Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. allow Direct Team To Team Intergration

Currently, When you access a Guest Team you need to switch to the Guest user. I would like to See the External Team in my Teams App. this will allow better notifications as well as better integration

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Resolve Guests, Contacts and Mail Users conflicts

Currently if you want a contact (to add to Distribution Lists) a mail user (to allow the external user to have an alias in this tenant) and a guest (to allow SP/Teams access from their external account, you have to create these in the right order, i.e. contact then guest then mail user.

Whilst I understand the complexity at the back end, we really should remove this conflicting between guests and other object types, and the service should resolve those issues itself.

It is clearly acceptable to have all three objects, so it should allow them to be created in…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. enable multiple sign in from different companies domain

As a director of the company group with two sub-companies, changing from google to microsoft makes a big fuzz. I used to have one account that can communicate through both company with hangout and collaboration office app on google drive; now I need to have additional accounts for each company domain in order to use work with others on Teams, SharePoint, etc. Worsen than that, I cannot use two accounts at the same time, not even on different tab of the browser. Having to signing out and in all the time is not smart at all. Microsoft is so far…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Sharing files

The guest should have more convenient way to share files to direct messages

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. why in teams do I not have the selection of and English (British) keyboard?

why in teams do I not have the selections of and English (British) keyboard?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. After directly inviting guest users to a team on Microsoft Teams or registering guest users on Azure AD, using PowerShell to check if those

When you invite external users to the team or add them to Azure AD as guest, it takes time for those users’ information to be reflected in the Microsoft Teams directory. So it would be helpful if I can use PowerShell to check whether those users are added to the directory or not.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. guests without office 365

We currently use a competing team collaboration app that does everything that MS Teams does. We would be interested in switching to MS Teams if only we could invite guests who are not Office 365 users, as we can with our current solution. We use our current solution to not only communicate and collaborate on tasks and project within our organization, but we also create teams for our customers to communicate with members of our team who are serving them, and they need only register with ANY email address.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Guest Access Approved Domain List

It would be great to allow guest access for users in Microsoft Teams, but have the ability to manage a list of approved domains so users can not send guest access to sites like Google, Yahoo, etc.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Product Not usable

Again, MS has done a very poor job with Teams. No one thinks over there at MS and everyone seems to develop everything Half A$$

Using Skype for business All contacts including other Skype contacts that are not Skype for business are able to be communicated with.

Teams sucks, as it is a Silo and does not allow chatting with any other Skype users except for business.

It is extremely buggy when moving to teams only as no contacts or favorites are carried over and you are forcing everyone to re-setup everything all over again.

You loose all call logs…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow admins and Teams owner the ability to turn guest sharing on/off for selected Teams

Currently Guest Access seems to be either On or Off for all Teams, we need the ability to allow owners to turn it On or Off when needed to. Currently both SharePoint and O365 Groups have this ability. This feature will make sure that users/owners don't accidentally invite external users to Internal Teams.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Guest should not be able to edit/delete/rename other files (not uploaded by him)

Guest should not be able to edit/delete/rename other files (not uploaded by him)
    Microsoft Case # 11945348

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. unable to add people to the free teams

I have signed for the Free version of Teams using my personal Microsoft account and I am unable to add people to a Team or to my Org in the Free version of Teams. When trying to invite someone I get an error that says "We're having trouble sending the invitations. Please try again later". No matter how many times I try, it doesn't work. I even created a new Free-Teams account and got the same result with that one too. Please help.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Prohibit access for guests except for Microsoft Teams

Requesting for implement a feature that permits guest accesses only for Microsoft Teams. Also, I want a feature that permits guest access for specific users.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Guest users are not shown in the list of participants

There are currently 2 participants in the meeting: Tallinn Videolab 1 (me) and a guest (my other PC, using Teams on Web). I can see the guest's camera image, but I cannot see his name (see the screenshot). The list of participants looks like I was the only one in the meeting, which is not true.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I would like to be able to see all the teams (including Guest teams) I am in from the Team App.

I would like to be able to see all the teams (including Guest teams) I am in from the Team App rather than having to switch views

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Let users and admins control status visibility to externals/guests

Let users and admins control status visibility to externals/guests. Sometimes it is a wanted feature to show your status to a guest or external org, but mostly people don't want to be seen as available to guests/externals.

As an example scenario, some customers are joined to our tenant as guests and after they see some specific developer online, they start asking for service directly instead of going through regular channels.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Prevent guests from seeing other members in a Team

We need an option to be able to turn off the visibility of members within a Team for Guests. We want to create Teams with multiple vendors within the Team, and private channels for each Vendor company, but don't want those vendors to see each others names and email addresses.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Guest users access via Teams desktop client should be included in AAD sign-in logs

When guest users access Teams via the desktop client, their access log won’t be logged in the AAD sign-in logs. However, the guest access via the web client is always logged in the AAD sign-in logs.
    It would be great if the guest users access via Teams desktop client can always be logged in the AAD sign-in logs.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Option to delete all registered guest users at once

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    登録されているゲストユーザーを一括で削除したい
    Option to delete all registered guest users at once

■Description(内容):
    Microsoft Teams にてゲスト アクセスでユーザーをチームなどに招待をした場合に、テナント内に登録されたゲストユーザーを一括で削除したい。
    Windows PowerShellを含めて機能実装を希望いたします。

In the case where users have been invited to teams and given guest access in order to do so, I would like to be able to remove all guest users from the tenant at once.
    Please add this as an option in PowerShell, too.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 9 11 13 19 20
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base