Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow guest access on Teams for Government

I use MS Teams with a US government entity (NASA). Currently, we are able to add guests to meetings, but we cannot add them as team members so they can see chat, share files, etc. This functionality appears to be available in the public version of Teams, but we don't have it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Provide the choice "Contribute" or "Visitor" when adding Guest users

When adding Guest to a channel, Teams does not offer the possibility to choose if the new guest is a Visitor (with only read only access) or a Contributor (with a contribute access).
    And this is exactly the same even on a private channel, all guests are given "Contribute" access which can be in breach of internal Corporate Policies.
    Ultimately the documents library is on a SharePoint Team site and it has 3 groups: Owners, Contributors and Visitors.
    So why not asking the level of access when adding guest users?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Give to a Guest the possibilty to share files

Dear Alex,
    it is necessary add a possiblity to allow a guest to share a file.

Regards,
    Giuseppe

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Show profile pictures and status messages to external users, guests,...

Our users set profile pictures and status messages.

They don't understand why profile pictures and status messages aren't visible to external users, guests,...

They are used to use consumer apps (Skype, WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger,...) and status messages and profile pictures are always visible to everyone.

It would be helpful for users and admins to have an option to control this behavior on user and tenant side.

If this wouldn't be possible in the future then, at least, inform the user that status messages and profile pictures are only visible inside the organization.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Decline invitations from other teams organizations/external tenants

if the user is added as a guest in another teams organization and even he did not accepted the invitation he still can see the additional account in Teams App from the organization in which he was invited.
    Please fix this, we need to have a option to simply decline the invitation from other teams organizations/external tenants.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow external (guest) to view shifts.

We have external clients who need to be aware of our shifts. Could it be possible to allow a view only of the shifts.
    The view in the mobile app would be best as this looks much cleaner and has less clutter to it.
    Making it sharp and clear for external clients who just want to view.
    Also could you add a guest into a shift as sometimes external workers may be required to fill a shift.
    Thanks

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Have less threads for the same or similar issues and suggestions. It divides the votes and thus the importance of the needed upgrades.

Have less threads for the same or similar issues and suggestions. It divides the votes and thus the importance of the needed upgrades.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I would like to disactivate the list of members so that my students don’t see all the names of the school members

I would like to disactivate the list of members so that my students don’t see all the names of the school members

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. About invitation emails when adding guest users

Currently, if you add a guest user to a team from the Teams client, you will receive a team invitation email, but you will not receive a team invitation email when you add a guest user to the team from the Microsoft Teams admin center. Hmm.
    So, when you add a guest user to your team from the Microsoft Teams admin center, add a feature to send a team invitation email.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Please let users change their name and email

Let users change their name and email it ******** that you don’t have it already it’s a simple thing

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Guest Access without requiring Guest login

I am a solo consultant. I would like to have video meetings with my elderly clients. It needs to be VERY SIMPLE for them. And me.

No guest login process, no new password. No adding them to Azure first.

I just want to send them a link by email, then they can click on it and it opens a browser tab and asks for camera/microphone permission.

Let's allow the admin to control how complex the process is for Guest access. And the default for solos like me should be all Guests get immediate access to Meet Now or Calendar meetings…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Different Colour themes for "member" & "guest" instances

If guests continue to have to context switch between tenancies, any chance the colour theme could change as they switch, so its more obvious to users when they are inside or outside their own company's instance of teams. So its immediately clear when they are in guest mode that chats they have in that space will be discoverable by the external company so they should not have internal discussions on an external tennancy

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Check internal users who were invited as a guest from external tenant

I would like you to allow admins to check who were invited in the external tenant as a guest.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Modify guest account name

After changing the guest account name, it cannot be modified. I want you to be able to fix it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Please make it possible to chat with guests in an regular 1on1 chat without having to add them to a team.

Please make it possible to chat with guests in an regular 1on1 chat without having to add them to a team. The workarounds like creating internal emails for guests or setting up a calendar meeting every time come with additional problems.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. one teams account for all my teams and gest-teams

We need one main-account for all our Teams (in my main-account generated and Teams i am invited in.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. suer name change

We need to me able to change Usernames so that we can identify our team members

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Multiple Team Profiles: Allow teams to notify the user in the banner when you have missed a call or a message from a chat.

Multiple Team Profiles: Allow teams to notify the user in the banner when you have missed a call or a message from a chat.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. since I work in construction, I have to deal with many other organizations. Here it is hard to get all the companies on one team. Many alrea

since I work in construction, I have to deal with many other organizations. Here it is hard to get all the companies on one team. Many already have Office 365. Thus, we have, for example. 10 different organizations working on one channel. Now one company has 5 other construction sites, 5 other builders use the teams. Now this company has to change teams with every message. This is very complicated. Is there nothing better?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. endre navn på gjester

Ønsker å kunne endre navn på gjester, etter at de er lagt til i teamet.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base