Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Tool tips for Close and Minimize remain on the screen

Minimize and Close button tips remain on the screen after clicking each respective button. The only way to get them to go away is to either bring Teams back into focus or kill and restart the application. It is super annoying.

240 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

57 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Suphatra responded

Hi everyone, this bug is officially eliminated. Email me directly if it resurfaces: sparavi @ Microsoft (dot) com.

Thanks for reporting it and supporting Teams! We really appreciate your feedback.

Sincerely,
    Suphatra

2. Video and Screensharing Bug

When initiating a video call, I receive an error message which states video and screensharing will not work for me and that I should check my video drivers. I have the latest version of Microsoft Teams (v1.0.00.15151, 64-bit) and my webcam works for other video call and screensharing services, so I'm confident my video drivers are up-to-date. Some users I work with do not have this same problem, but I am aware that others are experiencing the same issue I am. I am running Windows 10 on a Dell Latitude E6540 laptop.

228 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

105 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Yay, this is finally fixed! We just rolled it out a few minutes ago, so it may take a day or two to show up on your machines.
    Just tweet me at @skprufo if you’re still struggling with it.

Thanks,
    Suphatra

3. Teams notifications have stopped working for current chat

Microsoft Teams has stopped showing notifications for your 'current' conversation (the currently selected chat in Teams, where the history is visible). Notifications appear as normal for other chats, but if you get further responses to the 'current' chat - and the window is either hidden, minimised, or closed completely and running the background - then you get no notification (toast, or flashing in the taskbar) and the new conversation isn't bolded in the left sidebar of Teams where the chats are listed.

90 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

41 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Alt+Num affecting accents for all languages

I use a mechanical keyboard with the us layout to type Spanish. It's imposible to input accented characters because the app tries to process them as shortcuts.

90 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Channels bug: Auto-creating channels

We are currently experiencing a bug where the system is auto-creating channels in a Team. When we click on "...more channels" the normal dialogue appears but is empty. The number of channels increases/decreases randomly. We can no longer create channels in this Team.

90 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

51 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone, this bug has been found and fixed.

Please note it can take up to an hour on active usage of the team to kick in the API which fixes the issue. We’re seeing Teams getting fixed in the logs, so I know many of you should be seeing this bug cease.

However, if you’re still facing this bug despite instructions above, please email me at sparavi @ Microsoft dot com with your user logs and I’ll have the team investigate.

Thanks!
    Suphatra

6. @ makes entry bold

The latest version of the Windows App (1.0.00.10951) makes the entire entry bold (not only the name) when including another team member using @[name]. If i delete and retry a few times I can sometimes get the name added without bolding, but it's very inconsistant (and quite annoying).

76 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. ctrl + shift + space is not working in Visual Studio 2017 when Teams is running.

Deterministic bug: ctrl + shift + space is not working in Visual Studio 2017 when Teams is running.
    Teams version is 1.0.00.31451 (64-bit).

71 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Korean IME (HANGUL) does NOT work properly

Korean IME (HANGUL) does NOT work properly

1. When typing Hangul after the character ‘(‘, and a space, the Korean IME combination is broken continuously, and and we can not send messages correctly due to the broken IME compositions. (e.g. when typing (안녕하세요, (안ㅇ하세요ㄴ comes out.

- Looks like it's only happening in MS Teams app since it's working well in Word and Outlook with the sample repro steps.

2. Even if we try to point out a particular person through @, the name comes out twisted with Hangul. (e.g. when typing @홍길동, @홍동길 comes out (the second character and…

53 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  16 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. @ mentions in chats

Cannot tag users in a private chat using the @ function.

Would be great if there was a way to tag a specific member of a 'chat' using the @ function.

49 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Warren responded

Hi everyone,

This mentions in chat bug has been fixed! The update is now in the public ring! Yay!

Thank you for your feedback and support.
    -Warren

10. ctrl+shift+v to paste clipboard content unformatted now starts a video call

The new keyboard shortcut to start a video call overrides the default "paste unformatted" shortcut which is essential. This should be configurable or the shortcut for start video call changed.

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Desktop notifications

Don't send mobile notification when I am active on desktop. The was released awhile, but it still happens to me, as in yesterday it happen a lot.

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  3 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Channel adding error: "An error has occurred while creating the channel."

When attempting to create another channel in a Team the error message appears:
    "An error has occurred while creating the channel."
    No further info, and restarting or refreshing Teams does not resolve it.

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

43 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Looks like we worked out all the bugs. THANK YOU SO MUCH for your help on this — for reporting it, testing it and giving your feedback. We appreciate your support of Teams and are listening to you!

Sincerely,
    Suphatra

Twitter: skprufo Email: sparavimicrosoft.com

13. 36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Webroot has confirmed they have started rolling out the updated patch release (Version 9.0.18.44). There is no action that you need to take as this update is automatically being deployed.

Here’s what’s in the patch release:
    - Fixes issue with file operations after the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update ( typically these are permission issues )
    - Resolves an issue where VMWare Workstation (Viewer) 14 displays an error after updating to Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 
    - Prevent blocking of deletion of sandbox for 3rd party app Sandboxie after updating to Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

For more details see https://community.webroot.com/t5/Techie/Windows-10-Creators-Update-and-Creators-Update-SDK-are-Released/td-p/288968.

Thanks,
    Alex

14. Teams has hijacked several keyboard shortcuts

Teams has hijacked several keyboard shortcuts as of early december, and will not allow them to be used even in other programmes.
    This is particularly annoying as one of them, ctrl+alt+d, is probably the most used shortcut on my keyboard - I use it a couple of times a minute while working. Is it possible to make these keyboard shortcuts reassignable, or at least to stop Teams from interrupting other programmes?

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  12 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Teams shortcut is not being added to Start menu App list

After installing Teams via latest executable, the shortcut for the application is not being added to the App list of Start menu. Even Windows Search cannot find it as an installed app. However, it can be found from installed applications via Settings.

Observed on Windows 10 version 1809.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  16 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. "Sorry, you need OneDrive for Business for file sharing." Even though we have OneDrive for Business

For some reason I'll get "Sorry, you need OneDrive for Business for file sharing." message when trying to share files. It used to work. and stopped yesterday I think.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  21 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. App crashing on iOS 12

Hello, I know this is early but I just wanted to be sure you are aware that the Microsoft Teams app is crashing on startup when running on iOS 12. I know you have no obligation to get things fixed for a beta operating system, but it would be greatly appreciated :)

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  10 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. What happened to the conversation window next to an open file?

What happened to the ability to have the conversation window open next to a file (office file or PDF)? I used that feature quite a bit. Now when I click on "start conversation" while viewing a file in teams the button disappears and no side window opens up. In the conversation channel where the file is located I can find the beginning of a chat but I'd like to see the conversation back with the file when viewing.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Duplicate chats appear when sending private message

My colleague and I are both using Teams inside our organization. When he started a private chat with me, it opened a new thread (as I would expect). However, after a few messages, Teams opened up yet another new chat, rather than adding the messages to the existing chat.

Additionally, in each of our Teams client, it says that the other is using S4B. Neither of us is signed into S4B.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Update files are stored on the MAC taking up a lot of disk space

It seems every time Mac app updates itself, it stores the update file to Library/Application Support/Microsoft/Teams/tmp folder.
    The update files are named as Teams_osx (1).zip, Teams_osx (2).zip etc. Each file seems to be around 80 MB. Since the Mac app updates itself constantly (microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-..), they start consuming significant amount of disk space. When I first noticed this, there was ~70GB of update files! Garbage collection would be welcome.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base