Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Push notification not stabile

Push notification not stabile on iphones. All notification abilities switched on , however It may happen that you often miss the important message. We need a messanger like app to be 100% sure that new message will arrive and beep on phone. There is some bug in this this function as it not always work well.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Update channel - messages are not shown / missing

I am missing messages in "activity" and in the channel. (Desktop-Version 32-Bit) ... same happened on a Mac-Version.

No - those messages where not deleted by the user after they got posted.

This is a Killer-Bug which needs attention ASAP since a communication tool that cannot be trusted in delivering the communication just will be replaced asap.

When looking at Teams at colleagues, I noticed that they had entries that I don't have in my Teams (Windows 10). Even more strange: When I look at my iOS app, I see those messages.

Causing problem might be network issues and my…

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. cant paste ftp link in chat

cant paste ftp link in chat

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Message toast appearing when set to Do Not Disturb and with Quiet Hours enabled.

My boss doesn't want confidential IM's being displayed while screen sharing in meetings.

I suggested turning on "Quiet Hours" - but he was still getting message toasts from Teams.

Even after setting "Do Not Disturb" he was still getting toast containing potentially confidential info while screen sharing in another app (in this case WebEx).

Please make Teams abide by Quiet Hours.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Launching for first time on Windows 10 renders only a white screen

I have just installed Teams on my Windows 10 workstation, for the first time, and it doesn't work.

The UI renders only a white screen. I have tried rebooting, uninstalling/reinstalling, and I used the notification icon to get logs. There is an error in the log:

-- info -- Restoring Window state with X:0 Y:0 Width:1280 Height:750
    -- info -- Loading window manager initialized with wasWindowMaximized = false, wasSilentUpdate = false, wasCrashInBackground = false
    -- info -- Not Centennial, no app ID
    -- info -- notification manager: OS notification duration set to 5
    -- error -- Blocked to load files…

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Edit my own message

As of 8/24/2017 users are unable to edit their own messages. Permissions at the team level are correct, but no edit still.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. wiki link

Fix the Link Markup for wiki. If i want to shorten a long url by using the [text](url) pattern and copy-paste the url, it is automatically transfromed to an link and destroys the markup-pattern. It's only possible to type the url on your own, which is very annoying e.g. for sharpoint file urls.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. copy small words not working

When the chat words are very small, not able to copy full text. The other icons like Like, Save, more options are hiding the text and preventing to copy

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Image copying doesn't work in the desktop app

Copying of images from the Teams desktop app (Windows) to other programs doesn't work. When I click RMB on the image (for example one sent to me by my colleague on chat) and selects "Copy image", the image seems to be copied to clipboard, but when I try to paste it somewhere else e.g. in Word or another program, I only get something that looks like an empty image. Tested on several user accounts and computers.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Incoming Call Notification / Dialog not always appearing

I find after having Teams run for some time (e.g. more than a day) that the Incoming Call notification dialog seems to stop showing on the Windows Desktop version.

I can hear the incoming call sound, there's just no way to accept the call -- I have to use my mobile (which is also ringing and has a notification).

If I quit and re-open Teams, then it shows future incoming calls, so it's purely an issue that the "Incoming Call" dialog doesn't show.

Attached is the dialog I normally see, when it's working, and goes missing.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Transparent team picture gets dark background

I'd consider this a bug: if you upload a team picture with a transparent background (a PNG) then the picture's background will be dark, despite the UI around it being light. See attached screenshot. I'd expect a transparent PNG to remain transparent.

Uploading the same image with white background provides the expected result.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Uploading files from mobile phone (android)

Uploading files from mobile phone (Android, not sure about others) is not working.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Make account switching work for personal and org accounts that have the same email address

I have two Microsoft accounts: one that is a personal account, and one that is an organizational account. Both of these accounts have the same email address.

I'm an independent contractor mobile app developer. I have been invited to a Teams instance by my client. I am using the macOS Teams client.

When I use my personal Microsoft account to login to Teams, I am shown the invitation page ("You've been invited to [My Client]"). I click the "Continue" button. A 2nd blank window title "Microsoft Teams" briefly appears; I assume this is the authentication window, and that it only…

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Cannot resize MS Teams window height

I am unable to resize the MS Teams window by height, although I can resize the application by width. The normal double-facing arrow does not display when hovering over the upper edge as it used to. This is a problem since the bottom of the MS Teams window displays behind my computer's toolbar (Windows 10) so I cannot easily access Feedback, add attachments to messages, etc without maximizing to full screen (screenshots attached). I can maximize MS Teams to full screen as a workaround, but this makes multitasking on a single screen especially tedious.

Microsoft Teams Version 1.1.00.2251 (64-bit). It…

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Keep active text box from losing focus

When I'm typing a reply to an ongoing thread, and another thread receives a reply, Teams usually scrolls down to the bottom and the reply I was typing loses focus so I have to scroll up to find it and click on the box to start typing again. Sometimes it moves the cursor down to the new conversation text box too. Tested both in the local client and running in Chrome.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Chat with Guests

I have added a guest to our AD. Guest access is enabled in teams. I can see the guest in chat and have sent them a chat message. I manually installed Teams for the Guest on their mac. They are not receiving my messages. Guest access needs to work in chats as well, not just in Teams.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Can't favorite a contact until a chat is started

Looks like you can't add a Chat contact as a favorite until you start a conversation with them. If no conversation has happened yet, you can click the star to favorite but it does nothing.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. arcgis maps from PowerBI

When publishing a PowerBI with ArcGIS component, it does not display in MS Teams

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. horizontal scrolling

Horizontal Scrolling with the mouse wheel does not work in the teams client application.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Cannot update profile picture

My coworkers and I are unable to change our individual profile pictures. This is the process I am following.
    Bottom left Initials icon -> Update Profile Picture -> Upload picture -> Save
    This results in the picture vanishing briefly, and then reappearing with only the first initial of my name as the icon. This is the case for most people within our company. We are able to get it to save on the Android app, but the picture is only viewable to yourself and not anyone else. We have tried the web app, desktop app, and mobile app without much…

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.