Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow Teams Meeting Host to Toggle Meeting Entry Exit Tones Conference Bridge Settings

As an O365 global admin there is no way to let my Teams users toggle these audio conferencing meeting preferences themselves.

There is only a global setting in the Teams/Skype admin portal that lets me turn on/off these audio conference bridge settings for the entire tenant. My users need to be able to modify these settings like they could in Skype for business.

If I was hosting a large Teams meeting and running a webinar you can see how disruptive entrance and exit tones would be as participants come and go. The problem is that I can't just disable them…

280 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

11 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Convert Private Channel to Public Channel

Its good that Private channels are introduced in MS Teams. Can we have a option to convert a private channel to public channel.

Thanks & Regards,
    Bhanu

175 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Global Setting for Enable "Teams" to Start Minimized

Provide the ability to start the Teams application in the background and minimized on a global scale, not only per each user's setting.

161 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Default tab in Teams

Tabs in teams

When opening a channel in Teams it starts by default with 'Chats' and this can't be changed.
    Please make it possible to choose your default tab
    (I normally use the tab 'Documents' and almost never use 'Chats')

159 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Settings options to hide or show Team in Outlook

Teams are not shown in the Global address list and under groups in Outlook by default. In order to change this, we need to run a PowerShell command. It would be great to have an option in the Teams settings to show or hide the team from Outlook, so the Team Owner can change the settings instead of requiring PowerShell

118 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Provide Option to Set Microsoft Audio Conferencing Personal Identification Number (PIN)

For Microsoft Audio Conferencing users, the Microsoft Teams meeting invitation includes a "Reset PIN" link - https://mysettings.lync.com/pstnconferencing. After logging onto the Office 365 Portal, the user is presented with a "Reset PIN" button that generates a new random Personal Identification Number. Can you please give the user the option to reset his\her PIN to a number of his\her choosing provided it meets the defined length requirement and basic complexity requirements (non-repeating, non-sequential)?

113 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. expand conversations default option

Add USER setting to expand all by default.

There's an existing idea for Collapsing/expanding conversations where it looks like they're working on implementing an Admin setting for collapse/expand, and a collapse/expand all button.

However, many of the comments on that idea are asking for something different:

Give us a USER-configurable option (not just admins) for whether threads are shown expanded or collapsed.

I feel like I spend most of my time catching up in Teams clicking "N replies from ..." or "See more" and would much prefer for everything to be shown by (my user-configured) default.

Even if this option…

111 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. add apps to side bar

be able to add other apps such as One Note to the side bar for easy access

110 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Disable startup option

Like Skype, it would be great if there was a setup option to not start on Windows Startup. Reason being, when on laptop, do not want lots of applications running that I dont need when on battery power. Saves time and frustration to not have these applications autostart. I can start them when I need them but not before.

107 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Conversations

Need the ability to delete a conversation. For hidden conversations, group them at bottom for easy way to un hide if necessary

67 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Provide an option to configure Audio Device

Provide an option to configure Audio Device. (Select the device you want to use for audio calls.)

66 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Ability to choose location for file downloads

Any file is downloaded to the 'Downloads' folder on the computer. It would be great if the user could specify or choose which folder to download the file to.

63 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Can we please have the ability to delete conversations. This does not make sense that you cannot reset or remove a conversation.

Can we please have the ability to delete Microsoft Team conversations. This does not make sense that you cannot reset or remove a conversation.

58 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Change keyboard shortcut

We need functionality to customize keyboard shortcuts to resolve following problem.

Many of keyboard shortcuts are not giving same user experience like other MS apps, and we would like to customize them.

For example, our developer heavily use VSCode, and we are expecting Command + P will open search, and Command + Shift + } will switch to next channel.

57 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Support for 24-hour time (Military time)

My desktop is set to use 24-hour time so I see "16:40" instead of "4:40 PM". Teams should reflect this behavior or at least allow a way to set it as such.

51 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Conversation listing most recent at the top

There should definitely be an option in settings to reverse the date order of the conversations so that the most recent is at the top vs. scrolling down. If we are to use this efficiently, that has to be an option outside of filtering.

51 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. turn off feed

Turn off or hide Activity Feed. Why is this separate from Chat? In other familiar chat applications, the most recent convos sort to the top. In this, the Feed shows a single person’s action and then it’s easy to accidentally message the group when you click on it because you think it will open your private conversation with just them. The Feed screen looks exactly the same as chats.

51 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Notification sounds

The notification sounds MUST be louder! No one can hear that "blooop"

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Auto-start: Provide way for MSI installer to customize default setting

We use the MSI installer to deploy Teams in our organization. We would like all computers to have Teams, but do not want Teams to auto-start by default. We would like a way of installing such that the default setting for "Auto-start application" is turned off.

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. delete conversations after exiting

Conversations should be deleted after exiting the program or the conversation itself.

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 30 31
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base