Public

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Pictures don't always upload

Copy/Pasted pictures don't always upload properly. Sometimes, they show in the chat window with a broken thumbnail image, but then they show properly on the second try.

48 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

10 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Secondary ringer keeps resetting

Currently, Teams keeps changing Secondary ringer to "none" for me. I usually have it set to my PC's speakers or a Jabra Link 370 paired to a Jabra Speak 510, but it is not saving this setting.

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Teams not generating thumbnails for youtube videos anymore

It used to be the case that whenever you posted a link to a youtube video, it would generate a thumbnail, but this is not working anymore.

It'd be great to have this back on and also make what's in here https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/38782594-display-youtube-video-title-and-description-when-s

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Voice recording for desktop

Hi, I use the voice recording feature on my mobile quite a lot, but I am also spending a lot of time behind my desktop and every time I want to record Voice message, have to use mobile...

Also, it would be great, if you could just press the recording and don’t need to hold it. Similarly as in Viber app...

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. No sound notification! That's hardly usable!

We need sound notification on incoming chats! Present situation ist creating a mess.

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. mute feedback API

conference mic mute feedback event does not work. Conference speaker mute feedback event works correctly. I can set the Conf Mic Mute but I do not get the event of the conf mix mute status changing like I do with the Conf Speaker mute. Please fix. Thanks

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Clicking on a OneNote file result after performing a search returns "Sorry, we couldn't find your file."

I can navigate to the notebook via the OneNote tab, I just can't open it from the search results.

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. MS Teams saying users have removed other users when they haven't

We are having an issue in our Teams environment at present where some teams will randomly remove users and say stuff like.....

" User1 has removed User2 from the Team. "

The issue is that the User's who have apparantly removed those other users from the team have stated they did no such thing. This isn't limited to just 1 team or 1 user either its happened a few different times.

Has anyone else seen a similar thing or anyone know of any fix?!

Thanks!

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Required metadata not shown in Files tab

The file tab doesn't display the required columns from SharePoint. They are defined and shown in SharePoint!
    A person that uploads files is not notified of required metadata!!!!

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. URL Support in Teams via SharePoint

Any URLs posted on a SharePoint site show up as documents within Microsoft Teams. Users must go to the SharePoint and then go to the URL. They should be able to click on the URL to launch the website directly from Teams.

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Disappearing messages and replies

With the Windows 10 Teams app, this has happened a few times now: I post a message in a channel and a co-worker responds to it. I get the notification that they replies to my message and I can see it in the Activity tab. However, when I navigate to the channel, their response is not visible.

Additionally, I've quit out of Teams and restarted. When I navigated back the channel in question, my original message is no longer visible.

Not sure what exact steps are necessary to reproduce the issue because it doesn't always happen.

My colleague can see…

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Meeting links remain active after ending

This is critical in K-12. The links to meetings are staying open, even after the end of a meeting (scheduled or not). I can safely assume this is a big deal in any use, but it is especially critical in K-12 education, where we simply cannot have students/parents/etc. "borrowing" our meetings to have their own video chat room!

I desperately need a way to completely and finally end a meeting (and its link) when a meeting is complete.

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. teams admin center

Guys,

I can't use the new Teams and Skype Admin Center from either IE or Edge. Had to use Chrome. I keep getting a Security Zone error. I've added the domains in IE (don't know where to do it in Edge) but still got the same error. Ditching both Microsoft browsers and using Chrome instead.

Security zone setting error
    Please make sure these two domains are added to the trusted sites in IE or Microsoft Edge: https://admin.teams.microsoft.com and https://login.microsoftonline.com. If you are using other browsers, please close all browser windows and try again.

Error Code: SECURITYZONEERROR
    Correlation…

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Change status automatically to busy when in a meeting

As the previous one got marked as completed (with comments disabled) I'll open a new one as a bug.

https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/18629839-change-status-automatically-to-busy-when-in-a-meet?tracking_code=733718c26a9639ef6201d72700ec7dfb

I tried this multiple times but could not get it to work. It works fine in Skype4b but not Teams I tried restarting both or one of them but nothing helped. Currently on teams version 1.0.00.2845.

If it helps I also have the general status problems reported elsewhere (as do my colleagues). Mainly this means that status is set to away even when I'm actively working at the computer (but not using Teams at the moment). Often it also means…

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Please let the shared mailbox to download the attendee list

Organizer of the meeting becomes the shared mailbox, and button to download attendee list is not visible to actual organizer

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Removed users can see notifications and partial text on threads which they commented

1. Add a user to a private team
    2. Have the user comment on a thread
    3. Remove the user's access to the team
    4. The removed user will still receive notifications every time a different user replies to that thread.
    5. The user will see the preview text in the notification
    6. When the user clicks the notification, they do not have access (as expected)
    41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Fix Hyperlink Issue

Hyperlinks do not work when clicked on inside any office product within Teams, such as a spreadsheet listing a bunch of websites. Please fix

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Stop incoming call notification on mobile app when active on desktop

I have selected the notification setting on my mobile app to notify "Only when inactive on desktop/web"

However when I am active on desktop/web, incoming calls continue to notify. The UI presents "incoming calls" as a notify option just like the other options for chat, mentions, replies, etc..., but it does not follow the same behavior when the inactive on desktop/web option is selected.

This inconsistency is confusing and can be frustrating as a result. Please make incoming call notification behavior consistent with the other notifications and turn them off when the inactive flag is set.

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Fix Teams crash on Mac OS Catalina when USB headset is plugged in

On Mac OS Catalina (beta), Teams is crashing if a USB headset is plugged in. Teams goes to white screen, crashes, tries to restart, white screen, crash, then gives “glitch” error.

Community thread here with multiple people reporting same issue.

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. teams as chat app setting

Settings: Register teams as chat app is restored to be selected after a start of the application teams on my desktop, and, on not reproduceable occasions (at least my impression).
    We do have jabber as phone app.
    This permanent re-setting needs to be manually de-selected, office applications like outlook restarted and then I can use jabber to make a call.

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base