Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Join Meeting Button

When I schedule a meeting as a Skype Meeting it adds a "Join Meeting" button to the Outlook reminder that pops up. That button does not exist when I schedule a Teams Meeting. It should.

Without that button I have to double click to go into the calendar item, locate the hyperlink to "Join Teams Meeting", click that, which opens my web browser, and then the web browser tries to launch the Teams app, but first asks me for confirmation, which requires another click. You've added several layers of unnecessary clicks which impede my ability to join a meeting.

Just…

1,275 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

82 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Clicking on the join button in an Outlook reminder takes you to the browser to launch Teams today. The work to bypass the browser and directly launch Teams is being worked on. We’ll update when we have more details.

2. Do not invite the whole team to a channel meeting

I saw a "Completed" story for this but that is FALSE. I scheduled a new meeting, picked a channel to mention it in, and invited the select people i wanted in it. It then proceeded to magically without my knowledge invite EVERYONE on our team which is a huge amount of people. We should be able to pick a room for the meeting to take place but not invite the whole team! If i want the whole team there i'll add them as participants!!

1,240 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

155 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ability to see the participant list while sharing my screen during a Team meeting.

I often run meetings and need to share my screen. I need to be able to see the participant list while sharing my screen, which is currently not an option.

1,218 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

161 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Pop Out/Dedicated conference & meeting window for Teams Meeting

If would be good to have a pop out dedicated window during conference call, meetings and screen sharing session like Skype for business.
    Currently it is very inconvenient to continue work on TEAMS without getting calls window minimized.

1,279 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

137 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Meeting Call Me Back Number

After entering a meeting, if you would like Teams to call you back you need to enter a phone number in the Call Me Back box. (See attached file.) It would be great if this box would remember the last number called and there was a user setting to save a default number. This would save you from having to enter in the number every single time.

1,023 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

170 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are happy to inform you that you are able to join meetings by choosing “Call me” from the join dropdown on iOS & Android. To use this feature, you need to provide a phone number where you can receive a phone call. If the call is accepted, your meeting audio will switch to the cellular connection. Your personal and work phone numbers, if added to your account, will be available for selection automatically.

The team is working to release this feature for Desktop. I don’t have dates to share at this time, but will keep you posted.

Thanks!

6. Screen Sharing Markup/Annotation

Please add the ability to do live drawing, highlighting and markup on a shared screen during meetings.

1,007 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

134 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Make it possible for members of a Teams meeting to hide their full names

Make it possible for the host of a Teams meeting to hide names of participants.

When conducting interviews we are having candidates inappropriately contact members of the prospective managerial team. It would be nice to hide everyone's name except the point of contact / meeting host.

995 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

145 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. For the meeting invitation generated by Teams Meeting add-in in Outlook, we need to be able to select the invitation language. Outlook is c

For the meeting invitation generated by Teams Meeting add-in in Outlook, we need to be able to select the invitation language. Outlook is configured in one language but it doesn't mean that all my meetings in Teams will be in that language and that others can read my default language. (At least Skype for Business had an option to use Outlook's language or optionally English)

970 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

125 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Move or turn-off selfview in a Teams Meetings

The self view is always static in the bottom right-hand corner of a Teams meeting. This is often distracting and can also get in the way of the screenshare.

-Add option to toggle off/on self-view
    -Add option to move self-view to other locations on the screen

954 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

133 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Automatic recording meetings

If you know beforehand that a meeting should be recorded then it would be nice to have an option when scheduling the meeting to start recording automatically. This can help with not forgetting to start recording and save some time and effort not having to remember to do it manually.

923 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

81 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Pausing screen sharing in Teams Meeting

Similar to Webex, GoToMeeting, Zoom, and JoinMe...It would be really helpful to be able to pause screensharing vs have to start and stop every time you might need to pause sharing. Hope this capability is coming. Thanks!

854 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

141 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Make Video Recordings automatically upload to Stream Again.

Make Video Recordings automatically upload to Stream Again. It was a VERY BAD decision to change this functionality. Our Teachers were all trained on making video lessons and sharing with Students. Now, they are ready to hang me. CHANGE THIS BACK BEFORE I AM ERASED, ALONG WITH TEAMS!

850 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

85 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Speech to text meeting notes

Using the technology of speech to text, have meetings record meeting notes in a text format based on what was spoken about in the meeting.

825 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

99 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Non-team member and guest ability to use chat in a channel meeting

When hosting a meeting in a Teams Channel, non-team members from within my organization and external guests from outside the organization can't view or type in the meeting chat. It's fantastic that we can host meetings in our Teams Channels so that the chat remains for us to reference later in the Channel. It would be even better, if all individuals (team members, in organization non-team members, and external guests) invited to the Channel Meeting could participate in the Meeting Chat.

813 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Set the meeting organizer in Microsoft Teams

We cannot create meetings by a delegated user when scheduling meetings, because the user who schedules a meeting becomes the organizer and we cannot change it.
    So, it would be nice if we could set the preferred user as the meeting organizer.

800 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

92 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Delete Meeting Conversations in Chat

Hi,

I don't want to keep meeting conversation times and history in chats tab. Please create Delete option. This shouldn't be saved at all. It is pretty silly to have a hide button instead of a Delete but you have delete button to delete the text in the conversation? I can also see security issues with this.

Please add Delete soon in chat for meeting conversation. Otherwise, advise on how to get rid of these saved meeting conversations. The hide option is not helpful.

Thanks

784 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

80 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Why did Teams remove the full screen option during Screen Sharing and Meetings?!?

Why did Teams remove the full screen Option during Screen Sharing and Meetings? This was an option before and now it's been replaced by "Focus" which DOES NOT do the same thing. Now ever time someone share their screen with me, I have to squint at what they're showing. The Focus option does nothing. We used to be able to full screen shared screens and see everything at the proper size. It is unprofessional of Microsoft to keep removing and changing useful features without any notice.

776 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

128 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Use multiple monitors in team calls, split content (monitor A) and webcam (monitor B)

I have a meeting room with two monitors. I would like to be able to use both monitors in a call. For example when we are called by the product owner, I would like to split the video:
    1. On monitor A: The powerpoint presentation
    2. On monitor B: The presenters webcam

Now this is not possible. Only one monitor can be used. The presentation will be in full screen. The presenter in a small square at the button.

This functionality is present in Skype for business. Why isn't this integrated in MS teams?

723 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

59 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Create permanent video meeting link in Microsoft Teams

I schedule many videoconferences with people outside my organization (some of them repeated) and the way I do it now is to create a Teams meeting link from my Outlook invitation and then send this to the meeting invitees. I would prefer to create a permanent link that I can always give to people, for example, in an email message, without having to generate a new Teams meeting each time in Outlook.

I considered simply reusing the same link from a previous meeting for subsequent meetings, but it seems that each Teams meeting creates its own space in Teams. So,…

701 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

83 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Prevent users from joining meeting after it has ended

After a meeting has ended, we'd like the ability for hosts to "delete" or "lock" their meetings so participants cannot join the meeting again once it has ended.

671 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

70 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base