Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

It’s managed by me (Suphatra) and I’m a real person, not a robot. I work on the Teams team and sit in engineering, and its my job to represent your voice in the design and development of this product.

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplications are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which I check religiously!

Thanks everyone for supporting Teams. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

Sincerely,
Suphatra

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I'm missing some chat history

I have a chat with 2 colleagues. I saw some messages from one colleague in our chat on my Android phone on my way to work. When I got to work and started Teams for Windows 10 I started chatting with my colleague again, but I was missing a big chunk of the conversation history. Any idea what might be going on? It’s a real bummer not knowing if I’m missing messages. Especially weird that I saw it in one client (Android) but not the other (Windows 10).

19 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

under review  ·  8 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Enable history to have a longer history vs. needing to load when scrolling up

When trying to review messages, only the last 4-5 messages load, and to get further history, you have to wait for each message to load while searching through historical conversations. It would be great if these were automatically available for the last ~50 message so users don't have to wait to review recent conversations.

18 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • On mac I keep getting logged out. Please help?

On mac I keep getting logged out. Please help?

18 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Change status automatically to busy when in a meeting

As the previous one got marked as completed (with comments disabled) I'll open a new one as a bug.

https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/18629839-change-status-automatically-to-busy-when-in-a-meet?tracking_code=733718c26a9639ef6201d72700ec7dfb

I tried this multiple times but could not get it to work. It works fine in Skype4b but not Teams I tried restarting both or one of them but nothing helped. Currently on teams version 1.0.00.2845.

If it helps I also have the general status problems reported elsewhere (as do my colleagues). Mainly this means that status is set to away even when I'm actively working at the computer (but not using Teams at the moment). Often it also means…

18 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • UI not updating on new message / chat

Pretty much our whole company has the same issue (including mac, windows 10, windows server 2016)

On new message, we see a notification, and we see a message-marker on the chat-botton, buth after opening the chat, nothing is marked or highlighted.
            One has to actively click any of the chats to make the ui refresh, so the highlightings are shown correctly.
            This is not even working correctly when the current chat receives a message.

18 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

• Can't delete automatically generated conversation entry for a meeting recording

After recording a channel meeting, an entry with a link to the Stream video gets posted in the conversations. I can't/couldn't find a way to delete that conversation entry.

I can delete the video in Stream, but can't get rid of the conversation entry in the Teams channel.

Team is set to "owners can delete all messages" and I'm a team owner.

17 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

• Add person to private chat with chat history options not working consistently - working for some chats and not others

Add person to private chat with chat history options not working consistently - drop down menu working for some chats and not others.

17 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Camera sideways...cant be rotated

Camera shows video sideways... Why does it not rotate according to the orientation of the tablet?

16 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Close the Notification Loop

Notifications could be tightened up a bit.

1) Sometimes when I read messages that cause notifications, the red notification lingers on the channel until I click the channel on the lefthand side.

2) Sometimes after I read a notified message, the Teams icon continues to blink on my taskbar after I've read it.

3) When I acknowledge a notification on the desktop application, the notification remains on my phone and vice-versa.

16 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• Language is resetting after every launch

Language is resetting after every launch

16 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• file attachments not sorting by name

I am trying to post a file to a conversation and the files are not sorting alphabetically even when trying to sort by name. See attached problem flow.

16 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• link error handling

If someone in your organization sends you a link to a resource in a channel where you are not a member, you do not receive an error. Instead you are redirected to the General Channel of some other Team where you have membership.

Example
                          Bob is a member of teams foo, bar, and baz
                          Sally is a member of teams foo and baz
                          Bob sends Sally a Teams link to the Marketing tab in the WizBang channel of the bar team
                          Sally click the link and is taken to the General channel of the foo Team
                          Sally has no idea…

16 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

• wiki link

Fix the Link Markup for wiki. If i want to shorten a long url by using the [text](url) pattern and copy-paste the url, it is automatically transfromed to an link and destroys the markup-pattern. It's only possible to type the url on your own, which is very annoying e.g. for sharpoint file urls.

16 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

• All external federated contacts lost during upgrade

All external federated contacts lost during upgrade

15 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • out of office in group chat

When in a group chat with a person out of office, you get that bar at the bottom saying so and so is out of office and may not reply. Which is cool, and you can dismiss it, great. It keeps coming back, over and over. I dismiss it, and minutes later it's there again. Make it stop!

15 votes
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• Update channel - messages are not shown / missing

I am missing messages in "activity" and in the channel. (Desktop-Version 32-Bit) ... same happened on a Mac-Version.

No - those messages where not deleted by the user after they got posted.

This is a Killer-Bug which needs attention ASAP since a communication tool that cannot be trusted in delivering the communication just will be replaced asap.

When looking at Teams at colleagues, I noticed that they had entries that I don't have in my Teams (Windows 10). Even more strange: When I look at my iOS app, I see those messages.

Causing problem might be network issues and my…

15 votes
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • teams admin center

Guys,

I can't use the new Teams and Skype Admin Center from either IE or Edge. Had to use Chrome. I keep getting a Security Zone error. I've added the domains in IE (don't know where to do it in Edge) but still got the same error. Ditching both Microsoft browsers and using Chrome instead.

Security zone setting error
                                    Please make sure these two domains are added to the trusted sites in IE or Microsoft Edge: https://admin.teams.microsoft.com and https://login.microsoftonline.com. If you are using other browsers, please close all browser windows and try again.

Error Code: SECURITY_ZONE_ERROR
                                    Correlation ID: 48fe48cc-1c3a-4bf8-a731-1947150b4a3f …

15 votes
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • Update files are stored on the MAC taking up a lot of disk space

It seems every time Mac app updates itself, it stores the update file to Library/Application Support/Microsoft/Teams/tmp folder.
                                      The update files are named as Teams_osx (1).zip, Teams_osx (2).zip etc. Each file seems to be around 80 MB. Since the Mac app updates itself constantly (microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-..), they start consuming significant amount of disk space. When I first noticed this, there was ~70GB of update files! Garbage collection would be welcome.

15 votes
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • Move the start conversation button! Since it loads too late, I always press it instead of edit in a file :(

Move the start conversation button! Since it loads too late, I always press it instead of edit in a file :(

15 votes
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Provide ability to remove users added to recurring meetings' chats

We have the following scenario that cannot be remedied without deleting a recurring meeting:
                                          1. User A and B have a recurring weekly meeting in Teams.
                                          2. User C is invited to join the call on this meeting during one instance.
                                          3. Even though User C has not been invited to the recurring meeting, User C now has access to the Teams chat of the subsequent recurring meeting instances.

This seems like a huge bug that you cannot remove a user from seeing the chat of a meeting to which they are normally not a member. I just spoke with…

15 votes
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base