Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Guest Access to see Planner Tasks

Hello, I have a question about MS Teams Guest Access. Is there any working on Guest acces to login-sign in MS teams planner or tasks?
    Guest Accounts can see chat, folders etc but can not open planner tasks ?
    Thanks.

271 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

49 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  Warren responded

Great news! This feature request is being worked upon by the Planner team!
    Expect an update soon.

-Warren

2. Eliminate "Context" Switching from Guest Feature

The new guest feature is a great start, but it feels more like a bolt-on than a core part of the experience. I'd like to see you be able to converse/collaborate as a guest in other organizations without needing to switch between tenants.

Each context switch takes several seconds and is disruptive, I know I'm being picky here, but I believe this would help keep the end user experience smooth and drive adoption.

Thanks!

240 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Provide a much more obvious indicator that a Team has "Guests"

My organization is EXTREMELY worried that a user may post something in a Team that has Guests without realizing external Customers may be in the Team. We are using the nomenclature that a Team name in ALL CAPS is a Team with external people, but it would be great if we could turn on a Banner on Posts (similar to the "This post will be seen by 65 people") in red or yellow so it's very very apparent that you are posting something external people can see.

174 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Rethink Guest Access

Switching 'tenants" is impractical for most business uses. Your average CEO, or hourly employee, is not going to remember to switch accounts to see negotiations. The fact that you can't see notifications seemlessly from one account is why you need to rethink the guest access layout.

It would better to see all notifications AND ANSWER THEM from your 'main' account. Not after you switch to your guest account. Efficient communication is thrown to the wayside with the current guest access setup. To me, guest access is useless.

166 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Guest Display Name

Please provide a more obvious signal to the Owner who is adding a guest - to designate the Display Name at the time of adding a Guest.

If you don't edit the guest account name (by clicking on that teeny-tiny little edit button on the guest's email address) before you click 'Add' - there is no way to edit the Guest's display name.

Gotta delete and re-add.

Would be nice for a little more signal to the owner that "Here is where you set the Guest's Display Name."

152 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Guests should be able to send files in private chats

Guest can send files/images inside channels but not inside private chats. Without that feature the communication with external developers or testers is almost not possible or had to be done inside a channel, which would disturb other team members.

138 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  8 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Solution for guests accounts with an organisation account without Office365 tenant to be able to login at teams.microsoft.com

I have created several guest accounts following the instructions here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/guest-access

Basically,

1. Enabled Guest Access in Office365 Admin Center

2. Added guest account through Azure Active Directory

a. Guest account received email Azure AD "You're invited to the organization"

b. Guest follows the "Get Started" link in the email to create a password

1. Added guest to a Team through Microsoft Teams desktop application

a. Guest account received email Teams "You have been added to a team in Microsoft Teams"

b. Guest follows the "Open Microsoft Teams" link in the email to be sent to teams.microsoft.com

c. Guest is redirected to login.microsoftonline.com …

84 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    needs your feedback  ·  Warren responded

If anyone is still hitting this issue, please respond in the comments section of this topic and let me know!

Thanks!
    -Warren

8. Allow Guests to schedule Private and Channel meetings

We work with partners remotely who are just as much a part of our team as those who work for us. These partners are invited to our teams as guests and we would like them to be enabled to schedule meetings for the team. When we try to enable the switch for this it won't allow it so it must be an administratively prevented option.

75 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. collaborating with external users

it will be ery nice if we can collaborate with exernal users too. that is, those outside the organisation

75 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. "Cannot request a keyboard control from the guest user"

Hello,

My team would like to replace WebEx with Teams for Customer Support calls, but not all of our Customers have or use Teams logins. And, although Guest users can join a Teams meeting and share their desktops, they are unable to share control of their desktops. To more efficiently diagnose and resolve issues, we need to be able to request control of their shared desktops.

On the Sharing menu, the Guest login is unable to "Give control" and as the meeting organizer I get a "Requesting control is disabled by sharer company's administrator" error when clicking the "Request control"…

73 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Enable Remote control for external contacts(Guests) when you share your screen

Right now, if you have a Meeting with someone that is not part of your Tenant, you only can share your screen to present what are you seeing at your screen; but if you want that the guest could take remote control of your screen this cannot be performed.

Please enable remote control for external contacts (Guest) in order to use Teams instead of Join.me or Teamviewer

70 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Remove "Team has guests" after last guest has been removed.

Remove "Team has guests" after last guest has been removed.

63 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Suphatra responded

Thanks to the folks who flagged this bug is back. Please upvote to be subscribed to the status of this bug.

13. Allow 'Guests' to have the same amount of functionality as a regular Member.

Allow 'Guests' to have the same amount of functionality as a regular Member. Or as much as possible while still keeping things secure.

When a Guest is added to the Team, often times they are at the same level of team membership / importance / contributor as actually internal Members and it makes no sense business wise to limit their functionality - arbitrarily - just because they are not part of our tenant.

58 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Option to remove guest account (under Your accounts) from Microsoft Teams

As a guest, I cannot remove a guest account (under Your accounts) from my Microsoft Teams. I can leave all teams, I'm a guest member of, but I'm stuck with the account.

53 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow to share screen to External Contacts directly through Chat

Allow to share screen to External Contacts directly through Chat. Currently we can only share our screen to external contacts when in a meeting. We can share screen to our internal colleagues but not to External Users. We will be needing to add them as a Guest Users first.

51 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Tenant Friending

Treat users in your own organization but on different tenant differently than a regular guest. We should not have to add them a a Guest user in our tenant.

51 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Alerts in guest tenants

When you've been given access to a team as a guest there is currently no way to be alerted. All the little red notification only appear when you visit the guest team's tenant within Microsoft Teams. A notification on the account in "Your Accounts" would probably work.

51 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Chat with users from other tenants/organizations

I would like to have option to find people from other organizations/tenants and chat with them.
    1/ Teams user to teams user.
    2/ Teams user to Skype for Business user.

50 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Provide central management for Guests invited in Teams

Current for guests invited in Teams, we can see a Guest contacts will be created in O365 Admin Portal --> Users --> Guest users. However, there is no detailed information showing who invited the Guest, which Teams group this Guest belongs to and there is no easy way to manage these Guests accordingly.

We would like to have central management feature for Guest users created in Teams.

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. guest add tab to channel

Have option to allow guests to create tabs in a channel. Guest already have access to add channels, if enabled, but can't add tabs.

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 12 13
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base