Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. The Create Team button is broken

When I go to create a new team, I click on the "Create Team" button, and nothing happens/

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

24 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Suphatra responded

Hi folks, is this still happening for you? If so, please send me your logs at sparavi (at) Microsoft (dot) com. I’ll see if we can repro the issue and figure out what’s going on.

Thanks,
    Suphatra

2. when copying a message background should not be copied too

When you select a message and copy it to "MS Word" for example, the background is also copied.
    Instead, only the text should be copied.

Two options a least, copy formatted or not formatted.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Wiki "section locked"

I regularly encounter 'Section Locked' editing the Wiki "Someone else is editing this section."

I am the only user - It happens after (more or less whenever) I lose my Internet and/or am forced to restart teams.

How do I unlock it - and if the 'someone else' is plainly me.. why lock it at all?

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. No Audio Devices Showing

Hello,

The issue I am having with Microsoft Teams is that suddenly all my audio devices are not showing up in the program. Teams does not detect any audio devices at all, neither my digital mixing console nor the computer's own built-in HD Audio jacks. See screenshot.

The Windows audio control panel detects all connected audio devices as normal, as do all other programs on the PC. The issue is with Teams only.

Version number, according to About menu is "1.1.00.25457 (64-bit). It was last updated on 10/2/18."

I hope this issue gets fixed soon, as Teams is completely unusable…

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Can’t add guests to Teams unless they’re already in the AAD tenant

I'm having an issue that doesn't seem to match up with the expected admin experience. Essentially, I can't add a guest that is not in the AAD tenant through Teams desktop/web apps. I get the "We didn't find any matches" error.

If the guest is in the AAD (by being in an Office 365 group, at least), then I can add the guest to the Team via the apps.

For AAD, I can add guests and for Office 365 Groups, I have "Let group members outside the organization access group content" enabled. I logged this issue on the tech community…

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Close the Notification Loop

Notifications could be tightened up a bit.

1) Sometimes when I read messages that cause notifications, the red notification lingers on the channel until I click the channel on the lefthand side.

2) Sometimes after I read a notified message, the Teams icon continues to blink on my taskbar after I've read it.

3) When I acknowledge a notification on the desktop application, the notification remains on my phone and vice-versa.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Teams crashing about 40% of the time when in calls

Started doing this the last couple of weeks.Pretty erratic: sometimes it is when you share your camera or when you share both camera and screen. Hard to pinpoint what causes it exactly but straight up calls (without cams) seem to work fine.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

If you are experiencing these crashes, we would like to investigate. Logs will help us do so.

If you’d like to send logs, please:
    - type (windows key) + R
    - type “(percent) appdata (percent) \ Microsoft \ Teams \ logs.txt” into the open box (without the spaces, parenthesis, and quotes)
    - save the file
    - send the log file that you saved to teamsml@microsoft.com

Thanks!

8. Language is resetting after every launch

Language is resetting after every launch

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. On mac I keep getting logged out. Please help?

On mac I keep getting logged out. Please help?

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. link error handling

If someone in your organization sends you a link to a resource in a channel where you are not a member, you do not receive an error. Instead you are redirected to the General Channel of some other Team where you have membership.

Example
    Bob is a member of teams foo, bar, and baz
    Sally is a member of teams foo and baz
    Bob sends Sally a Teams link to the Marketing tab in the WizBang channel of the bar team
    Sally click the link and is taken to the General channel of the foo Team
    Sally has no idea…

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. UI not updating on new message / chat

Pretty much our whole company has the same issue (including mac, windows 10, windows server 2016)

On new message, we see a notification, and we see a message-marker on the chat-botton, buth after opening the chat, nothing is marked or highlighted.
    One has to actively click any of the chats to make the ui refresh, so the highlightings are shown correctly.
    This is not even working correctly when the current chat receives a message.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Call progress tones do not honor call device selection

When initiating a new call via Teams, The call progress tones (ringtone) plays through the default sound device instead of the users selected calling device.

This can cause confusion if the default sound device is muted whilst the user is wearing a headset as they have no feedback a call is in progress.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Video feed is cut off when there are odd number of participates in video call

When I join a video conference with odd number of participates only the half of their video feed is visible and there is no option to fullscreen the video feed of one participant.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. While I'm typing messages in any channel or chat, the page slowly scrolls up. It also does this when I get a new message so I have to scrol

When I am typing a message, whether in chat or channel, the conversation window scrolls up for as long as I'm typing for. A message this long will scroll up a few dozen lines, while a much longer message will scroll to the beginning of the conversation.

THIS BUG IS NOT FIXED. VERY ANNOYING. It also scrolls up everytime someone types a new message so I have to scroll down to read it....

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

working on it  ·  Suphatra responded

Me again. The team says this bug is happening when the user is at 85% zoom on Teams. Can you check to see if you are, and if the problem goes away if you go to a different zoom level? Please comment on this thread or email me at sparavi@microsoft.com with what you find, so I can crush this bug. Thank you!

15. Change location of pop-up notification when chatting in a document

The pop up notifications block the space where you are supposed to type when you are chatting on a document causing a major disturbance.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Move the start conversation button! Since it loads too late, I always press it instead of edit in a file :(

Move the start conversation button! Since it loads too late, I always press it instead of edit in a file :(

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. The status feature behavior is very unstable

My team mates and I try to change our status regularly manually. It does not work 90% of the time.

When we select a status and try to make the change, the status stays the same.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. file attachments not sorting by name

I am trying to post a file to a conversation and the files are not sorting alphabetically even when trying to sort by name. See attached problem flow.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Bose Bluetooth headphones keeps dropping during meeting

Almost every meeting I attend on Microsoft Teams forces my Bose wireless headphones to disconnect during the meeting on my 2016 Macbook pro. Not only does it disconnect, but it unmutes my speakers on the Macbook so everyone in the office can hear what's happening in the meeting. It only happens on Teams and is really rather unacceptable. I avoid teams as much as possible as a result.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Push notification not stabile

Push notification not stabile on iphones. All notification abilities switched on , however It may happen that you often miss the important message. We need a messanger like app to be 100% sure that new message will arrive and beep on phone. There is some bug in this this function as it not always work well.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.