Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplications are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We updated our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bug: Using a mouse with a forward or back feature during a screen sharing session/call will revoke control of the user controlling the scree

Bug: Using a mouse with a forward or back feature button during a screen sharing session/call will revoke control of the user controlling the screen and not allow the caller to re-grant control unless the gues leaves and rejoins the call.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Can't select message of last word properly

While selecting last word in message, boomark and like icon will appeared on message, so we can't select the word available at end of message, it is not best placeholder to render these icons, please check this and make bookmark and like icons will appear after the message content instead of render on message.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. teams repeatedly goes unresponsive for about a second

regularly teams gets in a state where it will repeatedly go unresponsive for about a second - so bad that windows considers the app unresponsive and dims the window white

when in this state it happens about every 3-5 seconds - constantly -

sometimes an update fixes this

and then it comes back

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Teams updates on my hotspot, which is marked as a metered connection

Make it so Teams won't update and tell me to enjoy them when I'm using my phone's hotspot, which is marked metered in Win 10 network config :)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Since you included these 2 new policies (call park policy and setup policy) we can't see all licensed users listed. Enabled users issue.

Since you included these 2 new policies (call park policy and setup policy) in Teams Admin Center we can't see all licensed users listed.
    Before this change we were able to list every licensed user, although the ones that we can't see now were showing a Disabled status that we were never able to change. I think it is related to telephone plans and features that our tenant never have used at all.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 1.2.00.7161 does not recognize windows text scaling

Although I have my application font size set to 125%, the text shown in Teams looks more like 100% (or smaller).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Getting notification on phone when I write a message to someone on PC

Ever since last weekend (approx), my colleagues and I have started receiving a notification on our mobile apps every time WE write a message to someone, as if it was coming from the target person.

Source : "Hello I am source"
    Source's phone : Target - "Hello I am source"

In this case, target did not send any messages.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Please pay attention to the details

There are many issues with the application.
    1) The application never starts, it always throws error "Error code - Request timeout
    Failed to connect to settings endpoint"

2) Copying a simple message requires skills. Whenever I try to copy a message by:
    2.1) triple click to select, it copies sender name with time and next message also

2.2) select text and drag mouse to the end of the text, it stops at the options. Understand how user wants it, user doesn't want to like/save every message. even if you decided to have that option, please include it after the message.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Dial out control is not showing up intermittently

I am using phone to get the audio on the Teams call. However when someone places a personal call I have no way to dial out until I "invite" my number. Only then Meeting Info panel shows up and I can then dial out. And at this point there are three participants on the phone - my teammate, me and my phone. This only happens on personal calls and all other scheduled meetings are working fine.

This appears to be a known issue according to https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/known-issues
    But no information on whether its going to be fixed and when.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Schedule view in Planner doesn't show tasks

After you have entered several tasks and assigned them to various buckets, and if you select the Schedule view, the tasks are not showing up on the righthand side under their respective group by element, whether it's buckets or assigned to, etc. I've attached a screenshot.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Mac Teams goes blank - unable to get display back

When I use Teams on Mac with a slow internet connexion, the screen goes blank regularly. The application logs a blank screen as shown here from the log file :
    Tue Apr 02 2019 11:21:38 GMT+0200 (CEST) <2722> -- info -- Blur main window
    Tue Apr 02 2019 11:21:38 GMT+0200 (CEST) <2722> -- info -- Is foreground set to false
    Tue Apr 02 2019 11:21:38 GMT+0200 (CEST) <2722> -- event -- duration: 19.770999908447266, name: desktop_foreground_duration,
    Tue Apr 02 2019 11:21:52 GMT+0200 (CEST) <2722> -- info -- Focusing main window
    Tue Apr 02 2019 11:21:52 GMT+0200 (CEST) <2722> -- info --…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. blocked auto attendant

Discovered by accident today the following: A Teams user blocks an external number. If that external number calls the user's DID directly, the call eventually gets disconnected without the Teams user being aware of anything. However, if the external caller goes into an auto-attendant and then chooses that particular Teams user, they get transferred and then can ring and leave voice messages the same as if they were not blocked. Is this expected behavior? Maybe there is another way that the number should be blocked on the back end side of things.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Fix email notifications stating someone is trying to reach me with no message history

I am receiving email notifications stating that someone is trying to reach me in Teams. When I click the link or go to my direct message history with the individual, there's no message. However, the individual told me that he sent me a message, so now I fear I am missing messages altogether.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. cant listen to voice message again on desktop windows

after listening to a voice message, it will turn to mute and cannot hear anything, while the progress bar advancing forward

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. presence not working

Skype for business shows many of my co-workers are online, but Teams does not. (Teams just shows an x in a circle and "Offline" for everyone.)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Card action type openUrl with link to tab doesn't work

I try to make webhook which make message like "You have new notification in AAA Tab" with action button "Open AAA Tab" that open our app in Tab in channel. I using url from "copy link to tab" in channel "..." menu. But it doesn't open our tab, but some default channel in different team.

Steps to reproduce:
    1. Get link to custom tab in channel via "copy link to tab"
    2. Send message to channel via bot / webhook with action type openUrl and link from step 1
    3. Go to MS Teams and click on button in message …

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Why was Microsoft Teams Installed on my device?

I first noticed a unidentified start up item? So I disabled its start up and looked over control panel>uninstall programs and saw this app with out an icon, and I know I didn't install it. This is relatively a fresh win10 install. From what I read, this sounds like something a Admin would use. I have no admin other than me, so I don't think this should be on my device. After uninstall and restart now I have 2 new start up apps both called "update"?! I think this is being software is being used maliciously.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base