Public

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. remote control uac

We're using Teams for chat and video meetings, but would like to use the screen sharing and remote control for troubleshooting and suppport requests. However, Windows does not pass UAC prompts through the Teams screen sharing.

1,737 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

379 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add the full screen option during Screen Sharing and Meetings

Why did Teams remove the full screen Option during Screen Sharing and Meetings? This was an option before and now it's been replaced by "Focus" which DOES NOT do the same thing. Now ever time someone share their screen with me, I have to squint at what they're showing. The Focus option does nothing. We used to be able to full screen shared screens and see everything at the proper size. It is unprofessional of Microsoft to keep removing and changing useful features without any notice.

1,709 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

242 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Automatic recording meetings

If you know beforehand that a meeting should be recorded then it would be nice to have an option when scheduling the meeting to start recording automatically. This can help with not forgetting to start recording and save some time and effort not having to remember to do it manually.

1,635 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

205 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Do not invite the whole team to a channel meeting

I saw a "Completed" story for this but that is FALSE. I scheduled a new meeting, picked a channel to mention it in, and invited the select people i wanted in it. It then proceeded to magically without my knowledge invite EVERYONE on our team which is a huge amount of people. We should be able to pick a room for the meeting to take place but not invite the whole team! If i want the whole team there i'll add them as participants!!

1,589 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

194 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Pausing screen sharing in Teams Meeting

Similar to Webex, GoToMeeting, Zoom, and JoinMe...It would be really helpful to be able to pause screensharing vs have to start and stop every time you might need to pause sharing. Hope this capability is coming. Thanks!

1,566 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

256 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Prepare meeting breakout rooms

As a creator of a meeting I want to prepare my breakout rooms before the meeting gets started. So i already assigned people to rooms before the meeting is going to start.

When the meeting is in progress i Only need to open the rooms.

Next to that you want to send documents directly from the main room to the breakout rooms

1,484 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

166 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Virtual background support for Linux

Please add support for using a virtual background on Linux.

Suggested initial level of support:
    * Support using a green/blue screen to determine where to replace the background (i.e., simple overlay).
    * Support using a user provided PNG or JPEG image for the virtual background.

Future level of support:
    * Support blur or replace of the background without needing a green/blue screen (this would understandably require either a GPU for acceleration or a very high performance CPU).
    * Support using a MPEG or OGG video for the virtual background.

Using V4L2 hardware acceleration (when available) would be preferred to doing…

1,423 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

73 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Make it possible for members of a Teams meeting to hide their full names

Make it possible for the host of a Teams meeting to hide names of participants.

When conducting interviews we are having candidates inappropriately contact members of the prospective managerial team. It would be nice to hide everyone's name except the point of contact / meeting host.

1,422 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

201 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. For the meeting invitation generated by Teams Meeting add-in in Outlook, we need to be able to select the invitation language. Outlook is c

For the meeting invitation generated by Teams Meeting add-in in Outlook, we need to be able to select the invitation language. Outlook is configured in one language but it doesn't mean that all my meetings in Teams will be in that language and that others can read my default language. (At least Skype for Business had an option to use Outlook's language or optionally English)

1,249 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

176 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Create permanent video meeting link in Microsoft Teams

I schedule many videoconferences with people outside my organization (some of them repeated) and the way I do it now is to create a Teams meeting link from my Outlook invitation and then send this to the meeting invitees. I would prefer to create a permanent link that I can always give to people, for example, in an email message, without having to generate a new Teams meeting each time in Outlook.

I considered simply reusing the same link from a previous meeting for subsequent meetings, but it seems that each Teams meeting creates its own space in Teams. So,…

1,085 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

142 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Make Video Recordings automatically upload to Stream Again.

Make Video Recordings automatically upload to Stream Again. It was a VERY BAD decision to change this functionality. Our Teachers were all trained on making video lessons and sharing with Students. Now, they are ready to hang me. CHANGE THIS BACK BEFORE I AM ERASED, ALONG WITH TEAMS!

1,008 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

94 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. View more participants in Linux

View more pariticipants in Linux
    Only four atm

991 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

51 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Non-team member and guest ability to use chat in a channel meeting

When hosting a meeting in a Teams Channel, non-team members from within my organization and external guests from outside the organization can't view or type in the meeting chat. It's fantastic that we can host meetings in our Teams Channels so that the chat remains for us to reference later in the Channel. It would be even better, if all individuals (team members, in organization non-team members, and external guests) invited to the Channel Meeting could participate in the Meeting Chat.

964 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Delete Meeting Conversations in Chat

Hi,

I don't want to keep meeting conversation times and history in chats tab. Please create Delete option. This shouldn't be saved at all. It is pretty silly to have a hide button instead of a Delete but you have delete button to delete the text in the conversation? I can also see security issues with this.

Please add Delete soon in chat for meeting conversation. Otherwise, advise on how to get rid of these saved meeting conversations. The hide option is not helpful.

Thanks

958 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

97 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Speech to text meeting notes

Using the technology of speech to text, have meetings record meeting notes in a text format based on what was spoken about in the meeting.

950 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

112 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Prevent users from joining meeting after it has ended

After a meeting has ended, we'd like the ability for hosts to "delete" or "lock" their meetings so participants cannot join the meeting again once it has ended.

934 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

104 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add Chroma Key green screen feature to Microsoft Teams meetings/recordings, similar to blur feature

Would like to add Chroma Key green screen effect for Microsoft Teams Meet Now meetings and recordings, envision working similar to new Blur feature, want to key out green screen background and replace with an image and/or Microsoft Stream / YouTube video -tg

930 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

162 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add a feature to attach documents to meeting invitations....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't belive this is something not featured by Teams yet..!!

876 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

231 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Animation or video backgrounds for background effects

Allow for looped video or animated gifs as background effects. Think this could be a great addition to the existing still image background effects feature.

850 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

94 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Teams meeting lobby - allow "selected people" to bypass lobby

With the new "Only me" option for bypassing the lobby, this puts huge onus on organisers who might not normally expect to attend a meeting but where the meeting has a requirement to hold particpants int eh lobby.

For example ...

Person A sets up a MS Teams meeting that we will use to teach a random group of students about a topic. Person A sets the lobby to "only me" and invites person B as a "presenter". They also invite 100 random students.

On the delivery day Person A arrives and admits person B from the lobby shortly before…

847 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

112 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base