Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. PowerPoint Presentation Mode

Teams should not provide notice messages while in Presenter mode in PowerPoint (Office Pro Plus). This doesn't occur with Skype. Thanks.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. URL Support in Teams via SharePoint

Any URLs posted on a SharePoint site show up as documents within Microsoft Teams. Users must go to the SharePoint and then go to the URL. They should be able to click on the URL to launch the website directly from Teams.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Microsoft Forms bot not availalble/responding

I want to use the Microsoft Forms bot in my team to do quick polls. According to Teams the bot is available, but the @forms command does not activate the bot.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. A folder's Last Modified date does not reflect most recent update made within the folder

The "modified" date shown for a folder does not change when contents of a folder are modified. For example, I created a folder called "Project Meetings" on 21-Nov-2017. Each week, new files (or folders) are added to this folder however, the modified date of the folder has remained "21-Nov-2017", even though its contents were modified as recently as 20-Dec-2017.

This is not consistent with how Windows presents folders and their modified date. If a file within a folder was updated on 20-Dec-2017, the modified date of the folder becomes 20-Dec-2017. Teams should work the same way and be consistent with…

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. OneNote in MS Teams - Copy link to page not working

steps to reproduce:
    - browse to a team in MS Teams using the team's OneNote notebook
    - go to the tab "OneNote"
    - right-click a page other than the first page of the notebook
    - select "Copy link to this page"
    - send that link to someone else or open it yourself

Result:
    You will always end up on the first page of the notebook. Doing the same via the OneNote client application, it works fine.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. REMOVE t-BOT from Teams ... just spam

REMOVE t-BOT from Teams ... just spam

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. sending messages is causes timeline above it to jump back days or weeks

When I am chatting with team members, each time a send a message the chat history above jumps back days or weeks...and I have to scroll back down to the bottom. Very annoying.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Suphatra responded

Thanks Chris for sharing this! I’ve sent it straight to the Messaging team, who is investigating.

8. Incoming Call Notification / Dialog not always appearing

I find after having Teams run for some time (e.g. more than a day) that the Incoming Call notification dialog seems to stop showing on the Windows Desktop version.

I can hear the incoming call sound, there's just no way to accept the call -- I have to use my mobile (which is also ringing and has a notification).

If I quit and re-open Teams, then it shows future incoming calls, so it's purely an issue that the "Incoming Call" dialog doesn't show.

Attached is the dialog I normally see, when it's working, and goes missing.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Video in teams is pixelated ... starting 'camera' on PC temporarily resolves

I'm a Microsoft employee (bwhichel)
    Problem: When I start video in a teams call, it's very pixelated. To temporarily resolve it, I start the camera app on my PC. See attached video. I've uninstalled Teams... installed the 64bit version... tried the Public ring.... still happens

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Uploading files from mobile phone (android)

Uploading files from mobile phone (Android, not sure about others) is not working.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Notifications not appearing on Mac

With the recent update, notifications do not appear on the Mac version of Teams. I have the mobile app set to always alert as well, and I get a quick notification on mobile that clears immediately (when the Mac client is minimized). I suspect the client is marking messages as read prematurely.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Couldn't find most of the company contacts in TEAMS. Is there any options to sync, Outlook or Skype contacts with TEAMS?

Couldn't find most of the company contacts in TEAMS. Is there any options to sync, Outlook or Skype contacts with TEAMS?

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. There is no possibility to call contact`s mobile

I`m trying to call to user`s mobile:
    Calls - Contacts - A-Z
    When i`m clicking to mobile number (e.164 format) call goes to user`s teams client instead of user`s mobile.
    Only one way call to mobile - call from dial pad.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. The file transferred from iOS apps to Teams is broken and cannot open

We are facing the error that files transferred from iOS app which is managed by Intune MAM to Teams is broken and cannot open it. We would like you to fix this issue smoothly.

Effected device :
     ・iOS device (10.2 / 11.3 etc.)

Intune Settings :
      ・Intune MAM Without MDM management
      ・Same MAM setting are assigned to OneDrive / Outlook / Teams / Excel (File Transfer between apps settings / Copy and paste between apps settings is all “Policy Managed apps”)
    Azure AD Portal (https://portal.azure.com/) > Intune > Mobile apps > App protection policies > iOS…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Reduce the memory footprint. Work on app crashes.

Teams, especially in desktop but also on android, takes a huge amount of memory and uses a ton of processor time. What is it doing with all those resources? It's a chat app.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Make account switching work for personal and org accounts that have the same email address

I have two Microsoft accounts: one that is a personal account, and one that is an organizational account. Both of these accounts have the same email address.

I'm an independent contractor mobile app developer. I have been invited to a Teams instance by my client. I am using the macOS Teams client.

When I use my personal Microsoft account to login to Teams, I am shown the invitation page ("You've been invited to [My Client]"). I click the "Continue" button. A 2nd blank window title "Microsoft Teams" briefly appears; I assume this is the authentication window, and that it only…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. upload file

Allow for file uploads with the same name.

If I send a file in a one-on-one message with one person, and then send the same file to a different person, I should not have to rename the file or see this error message:

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Backticks don't work with pasted text

If I copy something like a class name or error message, and then I go teams and type backtick, Ctrl-V, backtick, the pasted text does not get formatted like code. However, if I backspace after pasting and retype the last character and then add the backtick, code formatting works as expected.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Deleted channels and conversations

HI, I'm writing because some of our channels and conversations, but nobody in the team deleted them. SOS

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Make Take a Test links work

If I paste a Take a Test link in a conversations post, the link doesn’t work. I made a quiz for my students and want an easy way to distribute the link to them.

If the link is put in a Word doc or in OneNote, the link can’t be opened inside Teams either.

So you need to make Teams accept the lockdown links used in Take a Test.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.