Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Guest Access

Collaboration is a core element of how we work which requires the creation of extended teams on a project or long term engagement. Whilst the majority of our teams are internal staff, there is still a critical element of any project that requires the inclusion of our clients and/or external vendors. It is imperative that Microsoft Teams allows for the easy (but secure) inclusion of external parties for the length of any project or engagement.

This is why historically products like Groups etc. have not been adopted as widely as we would hope. If the tool only allows for 60-70%…

8,135 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

765 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Warren responded

The #1 requested feature for Microsoft Teams is now here!

We’re starting to roll out the ability to add anyone as a guest in Microsoft Teams. This means that anyone with a business or consumer email account, such as Outlook.com, Gmail.com or others, can participate as a guest in Teams with full access to team chats, meetings and files.

For more info, check out https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Teams-Blog/Collaborate-securely-with-anyone-in-Microsoft-Teams/ba-p/165941

Thank you all for your feedback and support!
    -Warren

2. Account switching not Working Correctly

Using the Guest Access in Teams for Desktop and Android versions. When I'm signed into my primary Office 365 Account, there is an "Accounts" choice available that lists my primary account and another Team that I have access to.

I've attached two screenshots. One is the menu from within Desktops where the Accounts section is available (Primary Account) the second is the menu where the Accounts selection is not available (Guest Account)

When the Guest Access first came out, I could switch back and forth between the two and would see notifications for the other Team when they came up.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

6 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The fix for this is officially completed! Thanks to everyone who sent logs and repro steps. Please note this was a backend fix, so no client update is needed.

If you are still experiencing the issue, please send the following to teamsml@microsoft.com so we can investigate further:
    1) logs.txt from %userprofile\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Teams
    2) msteams diagnostics log xxxx.txt from the downoads folder after typing alt+ctrl+shift+1 from within the app
    3) screenshots before & after switching
    4) any repro steps or details

Thanks everyone – and enjoy!

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.