Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

It’s managed by me (Suphatra) and I’m a real person, not a robot. I work on the Teams team and sit in engineering, and its my job to represent your voice in the design and development of this product.

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplications are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which I check religiously!

Thanks everyone for supporting Teams. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

Sincerely,
Suphatra

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Rename of Team Channel doesn't rename associated Sharepoint files Folder

When renaming a Team Channel, the associated Sharepoint folder continues with it's previous name. This could lead to confusion.

1,932 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

127 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Incorrect status in teams

We have noticed that our Teams statuses are consistently incorrect. Even when some team members are active in Teams they are shown as "away" or "offline". For example, although I can see that my status is "active", my colleagues see my status as "offline".

Can you please fix this bug?

731 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

216 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • 587 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

165 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The team is still working on this fix, as part of a larger design change. Given internal feedback, it has been decided the current design isn’t ready for primetime.

In the meantime, someone discovered that triple clicking will actually select all of the text. I know we want the real fix, but thought I’d share.

Thanks for your patience.

• Fix pasting of images

Pasting images is somewhat supported - see https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public-preview/suggestions/16925587-ability-to-paste-images) but is not correctly implemented (at least on Windows).

Using Google Chrome, if I right click on any image on a webpage and select "Copy Image", I can not paste it into Teams. I can paste this on competitors products, such as HipChat and of course into MS Paint.

There are different issues pasting from other browsers. Edge and IE both paste a blank image. Firefox has similar behavior to Chrome (nothing is pasted at all).

This is a very common use case - pasting an image from a web page.…

286 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

82 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Stop scrolling while I type a message.

When I am typing a message, whether in chat or channel, the conversation window scrolls up for as long as I'm typing for. A message this long will scroll up a few dozen lines, while a much longer message will scroll to the beginning of the conversation.

38 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This year-old bug has popped back up, as some of you may have noticed.

It is only affecting users who are scrolled at 85%. If you are experiencing this, please send me user logs so the team can crush this bug!

Thank you :-)
              Suphatra

• Teams has hijacked several keyboard shortcuts

Teams has hijacked several keyboard shortcuts as of early december, and will not allow them to be used even in other programmes.
              This is particularly annoying as one of them, ctrl+alt+d, is probably the most used shortcut on my keyboard - I use it a couple of times a minute while working. Is it possible to make these keyboard shortcuts reassignable, or at least to stop Teams from interrupting other programmes?

29 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Teams shortcut is not being added to Start menu App list

After installing Teams via latest executable, the shortcut for the application is not being added to the App list of Start menu. Even Windows Search cannot find it as an installed app. However, it can be found from installed applications via Settings.

Observed on Windows 10 version 1809.

25 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for raising the feedback. I’m happy to tell you that the build with the fix for this issue is in the process of being rolled out. Once you have received the upgrade to build 28562, you should no longer encounter the issue.

~ Alex

• While I'm typing messages in any channel or chat, the page slowly scrolls up. It also does this when I get a new message so I have to scrol

When I am typing a message, whether in chat or channel, the conversation window scrolls up for as long as I'm typing for. A message this long will scroll up a few dozen lines, while a much longer message will scroll to the beginning of the conversation.

THIS BUG IS NOT FIXED. VERY ANNOYING. It also scrolls up everytime someone types a new message so I have to scroll down to read it....

13 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Scaling pictures don't work

The possibility to scale a picture in a wiki article seems to have stopped working. Since the day before yesterday one can only scale the pictures that's been uploaded in the past, a new picture is one size and impossible to scale. Is this a known issue?

7 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base