Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. All external federated contacts lost during upgrade

All external federated contacts lost during upgrade

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

13 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Required metadata not shown in Files tab

The file tab doesn't display the required columns from SharePoint. They are defined and shown in SharePoint!
    A person that uploads files is not notified of required metadata!!!!

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. teams admin center

Guys,

I can't use the new Teams and Skype Admin Center from either IE or Edge. Had to use Chrome. I keep getting a Security Zone error. I've added the domains in IE (don't know where to do it in Edge) but still got the same error. Ditching both Microsoft browsers and using Chrome instead.

Security zone setting error
    Please make sure these two domains are added to the trusted sites in IE or Microsoft Edge: https://admin.teams.microsoft.com and https://login.microsoftonline.com. If you are using other browsers, please close all browser windows and try again.

Error Code: SECURITYZONEERROR
    Correlation…

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. download

Why are downloads going to a hardcoded c:\username\downloads location as opposed to the default download folder that has been associated within the OS via Explorer? If you use a remote user drive having downloads go to the local C drive is not a good idea. Can this be changed to follow how things are mapped in Explorer? This seems like a bug to me.

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Removed users can see notifications and partial text on threads which they commented

1. Add a user to a private team

2. Have the user comment on a thread

3. Remove the user's access to the team

4. The removed user will still receive notifications every time a different user replies to that thread.

5. The user will see the preview text in the notification

6. When the user clicks the notification, they do not have access (as expected)

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. A folder's Last Modified date does not reflect most recent update made within the folder

The "modified" date shown for a folder does not change when contents of a folder are modified. For example, I created a folder called "Project Meetings" on 21-Nov-2017. Each week, new files (or folders) are added to this folder however, the modified date of the folder has remained "21-Nov-2017", even though its contents were modified as recently as 20-Dec-2017.

This is not consistent with how Windows presents folders and their modified date. If a file within a folder was updated on 20-Dec-2017, the modified date of the folder becomes 20-Dec-2017. Teams should work the same way and be consistent with…

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Cannot update profile picture

My coworkers and I are unable to change our individual profile pictures. This is the process I am following.
    Bottom left Initials icon -> Update Profile Picture -> Upload picture -> Save
    This results in the picture vanishing briefly, and then reappearing with only the first initial of my name as the icon. This is the case for most people within our company. We are able to get it to save on the Android app, but the picture is only viewable to yourself and not anyone else. We have tried the web app, desktop app, and mobile app without much…

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Disable opening when right click on system task tray icon

When I right click the system task tray icon, the entire Teams window is opened. Considering that "Open" is an option in the context menu, it doesn't make sense that it's automatically opening. My use-case is that I want to quickly change my status without opening the window but, when I right click to do that, it opens the window anyways. This works as I would expect using Skype for Business and so I think Teams should work the same way.

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Camera not working

Camera shows black screen on Microsoft Teams Version 1.1.00.29053 (desktop app), on MAC os Mojave 10.14.1

I tried to reinstall the app but it did not help. It's been happening for more than 3 weeks already.

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

45 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Fix the secondary ringer to actually work as set. I want ring on speakers, not headphones.

Please fix the secondary ringer to actually work as set. I want ring on speakers, not headphones. Alex says this feature is completed and released to public, but it doesn't work in Teams Version 1.3.00.3564 (32 bit) updated 03/23/20 running on Windows 7 Pro ESU.

I need to be able to have headphone output as system default audio device, and internal laptop PC speakers as primary comms device AND secondary ringer. Both Speaker and Secondary Ringer are set to "Speaker - Speakers / Headphones (Realtek Audio)". However, the secondary ringer settings are not being respected, and it ONLY rings on…

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. TEAMS is THE WORST!

You forced the replacement of Skype for Business without having the same (even minimal) functionality available in Teams.

1.) There is no pop-out chat window for participating in multiple conversations at once.

2.) No easy way to see missed chats (flashing icon isn’t in real time or noticeable); No Outlook notifications of missed chat summary.

3.) No Chat summary auto-cataloged in Outlook Conversations

4.) Lack of searching of previous Conversations

5.) Lack of deletion of some Conversation parts

6.) Automatic minimalization of Team Meeting screen share when trying to access files or other content in Teams.

7.) Lack of tight…

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

42 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Change status automatically to busy when in a meeting

As the previous one got marked as completed (with comments disabled) I'll open a new one as a bug.

https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/18629839-change-status-automatically-to-busy-when-in-a-meet?tracking_code=733718c26a9639ef6201d72700ec7dfb

I tried this multiple times but could not get it to work. It works fine in Skype4b but not Teams I tried restarting both or one of them but nothing helped. Currently on teams version 1.0.00.2845.

If it helps I also have the general status problems reported elsewhere (as do my colleagues). Mainly this means that status is set to away even when I'm actively working at the computer (but not using Teams at the moment). Often it also means…

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Fix Teams crash on Mac OS Catalina when USB headset is plugged in

On Mac OS Catalina (beta), Teams is crashing if a USB headset is plugged in. Teams goes to white screen, crashes, tries to restart, white screen, crash, then gives “glitch” error.

Community thread here with multiple people reporting same issue.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Renamed channel

I renamed the channel, but under the FILES tab, the old name is still there.

Active Projects was originally named 2019 Projects.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Fix PowerPoint animation issue when presenting in Teams

I've just discovered that my PowerPoint animations are not displaying correctly for participants! The animations work perfectly fine in my presenter view within Teams, but everyone else on the call sees them incorrectly. The slides in question have a few animations to build up the slide. When viewed as an attendee, the animation is all over the place. I realise that a potential solution is not to include animation in my slide but I'd like to have confidence that the animation I see as a presenter is the same for attendees. The attached video is showing the two experiences side…

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Transparent team picture gets dark background

I'd consider this a bug: if you upload a team picture with a transparent background (a PNG) then the picture's background will be dark, despite the UI around it being light. See attached screenshot. I'd expect a transparent PNG to remain transparent.

Uploading the same image with white background provides the expected result.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Microsoft teams sending <div>***</div> to skype users

Randomly, team users sending messages to skype users are sending <div>text text text</div> to the skype users. So on teams it looks fine but for skype users they are seeing <div>'s wrapping the text of the message. It does seem to go away after a few minutes of use.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Video Sharing is Disabled by the Administrator

We are getting "Video Sharing is Disabled by the Administrator". This happened when the guest joins the teams meeting via browser or the team client and enables video in the lobby before being admitted into the meeting, the guest was then admitted and got the error message "Video Sharing is Disabled by the Administrator". The guest exited the meeting and re-joined and was then able to turn on the video.

"Allow IP video" is enabled in the team admin center... This sounds like a bug?

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Ability to share powerpoint with video and sound

person i shared a powerpoint that included a video with sound could not hear the sound

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Teams for windows crashes EACH time i close it, so it reopens

Teams for windows crashes EACH time I close it, so my normal flow is
    1. close Teams
    2. it crashes and "reopens"
    3. close Teams