Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Clicking on a OneNote file result after performing a search returns "Sorry, we couldn't find your file."

I can navigate to the notebook via the OneNote tab, I just can't open it from the search results.

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

6 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Correct formatting of Power BI dates

Power BI tabs on Team channels displaying reports ignore the chosen date format on fields and instead show the US format (MM/DD/YYYY).

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. All external federated contacts lost during upgrade

All external federated contacts lost during upgrade

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. A folder's Last Modified date does not reflect most recent update made within the folder

The "modified" date shown for a folder does not change when contents of a folder are modified. For example, I created a folder called "Project Meetings" on 21-Nov-2017. Each week, new files (or folders) are added to this folder however, the modified date of the folder has remained "21-Nov-2017", even though its contents were modified as recently as 20-Dec-2017.

This is not consistent with how Windows presents folders and their modified date. If a file within a folder was updated on 20-Dec-2017, the modified date of the folder becomes 20-Dec-2017. Teams should work the same way and be consistent with…

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Cannot update profile picture

My coworkers and I are unable to change our individual profile pictures. This is the process I am following.
    Bottom left Initials icon -> Update Profile Picture -> Upload picture -> Save
    This results in the picture vanishing briefly, and then reappearing with only the first initial of my name as the icon. This is the case for most people within our company. We are able to get it to save on the Android app, but the picture is only viewable to yourself and not anyone else. We have tried the web app, desktop app, and mobile app without much…

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Pictures don't always upload

Copy/Pasted pictures don't always upload properly. Sometimes, they show in the chat window with a broken thumbnail image, but then they show properly on the second try.

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Disable opening when right click on system task tray icon

When I right click the system task tray icon, the entire Teams window is opened. Considering that "Open" is an option in the context menu, it doesn't make sense that it's automatically opening. My use-case is that I want to quickly change my status without opening the window but, when I right click to do that, it opens the window anyways. This works as I would expect using Skype for Business and so I think Teams should work the same way.

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. MS Teams saying users have removed other users when they haven't

We are having an issue in our Teams environment at present where some teams will randomly remove users and say stuff like.....

" User1 has removed User2 from the Team. "

The issue is that the User's who have apparantly removed those other users from the team have stated they did no such thing. This isn't limited to just 1 team or 1 user either its happened a few different times.

Has anyone else seen a similar thing or anyone know of any fix?!

Thanks!

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. spell check Adding new words

Can we add new words to the spell checker in Teams. My browser and office work with custom directories - extending that to work with teams would be fantastic - particularly as we tend to use a lot of technical acronyms and jargon not in the current dictionary

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Video Zoom Controls on Mobile Phones

When doing a Teams Video from a mobile phone (Android Samsung S8) the picture in picture size looks good, however, the other Video Users explain that their view is overly zoomed in and all they can see are parts of the face etc.
    There needs to be a way to adjust this as it is not practical sitting so far away from the Phone itself as a workaround.
    Thanks

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Fix PowerPoint animation issue when presenting in Teams

I've just discovered that my PowerPoint animations are not displaying correctly for participants! The animations work perfectly fine in my presenter view within Teams, but everyone else on the call sees them incorrectly. The slides in question have a few animations to build up the slide. When viewed as an attendee, the animation is all over the place. I realise that a potential solution is not to include animation in my slide but I'd like to have confidence that the animation I see as a presenter is the same for attendees. The attached video is showing the two experiences side…

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. mute feedback API

conference mic mute feedback event does not work. Conference speaker mute feedback event works correctly. I can set the Conf Mic Mute but I do not get the event of the conf mix mute status changing like I do with the Conf Speaker mute. Please fix. Thanks

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Change status automatically to busy when in a meeting

As the previous one got marked as completed (with comments disabled) I'll open a new one as a bug.

https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/18629839-change-status-automatically-to-busy-when-in-a-meet?tracking_code=733718c26a9639ef6201d72700ec7dfb

I tried this multiple times but could not get it to work. It works fine in Skype4b but not Teams I tried restarting both or one of them but nothing helped. Currently on teams version 1.0.00.2845.

If it helps I also have the general status problems reported elsewhere (as do my colleagues). Mainly this means that status is set to away even when I'm actively working at the computer (but not using Teams at the moment). Often it also means…

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Required metadata not shown in Files tab

The file tab doesn't display the required columns from SharePoint. They are defined and shown in SharePoint!
    A person that uploads files is not notified of required metadata!!!!

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. teams admin center

Guys,

I can't use the new Teams and Skype Admin Center from either IE or Edge. Had to use Chrome. I keep getting a Security Zone error. I've added the domains in IE (don't know where to do it in Edge) but still got the same error. Ditching both Microsoft browsers and using Chrome instead.

Security zone setting error
    Please make sure these two domains are added to the trusted sites in IE or Microsoft Edge: https://admin.teams.microsoft.com and https://login.microsoftonline.com. If you are using other browsers, please close all browser windows and try again.

Error Code: SECURITYZONEERROR
    Correlation…

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. URL Support in Teams via SharePoint

Any URLs posted on a SharePoint site show up as documents within Microsoft Teams. Users must go to the SharePoint and then go to the URL. They should be able to click on the URL to launch the website directly from Teams.

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. No sound notification! That's hardly usable!

We need sound notification on incoming chats! Present situation ist creating a mess.

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Ability to share powerpoint with video and sound

person i shared a powerpoint that included a video with sound could not hear the sound

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Renamed channel

I renamed the channel, but under the FILES tab, the old name is still there.

Active Projects was originally named 2019 Projects.

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Block Phone Numbers Ringing Through

Phone numbers that I've taken the time to block under Calls are still ringing through, defeating the purpose of having them blocked. If a phone number is blocked, it should not ring through.

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base