Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Meeting lobby where everyone should wait until let in by the organizer. Use case exists in Skype but missing in current Teams

I miss a meeting lobby feature where everyone must wait in the lobby until each is actively let in by the meeting organizer. This use case exists in Skype but missing in current Teams meeting lobby.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. hope if you you can make kicking members from a meeting only for orgnaizer of the meeting

These days students & teachers keep facing problems of being kicked out of the meeting . So I recommend adding an option that shows the person who kickes out members . Or make kicking members out option only for the meeting orgenizer .

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow Meeting Leader to keep participant mics muted (i.e., keep participants from un-muting mics)

Would like for the leader of a Teams Meeting to have the option to keep attendees from un-muting mics when needed. Some meetings are more formal in nature but don't call for using a Live Event.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Allow for a separate, always on top video chat window

It would very useful to have a separate, always on top video window.
    Often times, during meetings, you need to research, web search or type notes in different windows and applications and as a result the Teams app is obscured.

If there was an option, like the Windows calculator app where you could have a separate video window which could be switched to always on top, would be really useful!

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Give the users the ability to move or hide the control bar during meetings

When someone is sharing a presentation, the control bar blocks the bottom of the screen, it hides automatically but as soon as you move the mouse it keeps on the screen. It would be nice if we could give the control of it to the enduser

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Multiple windows to take notes

It would be easier to have multiple windows so that while a phone conference takes place, we can have a seperate window to take notes

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Conference Call or Group Calls should reflect also on the Calls History.

Conference Call or Group Calls should reflect also on the Calls History.
    Under Calls > History it only show one on one calls and misses calls.
    Hoping you can put also Conference calls and Group calls.
    I know i can see it on the chat however i have to scroll and look for it to check the time stamp and time duration.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Watermark content shared in a meeting

Give the ability to watermark content when shared in a meeting. It should include the person's name that is sharing the content.

Zoom currently offers this feature and it has been requested several times in my organization.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/209605273-Adding-a-Watermark

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I want to perform admin activities over teams screen share!!

Feature controlling to create teams in Microsoft Teams
    It would be very convenient if Microsoft Teams can give a feature to perform admin activities over team (installing,opening application with admin privileges likewise)
    I am an Admin i will access users screens (computers) sometimes, at times i may need to install some applications then if that application needs admin access then I cannot neither see nor give my admin credentials, where as this can be done in most of screen sharing applications.

Thanks
    Raghu
    System Administrator

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Provide an audio alert when someone joins or leaves the Teams meeting

When the Teams meeting is in progress, it is difficult to find out when someone joins or leaves the meeting especially for the presenter.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. See Participants and Conversation in same pane during meeting

Allow ability to see the participants AND conversation in the same side pane of a meeting. I know there are bubbles with participant initials but when I'm on a call with the client I need to see the participants pane to see ALL participants and who's speaking. Also, need to see conversation as we share many links during a call. Would be helpful to have both in the same pane. Thanks!

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add whole team via "Invite People" when scheduling a meeting from scheduling assistant

When I schedule a meeting from Teams client, select a channel, and then click "scheduling assistant" I would like to be able to add the whole team to scheduling assistant to pick the best time. currently I have to add each member individually to the scheduling assistant. If under "Invite People" I could select the team that houses the meeting channel, scheduling would be much faster.

Bonus, the second option under "invite people" could be the channel name, and would add only members who follow the channel

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Notify Team members in email when a meeting is scheduled in Teams

When scheduling a meeting using Teams that is associated with a specific channel, Team members do not receive an email invitation to the meeting (non-Team members do receive an invitation in email). The meeting does show up on their Outlook calendar, but the system seems to assume that people will accept the meeting from within Teams. This is an impediment to Teams adoption as we evolve our organization from being totally email centric to use the Teams collaboration space.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. private messages within a public meeting

Ability to select one of the attendees in a public meeting and send them a private message, without switching to chat nav, will be very helpful for speakers to interact with each other (ask questions of a colleague, do a time check, etc.) without sharing text messages with all attendees

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Single user Chat rename function

When you're in an one-to-one conversation, the edit (pencil) button seems not to be available, therefore the chat cannot be renamed. The only workaround, or mechanism to rename it, seems to be adding more than two participants.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Customize meeting window size

When you are in a Teams meeting and you want to chat with someone else who are not in that meeting, the current meeting window size will be minimized and can't adjust the size. Which is not very user friendly, I want to be able to still see the full screen size of the meeting or at least big size of the screen while I can still chat with multiple people at the same time, like Skype for business.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Enable default to join meeting on desktop client

When I click "join meeting" from the Outlook reminder, the teams web client opens with a window asking me if I want to join via the Teams desktop client. I have to select yes or no (nothing defaulted) and then when the desktop client opens have to click Join to get in. This is a ridiculous, cumbersome and user-unfriendly experience.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Show all upcoming meetings for a channel

A tab to show all upcoming meetings for a channel.

We have a very active channel that we will also book meetings in. Many of the meeting messages get lost among the other messages. A calendar tab for the channel would go a huge way to resolving this issue.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Phone Presence in Teams

Please consider a feature within teams that reflects availability or presence based on whether or not a user is active on their phone.

Windows Phone had the ability to correlate whether or not a user was on a call and reflect this in Skype for Business. Bringing this to teams to indicate real time availability would drastically improve the argument for corporate adoption of Teams or SFB.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. add ability to create a meeting without attendees (block time to work)

add ability to create a meeting without attendees (block time to work)
    currently this is not possible as teams blocks creation of new meetings if no attendees are selected. You cannot also invite one self.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base