Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Removed users can see notifications and partial text on threads which they commented

1. Add a user to a private team
    2. Have the user comment on a thread
    3. Remove the user's access to the team
    4. The removed user will still receive notifications every time a different user replies to that thread.
    5. The user will see the preview text in the notification
    6. When the user clicks the notification, they do not have access (as expected)

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Files tab no longer opens General folder

The link to the General folder in the associated SharePoint document register is broken. This prevents attachment to be added to Conversations. Please make it possible to edit the Files link so that correct function can be reestablished. This would also allow people to use the Files tab to point to their prefered location rather than a predefined location based on Channel Name. This is a serious issue inhibiting adoption of Teams in my Company.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. The Create Team button is broken

When I go to create a new team, I click on the "Create Team" button, and nothing happens/

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Suphatra responded

Hi folks, is this still happening for you? If so, please send me your logs at sparavi (at) Microsoft (dot) com. I’ll see if we can repro the issue and figure out what’s going on.

Thanks,
    Suphatra

4. sending messages is causes timeline above it to jump back days or weeks

When I am chatting with team members, each time a send a message the chat history above jumps back days or weeks...and I have to scroll back down to the bottom. Very annoying.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks Chris for sharing this! I’ve sent it straight to the Messaging team, who is investigating.

5. Edit Button is missing

the Edit button seems to have disappared. all we have is Mark as Unread in the Elipsis button

an update must have been done

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi folks, the “Edit” button can be turned off at the Team and Tenant level. Please check your Team settings and your Tenant settings to see if that’s the case, then email Alex.Rector@microsoft.com with your findings. She’s investigating whether this is a bug or not.

Thanks,
    Suphatra

6. Issue with Android App

After 25 May update, I am unable to post Chat on Teams or take part in conversation.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Shaishav,

Can you please send me your mobile logs? To send, just click “Send Feedback” on the little lightbulb in the mobile app.

Did this persist after rebooting your phone?

Suphatra

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.