Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. PowerPoint Presentation Mode

Teams should not provide notice messages while in Presenter mode in PowerPoint (Office Pro Plus). This doesn't occur with Skype. Thanks.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Chat with Guests

I have added a guest to our AD. Guest access is enabled in teams. I can see the guest in chat and have sent them a chat message. I manually installed Teams for the Guest on their mac. They are not receiving my messages. Guest access needs to work in chats as well, not just in Teams.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Bug creating multiple plans in a Teams Channel

We have multiple channels within a team (e.g. Sales) and have added Planner links to each one. The first General channel was linked to the plan created automatically when the Team was created and this shows ok in Planner itself (as the Sales plan). However when we've added Planner links to other channels and selected Create New Plan the plan has been created and linked in Teams but when opening in Planner only the original Sales plan is showing. So we can create multiple plans from teams but cannot view them in Planner. The workaround is to go to Teams,…

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Mute Myself While Sharing Screen

Attempted to mute myself while sharing my screen and experienced large delays from clicking the mute button and when I was actually muted

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Copy link to task button not working

Copy link to task button not working within Windows/Teams client/Tasks tab/Opened taks

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Files tab no longer opens General folder

The link to the General folder in the associated SharePoint document register is broken. This prevents attachment to be added to Conversations. Please make it possible to edit the Files link so that correct function can be reestablished. This would also allow people to use the Files tab to point to their prefered location rather than a predefined location based on Channel Name. This is a serious issue inhibiting adoption of Teams in my Company.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. print does not work

The Print functionality does not work when attempting to print from inside Teams when viewing a OneNote notebook

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Wiki "section locked"

I regularly encounter 'Section Locked' editing the Wiki "Someone else is editing this section."

I am the only user - It happens after (more or less whenever) I lose my Internet and/or am forced to restart teams.

How do I unlock it - and if the 'someone else' is plainly me.. why lock it at all?

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Voice recording for desktop

Hi, I use the voice recording feature on my mobile quite a lot, but I am also spending a lot of time behind my desktop and every time I want to record Voice message, have to use mobile...

Also, it would be great, if you could just press the recording and don’t need to hold it. Similarly as in Viber app...

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. teams as chat app setting

Settings: Register teams as chat app is restored to be selected after a start of the application teams on my desktop, and, on not reproduceable occasions (at least my impression).
    We do have jabber as phone app.
    This permanent re-setting needs to be manually de-selected, office applications like outlook restarted and then I can use jabber to make a call.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Emojis are stupid. Please remove emojis.

Emojis are dumb and they assume I mean to insert a yellow face when I mean for the reader to see :-)

PLEASE REMOVE THE EMOJI 'FEATURE' or allow users to disable it.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Image copying doesn't work in the desktop app

Copying of images from the Teams desktop app (Windows) to other programs doesn't work. When I click RMB on the image (for example one sent to me by my colleague on chat) and selects "Copy image", the image seems to be copied to clipboard, but when I try to paste it somewhere else e.g. in Word or another program, I only get something that looks like an empty image. Tested on several user accounts and computers.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Couldn't find most of the company contacts in TEAMS. Is there any options to sync, Outlook or Skype contacts with TEAMS?

Couldn't find most of the company contacts in TEAMS. Is there any options to sync, Outlook or Skype contacts with TEAMS?

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Remove deleted comments from activity feed

A teammate accidentally typed her password into a Teams group chat and I told her about it and watched her delete her comment but a few hours later I noticed the comment was still showing at in my activity page's feed.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Music is played in background while doing a call (iOS)

If you are listening to music on iOS device and receive a call by Teams, music doesn't pause and plays in background while the conversation. Very disturbing!

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. OneNote in MS Teams - Copy link to page not working

steps to reproduce:
    - browse to a team in MS Teams using the team's OneNote notebook
    - go to the tab "OneNote"
    - right-click a page other than the first page of the notebook
    - select "Copy link to this page"
    - send that link to someone else or open it yourself

Result:
    You will always end up on the first page of the notebook. Doing the same via the OneNote client application, it works fine.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Raised Hands Not Noticeable to Presenter

The Presenter cannot view who has raised hands in an ongoing meeting when his/her screen is shared thus he/she continues talking even if other participants have raised their hand and are waiting for their turn to speak.

This is not helpful as inspite of this feature if this participant has to barge into a ongoing conversation to get the needed attention.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Sound

Many times sound doesn’t work and our entire team can not communicate properly as a “team”. We miss entire threads. Please work on sound. Interestingly this thread has so many sound issues, yet nothing seems to be getting accomplished. Please fix! Thank you!

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add External contact

Can't add external contact. When i click to add contact i can add the external account. It then states a message
    We didn't fine any matches. Talk to your internal IT admin about expanding the scope of your search.

we can sesarch externally but contact not added

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Make account switching work for personal and org accounts that have the same email address

I have two Microsoft accounts: one that is a personal account, and one that is an organizational account. Both of these accounts have the same email address.

I'm an independent contractor mobile app developer. I have been invited to a Teams instance by my client. I am using the macOS Teams client.

When I use my personal Microsoft account to login to Teams, I am shown the invitation page ("You've been invited to [My Client]"). I click the "Continue" button. A 2nd blank window title "Microsoft Teams" briefly appears; I assume this is the authentication window, and that it only…

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base