Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. "Reply all with IM" from an Outlook meeting is broken

In an Outlook meeting, when I use the "Reply All with IM" option, with Teams set as my IM application, it opens a conversation with the owner of the meeting only.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

working on it  ·  3 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Blank login window - Fix it!

When I open the Teams app on my machine (Windows 8.1), I get a blank login window. I've tried completely uninstalling it and reinstalling it and the problem remains. My company's IT people can't figure it out either. The only way I can get it working is to close the blank login window, then it reappears, then I close it again and it says "Modern authentication failed here. Status code 4c7". Then it logs in some other way and works.

How do I fix this?

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Chat notifications dont work

Hi. Since a few days ago chat notifications don't work anymore. I used to receive a banner notification anytime somebody texted me, right now I can only see the red dot on the Teams Icon which is barely noticeable. All notification settings are set properly. Can you fix it?

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Failing copy of pictures between chat/channels/teams

Copying pictures from a chat/channels/teams does not work at all. When you copy over, you have a white picture.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow to mute “meeting started” and “meeting e

Allow to mute “meeting started” and “meeting ended” notifications. Sonit doesnt show as a new badge notification

Also, when I click on Meetings - it should scoll down to current time. Not beginning of day so I have to scroll down EACH TIME.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Roaming Profiles Cause Teams Desktop to Crash With Javascript Error

We have setup folder redirect as recommended on the office 365 website (link below). This worked with teams just fine for the last few months but the latest release now crashes every time we try to launch it with a javascript error. The error is related to %appdata%\microsoft failing to be created because it already exists. If we remove it then the app will launch correctly 1 time and then it recreates the folder and fails again.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/redirect-windows-known-folders-to-onedrive-e1b3963c-7c6c-4694-9f2f-fb8005d9ef12?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Fix bugs in mobile Teams app(wiki)

Sequence
    1. Create multiple sections on the Wiki Tab
    2. 'Conversations' Create Wiki links
    3. If you click on the link, te PC will move normally, but on the mobile, it will always move to he first section of wiki

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Adding someone to chat with "share all chat history" sometimes doesn't share any history. Also doesn't notify the user they've been added

Adding someone to an existing chat and choosing "share all chat history" sometimes doesn't share any history at all.

Both people see the "*** added yyy to the conversation and shared all chat history" message but the newly added person (yyy) doesn't see any of the previous chat messages. The only thing they see is the "added" message and subsequent messages. He even quit Teams and re-launched it and still does not see the previous messages.

Additionally, the added user was not notified when they were added to the chat. They were only notified once someone sent a new message.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. When a folder is renamed in Teams, the new name is not reported in the Sharepoint on line version for the same folder.

When a folder is renamed in Teams, the new name is not reported in the Sharepoint on line version for the same folder.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Fix Hyperlink Issue

Hyperlinks do not work when clicked on inside any office product within Teams, such as a spreadsheet listing a bunch of websites. Please fix

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Please fix profile Pic Uploading

When I try and upload a profile picture it always errors and fails. Uploading via Office 365 site doesn't work either: the picture uploads but doesn't appear on either my Office 365 Delve profile or in Teams.

Please fix

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Dragging a Maximized Window Doesn't Work

When a window is maximized, moving the cursor to the top pixel on the screen and dragging down will restore the window and allow you to drag it. In Teams, this selects all text instead.

(I'm guessing this is something with Electron but it's annoying)

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Flashing on taskbar after answering and reading every message

- You get a message
    - You answer it
    - You start doing something else
    - Taskbar starts flashing

You have to click back into Teams and wait 5 sec for it to go away. It is infuriating.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. visual studio team services authentication

it is not possible to add VSTS tab using credentials (of the VSTS owner) that are different to one that has been used for authentication within the Teams. system shows 401 error

it should be also possible to add VSTS not only by VSTS owners.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Odd font replacement on new iOS 13 build

On the new iOS 13 build your font within the conversataion stream is being replaced with Times Roman.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Correct formatting of Power BI dates

Power BI tabs on Team channels displaying reports ignore the chosen date format on fields and instead show the US format (MM/DD/YYYY).

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Either strip formatting from chat text pasted into a new chat or enable the text formatting controls to actually change the pasted entry.

Properly formatting pre-formatted text on paste was apparently already suggested and implemented, but it was broken for me today. I pasted formatted text and was not able to change the format. I had to paste it into Notepad, then copy paste it into Teams. Bug? See attached screen shot where final text was still too big

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Bluetooth Connectivity

Teams doesn't Integrate with my Plantronics(BT300M) bluetooth

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Kill, Close, End a Meeting, Administratively.

I (administrator and meeting organizer) am unable to end the meeting, disconnecting all the parties. We have people simply close their app/browser without "leaving" the meeting. Hours later it is still running. I cannot end it. Administrators should have a "kill" switch. I expect to be able to close a meeting as it owner or the system administrator to end it without any delay.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Fix the enableStartupProfile crash

Every few days teams crashes with the error "Cannot read property enableStartupProfile of undefined". I've attached a screenshot with a stack trace. To resolve this, I have to run a batch file that erases all my preferences. This makes the product very difficult to trust.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.