Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. copy small words not working

When the chat words are very small, not able to copy full text. The other icons like Like, Save, more options are hiding the text and preventing to copy

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Can’t add guests to Teams unless they’re already in the AAD tenant

I'm having an issue that doesn't seem to match up with the expected admin experience. Essentially, I can't add a guest that is not in the AAD tenant through Teams desktop/web apps. I get the "We didn't find any matches" error.

If the guest is in the AAD (by being in an Office 365 group, at least), then I can add the guest to the Team via the apps.

For AAD, I can add guests and for Office 365 Groups, I have "Let group members outside the organization access group content" enabled. I logged this issue on the tech community…

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. The status feature behavior is very unstable

My team mates and I try to change our status regularly manually. It does not work 90% of the time.

When we select a status and try to make the change, the status stays the same.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Cannot resize MS Teams window height

I am unable to resize the MS Teams window by height, although I can resize the application by width. The normal double-facing arrow does not display when hovering over the upper edge as it used to. This is a problem since the bottom of the MS Teams window displays behind my computer's toolbar (Windows 10) so I cannot easily access Feedback, add attachments to messages, etc without maximizing to full screen (screenshots attached). I can maximize MS Teams to full screen as a workaround, but this makes multitasking on a single screen especially tedious.

Microsoft Teams Version 1.1.00.2251 (64-bit). It…

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Can't favorite a contact until a chat is started

Looks like you can't add a Chat contact as a favorite until you start a conversation with them. If no conversation has happened yet, you can click the star to favorite but it does nothing.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. arcgis maps from PowerBI

When publishing a PowerBI with ArcGIS component, it does not display in MS Teams

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. horizontal scrolling

Horizontal Scrolling with the mouse wheel does not work in the teams client application.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Cannot update profile picture

My coworkers and I are unable to change our individual profile pictures. This is the process I am following.
    Bottom left Initials icon -> Update Profile Picture -> Upload picture -> Save
    This results in the picture vanishing briefly, and then reappearing with only the first initial of my name as the icon. This is the case for most people within our company. We are able to get it to save on the Android app, but the picture is only viewable to yourself and not anyone else. We have tried the web app, desktop app, and mobile app without much…

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Contact Group Issue in TEAM Chat

I have created several contact lists for various groups. I cannot figure out how to start a chat / send a message to individual GROUPS / Contacts. Please fix this as I would think the point of creating a Contact list is to enable users to quickly and easily send messages to a select group of people.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Image copying doesn't work in the desktop app

Copying of images from the Teams desktop app (Windows) to other programs doesn't work. When I click RMB on the image (for example one sent to me by my colleague on chat) and selects "Copy image", the image seems to be copied to clipboard, but when I try to paste it somewhere else e.g. in Word or another program, I only get something that looks like an empty image. Tested on several user accounts and computers.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Call progress tones do not honor call device selection

When initiating a new call via Teams, The call progress tones (ringtone) plays through the default sound device instead of the users selected calling device.

This can cause confusion if the default sound device is muted whilst the user is wearing a headset as they have no feedback a call is in progress.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Fix Forms in MS Teams tab on mobile

Have a bad experience using MS Teams with an added form on mobile (IOS, Android).

Have a MS Teams Channel with an added form in a tab. Form is created via the MS Teams, hence it is not personal.

Working on a mobile i cannot fill-out the form - but am taken out of the MS Team to the forms.office.com - website...

It works when i use the "website" tab - but that is a workaround. Please improve the Forms-app!

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Transparent team picture gets dark background

I'd consider this a bug: if you upload a team picture with a transparent background (a PNG) then the picture's background will be dark, despite the UI around it being light. See attached screenshot. I'd expect a transparent PNG to remain transparent.

Uploading the same image with white background provides the expected result.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. give/allow control toolbar does not show up

When sharing the screen I cannot Give Control to others. The "toolbar" that others see when they want to give control or allow it is not displayed on my screen.
    I can just take control if the presenter is the other machine.
    I believe this used to work prior some windows updates.
    System: Windows 10, version 1803 (Build 17134.165)

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Images keep disappearing in "Conversations". A fix to correct this issue and restore the data would be much appreciated

Images keep disappearing in "Conversations". A fix to correct this issue and restore the data would be much appreciated

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. When using a Team Code to join a team, I see; "Couldn't join this team with that code. Double-check the code or try another one."

When using a Team Code to join a team as a Guest, I see; "Couldn't join this team with that code. Double-check the code or try another one." - is that an issue, or the result of a teams/tenancy restriction somewhere? The Team is Public and I'm certain the Team Code I'm using is correct.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Move: Cannot Move File to Another Channel - "Locked for Editing"

Trying to move a file from one channel to another, an error pop up appears above the system tray. Unfortunately, the error is truncated with an elipsis and disappears upon clicking.

I tried accessing the Sharepoint side of Teams to try moving the file that way. I did get an error of which I could observe the full message:

"We couldn't move the file because it's locked for editing or has been modified or deleted."

The file has not been deleted for sure, and I can access and edit as desired. Please make this work so we can move files…

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. PowerPoint Presentation Mode

Teams should not provide notice messages while in Presenter mode in PowerPoint (Office Pro Plus). This doesn't occur with Skype. Thanks.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. URL Support in Teams via SharePoint

Any URLs posted on a SharePoint site show up as documents within Microsoft Teams. Users must go to the SharePoint and then go to the URL. They should be able to click on the URL to launch the website directly from Teams.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. A folder's Last Modified date does not reflect most recent update made within the folder

The "modified" date shown for a folder does not change when contents of a folder are modified. For example, I created a folder called "Project Meetings" on 21-Nov-2017. Each week, new files (or folders) are added to this folder however, the modified date of the folder has remained "21-Nov-2017", even though its contents were modified as recently as 20-Dec-2017.

This is not consistent with how Windows presents folders and their modified date. If a file within a folder was updated on 20-Dec-2017, the modified date of the folder becomes 20-Dec-2017. Teams should work the same way and be consistent with…

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.