Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Backticks don't work with pasted text

If I copy something like a class name or error message, and then I go teams and type backtick, Ctrl-V, backtick, the pasted text does not get formatted like code. However, if I backspace after pasting and retype the last character and then add the backtick, code formatting works as expected.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make Take a Test links work

If I paste a Take a Test link in a conversations post, the link doesn’t work. I made a quiz for my students and want an easy way to distribute the link to them.

If the link is put in a Word doc or in OneNote, the link can’t be opened inside Teams either.

So you need to make Teams accept the lockdown links used in Take a Test.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. no remove option on group chat?

When you build an application, I am not sure why Microsoft always does this with the new applications when ever launched. This shows that Microsoft's testing team is so weak. I am talking about the [CHAT] option (Not the Groups). When you give a option to add multiple members in a group chat, how can you forget about removing the user from the same chat group? I see that this bug has been reporting since so long and MS is not taking care of it since long.

This is the reason why I always hate using MS products.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Desktop client crashing during download and save file!!!!!

Any saving and downloading of any file on the computer results in the application crashing!

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. BUG-Team members Pictures missing

Team members pictures show in the online version but not in the Windows Application.
    I'm currently running on Windows 7. See attachment for example.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Channel in teams is in incorrect state and cannot remove it

We tried to create new fresh channel but it's state is weird. We cannot post any message (error appears with 'Try again' and 'Delete' options) or event delete the channel to try creating it again. The only thing we can see is spinning circle on the top.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Fix the bug in @mentions

When you type an @ sign for a mention, and then need to backspace or otherwise correct a typo in the name you're typing - then the @mention function no longer works. 30 minutes later the "@" sign still won't bring up the list. If you type the name you want exactly - including both first and last name as the awkward implementation of this feature requires - still doesn't work.

This seems like a minor issue but it happens to a least a couple of people everyday. Not being able to notify someone with a message is such a…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Don't block message text with Save|Like|More Options popup

When trying to copy text from a message, the icons for Save, Like and More Options, pops up in the foreground, over the actual text I'm trying to copy, making it very difficult to select the text. Can't you change the icon popup location so it doesn't pop up blocking the text?

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add External contact

Can't add external contact. When i click to add contact i can add the external account. It then states a message
    We didn't fine any matches. Talk to your internal IT admin about expanding the scope of your search.

we can sesarch externally but contact not added

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Inaccurate Missed Call Notification on Mobile

If I get a call on teams, it rings on both my phone and my computer. If I accept it on my computer, my phone records it as a "missed call" and has a notification dot (on iOS). I need to open teams and view the missed calls list in order to make it go away. The truth is that I ACCEPTED the call, but just not on that device.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Notifications in Android fail to appear

I have Teams in Android and although I have configured all notifications to appear, and have in the definition given Teams always active, it happens a lot that notifications do not appear. I have to manually check groups to see if there are new posts.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Group chats participants count mismatch

Group chats participants count shows as 14 but we are 15 members.

The list of members doesn't shows the name of the person who is viewing the list, and hence only counts the people whose name are shown in the list, excluding the person name and also in total count who is viewing that list.

The better way to show this would be showing each and every member's name in group, with a right count.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. SharePoint Events Calendar Tab

It's great that the SharePoint team have added a nice new calendar page in SharePoint Online with filters and the ability to add team events to your own calendar. However, when adding a tab in MS Teams to the calendar page in SharePoint Online none of the filters work

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. URLs generated from TEAMS are too long for Outlook 2016

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Sort list of existing Groups

When i try to assign a new Team to an existing group, i can't find the desired group, because the display of groups is not sorted alphabetically and scrolling through hundreds of randomly displayed groups is not practical. Please display the existing groups alphabetically so that we can find a group easily.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Cannot preview pdf file from sharepoint library with teams PDF file viewer

We have connect sharepoint library inside teams, when we select PDF file, the viewer keep loading, never end.

But it works for PDF file in teams.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Translate general folder

When creating a team in a Dutch tenant the default channel is "Algemeen" (Dutch translation for "General") but the generated folder in the SP document library is called "General". Please create the folder with the right name (same as the channels name).

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Home/End keys do not work when message starts/ends with an emoji

Steps to reproduce:
    1) Start a chat message with an emoji.
    2) (optional) add more text after the emoji
    3) Hit the "Home" key on your keyboard in an attempt to place your cursor at the start of the message

Expected Result:
    Cursor appears at the start of the message, allowing you to type text preceding the emoji

Actual Result:
    Cursor vanishes and you are unable to type anything. You have to use your mouse to click back in the text box to start typing in the message again.

Other notes:
    This bug also exists for the opposite case, when…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. some times after refering a person with @person, the editor continues to write in bold/strong

Hmm couldnd figure out where to file a bug? So, this "idea" is actually considered a bug!

some times after referering a person with @person, the editor continues to write in bold/strong

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

needs your feedback  ·  Warren responded

Is this still happening for you? Votes have dropped off so I hope this has resolved. Please let me know!

Please comment in this thread your response.

Warren

20. Remove the "Web" App in Teams as it is a security risk

The "Web" App in Teams is a security risk since it allows the display of arbitrary web-content in an environment (Electron) that is not fit to handle this.

From https://electronjs.org/docs/tutorial/security: "be aware that displaying arbitrary content from untrusted sources poses a severe security risk that Electron is not intended to handle"

Therefore please remove the "Web" App.

(Yes I know that Team owners can block the app, however I feel that for the reasons given above it should not exist in the first place)

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.