Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. indicate unmute intent

A user should be able to signal their intent to unmute. If the system sees that no one else is currently unmuted, other than the meeting owner, then they are unmuted, after optionally sending a signal to the meeting organizer. If two people signal at about the same time, the system would grant the unmute to the first person. Once that person goes back on mute, the second person would then be unmuted.

This idea is based on how databases handle write-locks, which is how they prevent two sessions from overwriting each other, which is what we need for meetings.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Having side conversations

Our company hosts a virtual happy hour once every other week. The problem is not everyone is interacting cause there's too many people, and we can only move from one topic at time to avoid overlapping conversations. Most people just listens in while the others talk which is pointless, and they won't see the purpose in joining again next time. It would be nice if there's a feature where we can select the people who we want to have a side conversation with while still in the main chatroom. What I'm imagining - once i click on the "side conversation"…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Contact the chat owner to be a member

Sometimes the chat is disabled and the user will only see a message that says, "Only team members can chat. Ask the team owner to make you a member."
    What if you have no idea who is the 'team owner??' It would be nice to click this button and have the tool automatically contact the team owner.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Choose a caller, participant in a call/video call

Able to choose the speaker on a video call in order for them to be on focus. This will be applicable for large video calls when the grids will can no longer occupy the screen. the speaker can be chosen or there is an option to have an auto pop up (has a larger screen than the rest)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Indicator on Taskbar icon when on call

It's very difficult to know when you're on a call. It's not uncommon to forget to disconnect from a call. If you don't have the microphone icon in the Notification area set to always show, there's no visual cue that indicates if you're still on a call. This could avoid some awkward moments.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Develop a Vote Now feature under "more actions" for use during meetings

During times of remote working for our company, we have situations where we want to engage employees more. We would like to see the ability to ask a question and have real-time voting during a meeting. For example, the meeting organizer could pose a question and ask members to vote. The results would be real-time displayed for all team members.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Provide user feedback when organizer terminates a meeting

When the organizer of a Team meeting closes down the meeting - provide feedback to all e.g. an informative visualisation and a short text such as "Thank you for participating"

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Waiting in Lobby

Hi
    Group A give a presentation, then leave the meeting temporarily, whilst group B have a discussion before being invited back in by GroupB. Sort of like a wait outside whilst we deliberate, then we will call you back in format. Thanks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Pin chat and currently in meeting to side bar

Have ability to pin the chat and a currently in meeting people to the side when a meeting is open. Currently only able to have either tab open at the time, which means managing multiple views.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I would like to be able to download my meeting notes into a word document

I have taken notes during a meeting, but would like to be able to download these notes as a word document.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Múltiples conversaciones a la vez

Poder tener varias conversaciones a la vez y visionarlas por separado. Diferentes ventanas para cada una. Ya sean de texto como video O voz. Es como asistir a 3 o 4 reuniones a la vez.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. make me bigger during calls

At present when in a call on teams the screen is divided up between the others on the call and my video is a tiny little feed to the side.

I would like to have it so if I have a second screen can put the view of me to a second screen or if I don't can make my video feed have equal size to the others. so in a 1:1 meeting I would take half the screen so would the person im calling in in a 4 way I would be 1 4th of the screen as would…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Estudiantes puede sacar a otros de conferencia

Soy profesora y mis estudiantes pueden sacar a sus compañeros de la conferencia y silenciarme. No hay configuraciones para las conferencias en los equipos de aula específicamente y los estudiantes son difíciles. Podrían hacer algo?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. invite each participant individually

It should be possible to invite each participant individually, so that nobody sees the mail addresses of the other participants. This is necessary for data protection reasons.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add Custom Message when Cancelling Meeting

When cancelling one instance of a recurring meeting, it would be helpful to have the option to add a note about why it's cancelled

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Greater manoeuvrability of the different components during MS Teams meetings

Would be really helpful if in Microsoft Teams meetings it were possible to screen share/present whilst also being able to view the chat pod/participants etc. Perhaps either as a tiled view setting for each of the components or, 'pulling out' the separate components, allowing them sit on top (without obscuring the screen share view). Thanks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. customise how many people I can see in Teams meeting

I would like to be able to customise how many people I can see in a Teams meeting. e.g.focus on 1person only or grid of 4( 2x2)- grid of 6 (3x2) - grid of 9 (3x3) etc... whilst using video

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base