeting participants at 250 makes sense. I believe that this limit should be increased to allow large meetings with 500+ employees if necessary instead of a company having to buy an additional license to use Cisco WebEx Meetings.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Automatically Log Attendance During Teams Meetings

I host a lot of webinar trainings for associates and track attendance. Currently I have to ask participants to put their first and last name in the chat box to log attendance. It would be nice if teams could automatically track that and even give us the option to export to excel.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. For all types of meeting scusotmer don't want the camera to be auto on and don't want the extra step of turning it off Please add to the fea

For all types of meeting scusotmer don't want the camera to be auto on and don't want the extra step of turning it off
    Please add to the feature request or fixes.

customers mere weren't happen when they see this document

https://support.office.com/en-ie/article/Turn-off-automatic-video-in-a-call-in-Teams-a32bd419-00a4-4da6-898c-242b745a21c7

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Minimize users who are audio only during video call

During a video call, if a user is on audio-only, they should not take up 1/4 to 1/2 of the screen, their icon should only display in the bar at the bottom.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Screen Sharing Markup/Annotation

Please add the ability to do live drawing, highlighting and markup on a shared screen during meetings.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. footer

Please make footer as expandable so that we can insert different office addresses and it appears as a separate paragraphs.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Invite a Office 365 group or a Team to a Teams Meeting from Teams directly

Currently, this is possible on outlook - why can't we do this in Teams? It gets difficult to add each invitee one by one, especially for large meetings.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Need an option to make a chat not be part of a meeting. If I am in a Teams meeting and someone is chatting take it outside of the meeting.

If in a meeting a chat from someone in the meeting or not in the meeting, provide a means of taking the chat outside of the meeting.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. See Participants and Conversation in same pane during meeting

Allow ability to see the participants AND conversation in the same side pane of a meeting. I know there are bubbles with participant initials but when I'm on a call with the client I need to see the participants pane to see ALL participants and who's speaking. Also, need to see conversation as we share many links during a call. Would be helpful to have both in the same pane. Thanks!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Create an option to convert a meeting (private or group) to a chat.

Currently, Meetings are similar to chats, but the parity between the two needs to be enhanced in order to reduce confusion and improve the user experience. This could be accomplished by either:

1. Creating a mechanism for converting a group or private meeting into a group chat.

2. Changing the system so that when a meeting is created via 'Schedule a meeting' button or the Teams Outlook Add-in, a group chat is created versus the 'psudeo' group chat that is currently created.

For example, currently meetings scheduled using either the 'Schedule a meeting' button in Teams or via the Teams…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. On the side bar of the calls I would like one screen only to see the CHAT + ATTENDANCE. Clicking to check who is there and then back to chat

On the side bar of the calls I would like one screen only to see the CHAT + ATTENDANCE. Clicking to check who is there and then back to chat, is not that Kosher.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base