Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make Take a Test links work

If I paste a Take a Test link in a conversations post, the link doesn’t work. I made a quiz for my students and want an easy way to distribute the link to them.

If the link is put in a Word doc or in OneNote, the link can’t be opened inside Teams either.

So you need to make Teams accept the lockdown links used in Take a Test.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. REMOVE t-BOT from Teams ... just spam

REMOVE t-BOT from Teams ... just spam

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. arcgis maps from PowerBI

When publishing a PowerBI with ArcGIS component, it does not display in MS Teams

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. horizontal scrolling

Horizontal Scrolling with the mouse wheel does not work in the teams client application.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Please extend the limitation of the pixels of the image in Teams chat

As we tested and checked, the limitation of the pixels of the images in Teams chat is 10000*10000. This limitation might cause much inconvenience during the work. Please extend it, many thanks!!!

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Rename of Team Channel doesn't rename associated Sharepoint files Folder-this comment has been "being worked" for 2 years - but MS has quit

Please see see the Teams blog item named the above.

Rename of Team Channel doesn't rename associated Sharepoint files Folder

The person who responded has now left MS..and this is needing to be worked.

Thx

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add External contact

Can't add external contact. When i click to add contact i can add the external account. It then states a message
    We didn't fine any matches. Talk to your internal IT admin about expanding the scope of your search.

we can sesarch externally but contact not added

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Update\patch to fix “This message has been deleted” error in Teams desktop client.

A handful of our end-users have experienced an issue with the Teams desktop app were it incorrectly says that messages are deleted. However, when the end-users go to the Teams web app the problem messages show up fine.

We found that by logging out and back into the Teams desktop app resolves this issue with the problem messages. However, this is very inconvenient to have to do when this issue occurs. We wanted to see if there is any plans to fix this issue in the Team desktop app with a future update or patch.

Thank you!

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Fix Forms in MS Teams tab on mobile

Have a bad experience using MS Teams with an added form on mobile (IOS, Android).

Have a MS Teams Channel with an added form in a tab. Form is created via the MS Teams, hence it is not personal.

Working on a mobile i cannot fill-out the form - but am taken out of the MS Team to the forms.office.com - website...

It works when i use the "website" tab - but that is a workaround. Please improve the Forms-app!

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. When using a Team Code to join a team, I see; "Couldn't join this team with that code. Double-check the code or try another one."

When using a Team Code to join a team as a Guest, I see; "Couldn't join this team with that code. Double-check the code or try another one." - is that an issue, or the result of a teams/tenancy restriction somewhere? The Team is Public and I'm certain the Team Code I'm using is correct.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. upload file

Allow for file uploads with the same name.

If I send a file in a one-on-one message with one person, and then send the same file to a different person, I should not have to rename the file or see this error message:

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Microsoft Forms bot not availalble/responding

I want to use the Microsoft Forms bot in my team to do quick polls. According to Teams the bot is available, but the @forms command does not activate the bot.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. URLs generated from TEAMS are too long for Outlook 2016

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. sending messages is causes timeline above it to jump back days or weeks

When I am chatting with team members, each time a send a message the chat history above jumps back days or weeks...and I have to scroll back down to the bottom. Very annoying.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Suphatra responded

Thanks Chris for sharing this! I’ve sent it straight to the Messaging team, who is investigating.

15. Teams not generating thumbnails for youtube videos anymore

It used to be the case that whenever you posted a link to a youtube video, it would generate a thumbnail, but this is not working anymore.

It'd be great to have this back on and also make what's in here https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/38782594-display-youtube-video-title-and-description-when-s

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Calls ring through while do not disturb

Even while both my computer and mobile teams apps show me as do not disturb I still have calls ring my line. This is completely beside the point of having my teams app on do not disturb if I'm still getting calls.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. iPhone chat notifications delay

Hopefully this is a fluke, but might be worth the devs looking into... I sent several texts to my co-worker, waited about 5 minutes for a response and got nothing, so I put my computer to sleep, anticipating I would be notified on my iPhone (7 Plus, if that matters). I received no notifications all of yesterday, then got back on my computer this morning (Teams is set to auto-start) and instantaneously received 5 notifications on my phone at the same time... time stamps tell me I received them 2 - 10 hours after closing down my computer yesterday.

Hopefully…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Disable opening when right click on system task tray icon

When I right click the system task tray icon, the entire Teams window is opened. Considering that "Open" is an option in the context menu, it doesn't make sense that it's automatically opening. My use-case is that I want to quickly change my status without opening the window but, when I right click to do that, it opens the window anyways. This works as I would expect using Skype for Business and so I think Teams should work the same way.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. "There was a problem saving the photo. Please try again."

"There was a problem saving the photo. Please try again."

Error comes up after:

Teams > (click team) > More Options (. . .) > Manage Team > (hover team logo) > change team picture (edit button) > Upload Picture > (select file) > Upload

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Inaccurate Missed Call Notification on Mobile

If I get a call on teams, it rings on both my phone and my computer. If I accept it on my computer, my phone records it as a "missed call" and has a notification dot (on iOS). I need to open teams and view the missed calls list in order to make it go away. The truth is that I ACCEPTED the call, but just not on that device.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base