Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. See Participants and Conversation in same pane during meeting

Allow ability to see the participants AND conversation in the same side pane of a meeting. I know there are bubbles with participant initials but when I'm on a call with the client I need to see the participants pane to see ALL participants and who's speaking. Also, need to see conversation as we share many links during a call. Would be helpful to have both in the same pane. Thanks!

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Join Skype Meetings from Teams

While in Teams Only Mode (already fully migrated to Teams) it would be great to be able to have a lightweight Skype client built into Teams so you dont have to leave the Teams client fully to join a Skype meeting.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Support for extension phone number for call me at

in the "call me at" or call me back field into the information call menu during a meeting it's possible to enter with a extension like +1 418 521 3838#8455 but the system ignore the extension number of the phone of the PBX system.
    Please support the extension phone number for the call me at option to transfer the voice on phone during a meeting and for compagny that have PBX and phone with extension phone number

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Live Events: "give control" without presenter requesting control

It appears to be impossible for the producer to give control over a presentation to a presenter unless the presenter presses the "request control" button. For some presenters this creates a more confusing UX than if the producer could simply give them control.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Export captions recorded in stream, via Teams without meta data - minutes!

Currently when you record a meeting in Teams its stored on Stream. This is brilliant as editing the video allows auto captions. You can even download the captions file as VTT - which you can open in word/notepad etc. But it comes with every line time stamped, some meta tags etc

if it could be exported without this you have just invented self minute taking meetings!

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Meeting Chats

Chat to meeting participants, one, some, or all

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Meeting attendance

It would be nice if the meeting invitation generates a QR Code that participant will scan to validate presence.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. manage Anonymous access per Policy instead of Org level

manage Anonymous access to Meeting at user level instead of Org.

I did notice below issues when someone join as anonymous
    -user activity doesn't track if some admitted Anonymous user
    -compliance center doesn't show what did happen during that meeting ( file share, pp presentation...)
    when presenter kick an attendee, the attendee can join again without going through lobby !!( i think this is a real bug)

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Conference call

Need to have the ability to call into a conference call

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Option to play sound for meeting arrive and exit

I know some have requested in the past for this to go away, so my proposal is to have an option to turn on or off having sounds when meeting attendees arrive and leave a meeting. I and others I work with like the alert when someone has joined or left. I can understand why others would be annoyed by this feature by reading other posts, but we should have it as an option please. Or at least an on-screen notification option too.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Joined People notification in Meeting

I have noticed a bug or incorrect status in a meeting. If I invite 4 people for example, when I start the meeting though it shows the people who joined the meeting in main windows on right side at top it indicates that the person who did not join also in meeting and says like Mr, xxxxx and others joined the meeting. This is misleading

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. attending meeting

We've been using skype for business in our company and we're trying to transition to Teams but we've run into a question when running meetings (with Teams). It seems that our view of who is attending each meeting is often not complete in that it doesn't show all attendees which makes it difficult to run a meeting and engage with everyone.

Am I missing something that Teams offers in this direction or is this apparently not working as designed?

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Paste from Excel in meeting notes

Currently, you cannot paste Excel cells into the Meeting notes. You have to select the text within each cell and copy/past that. However, you can copy/past cells in chat.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. callback

Having a non-data call back option during meetings was a must in Skype and does not appear to be available in teams

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Prevent users from joining a meeting

Add a setting to prevent users who are not a member of the Team/O365 Group from joining the Teams meeting. This setting should exist in the Outlook client as well as the Teams client, web app, and mobile app.

Similarly, prevent people who were not invited directly by the meeting organizer from joining the meeting. (e.g., meeting invite was forwarded or meeting link was copied and sent to user who was not directly invited).

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Video conferecing with multiple people. Video only works for last 4 speakers.

When having conference calls only last 4 speakers can be seen. I would like to be able to see everyone reaction when I talk with them so it would be better to be able to see more then 4.. maybe with different templates .. to see 4 big and others small or everyone with smaller video so that all fit on the screen.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. combine dial in instance with app instance so voice and video are merged

When you connect via the app to a Teams meeting and then dial in from a phone using telephony, you end up with two instances of your participation in the meeting. One identified with your TEAMS account and one identified with your mobile number.

When you speak, your video does not take focus because your telephone instance is not linked to your app/video instance.

In ZOOM.US you can merge these two instances using #id# and combine your instances into one named instance.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Provide 'Meet Now' or 'Share Window' button for one-on-one chats.

During a chat with a single user, there is no 'Meet Now' button or 'Share Window' functionality.

In SfB, I am able to simply share content with another person without needing to create a voice or video call.

In Teams, we cannot do this. My options are to start a video/voice call or to schedule a meeting.

Skype for Business provides a far superior experience, as I can immediately begin sharing with a contact without a voice/video cal. If you expect companies to adopt this as a new platform, you simply cannot make basic functionality more difficult. Furthermore, you allow…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. It would be a nice addition to be able to record meetings and transcribe them.

If the user is in Team Meeting they would be able to record and save the meeting to Teams Document Folder.

User also has the option to convert audio to text file copy that is transcribed.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I would like Teams to call me to join the meeting instead of the user to Join

AWS Chime has a feature, where the participants don't have to remember their meeting time tp join, instead it calls each participant at the scheduled meeting time. Can we have Teams do that? Coming from AWS Chime, we are having a hard time getting ourselves used to Teams!

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base