Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. "There was a problem saving the photo. Please try again."

"There was a problem saving the photo. Please try again."

Error comes up after:

Teams > (click team) > More Options (. . .) > Manage Team > (hover team logo) > change team picture (edit button) > Upload Picture > (select file) > Upload

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

18 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Inaccurate Missed Call Notification on Mobile

If I get a call on teams, it rings on both my phone and my computer. If I accept it on my computer, my phone records it as a "missed call" and has a notification dot (on iOS). I need to open teams and view the missed calls list in order to make it go away. The truth is that I ACCEPTED the call, but just not on that device.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Video in teams is pixelated ... starting 'camera' on PC temporarily resolves

I'm a Microsoft employee (bwhichel)
    Problem: When I start video in a teams call, it's very pixelated. To temporarily resolve it, I start the camera app on my PC. See attached video. I've uninstalled Teams... installed the 64bit version... tried the Public ring.... still happens

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add a Planner Tab using an existing Plan, Problem

Within an existing team I create a channel as a template with Tabs that have specific tasks associated with that plan. I can then create a new channel and add a Planner tab using an existing plan duplicating all the tasks of the "template". this is great except for one problem. When I edit any detail of the new channel plan all those edits are also applied to the template plan and any other plan that I have created in this way. If each duplicate behaved independently of the donor template and all other channels this would allow me to…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    thank you!  ·  Warren responded

I want to ensure you were aware that Planner integration does not allow you to make a “copy” of plans. But that is something the feature team is looking into.

In this case, what you are seeing is the same plan in both channels. You are simply pointing to it from two different channels. Therefore if you make a change to one item, in one channel, the changes will also be reflected in the other channel because they are the same plan.

Thank you for the feedback and I hope I was able to provide some clarification for you.
    -Warren

5. Notifications in Android fail to appear

I have Teams in Android and although I have configured all notifications to appear, and have in the definition given Teams always active, it happens a lot that notifications do not appear. I have to manually check groups to see if there are new posts.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Chat notifications dont work

Hi. Since a few days ago chat notifications don't work anymore. I used to receive a banner notification anytime somebody texted me, right now I can only see the red dot on the Teams Icon which is barely noticeable. All notification settings are set properly. Can you fix it?

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Notifications not appearing on Mac

With the recent update, notifications do not appear on the Mac version of Teams. I have the mobile app set to always alert as well, and I get a quick notification on mobile that clears immediately (when the Mac client is minimized). I suspect the client is marking messages as read prematurely.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. The file transferred from iOS apps to Teams is broken and cannot open

We are facing the error that files transferred from iOS app which is managed by Intune MAM to Teams is broken and cannot open it. We would like you to fix this issue smoothly.

Effected device :
     ・iOS device (10.2 / 11.3 etc.)

Intune Settings :
      ・Intune MAM Without MDM management
      ・Same MAM setting are assigned to OneDrive / Outlook / Teams / Excel (File Transfer between apps settings / Copy and paste between apps settings is all “Policy Managed apps”)
    Azure AD Portal (https://portal.azure.com/) > Intune > Mobile apps > App protection policies > iOS…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow to mute “meeting started” and “meeting e

Allow to mute “meeting started” and “meeting ended” notifications. Sonit doesnt show as a new badge notification

Also, when I click on Meetings - it should scoll down to current time. Not beginning of day so I have to scroll down EACH TIME.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Scrolling up and down via touch screen not working in Teams Planner buckets

Scrolling up and down via touch screen not working in Teams Planner buckets. Obviously works fine via e.g. mouse scroll wheel, but not when using the Teams app on e.g. a Surface device.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Fix Hyperlink Issue

Hyperlinks do not work when clicked on inside any office product within Teams, such as a spreadsheet listing a bunch of websites. Please fix

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Desktop client crashing during download and save file!!!!!

Any saving and downloading of any file on the computer results in the application crashing!

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. BUG-Team members Pictures missing

Team members pictures show in the online version but not in the Windows Application.

I'm currently running on Windows 7. See attachment for example.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Channel in teams is in incorrect state and cannot remove it

We tried to create new fresh channel but it's state is weird. We cannot post any message (error appears with 'Try again' and 'Delete' options) or event delete the channel to try creating it again. The only thing we can see is spinning circle on the top.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Translate general folder

When creating a team in a Dutch tenant the default channel is "Algemeen" (Dutch translation for "General") but the generated folder in the SP document library is called "General". Please create the folder with the right name (same as the channels name).

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Fix the bug in @mentions

When you type an @ sign for a mention, and then need to backspace or otherwise correct a typo in the name you're typing - then the @mention function no longer works. 30 minutes later the "@" sign still won't bring up the list. If you type the name you want exactly - including both first and last name as the awkward implementation of this feature requires - still doesn't work.

This seems like a minor issue but it happens to a least a couple of people everyday. Not being able to notify someone with a message is such a…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Renamed channel

I renamed the channel, but under the FILES tab, the old name is still there.

Active Projects was originally named 2019 Projects.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Don't block message text with Save|Like|More Options popup

When trying to copy text from a message, the icons for Save, Like and More Options, pops up in the foreground, over the actual text I'm trying to copy, making it very difficult to select the text. Can't you change the icon popup location so it doesn't pop up blocking the text?

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Planner tab error in new teams created using the admin center

When a Teams service administrator creates a new team from the Microsoft Teams admin center and adds himself as the owner of the team, it would not be able to create a Planner tab on that team.
    When trying to create a new Planner tab in any of the the team channels, an error saying 'Failed to create the plan' would appear (see the attached file).
    Not only that, if any another team owner creates the planner tab for him, he will not be able to access it, and the error changes to 'Something went wrong' -indeed-.
    In order to…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Imposible to share link to a folder

when i click the paper clip and want to add link to a folder within teams, it is impossible. I have to select specific file. Please make it possible to share link to a folder.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base