Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Close the Notification Loop

Notifications could be tightened up a bit.

1) Sometimes when I read messages that cause notifications, the red notification lingers on the channel until I click the channel on the lefthand side.

2) Sometimes after I read a notified message, the Teams icon continues to blink on my taskbar after I've read it.

3) When I acknowledge a notification on the desktop application, the notification remains on my phone and vice-versa.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Language is resetting after every launch

Language is resetting after every launch

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. On mac I keep getting logged out. Please help?

On mac I keep getting logged out. Please help?

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. link error handling

If someone in your organization sends you a link to a resource in a channel where you are not a member, you do not receive an error. Instead you are redirected to the General Channel of some other Team where you have membership.

Example
    Bob is a member of teams foo, bar, and baz
    Sally is a member of teams foo and baz
    Bob sends Sally a Teams link to the Marketing tab in the WizBang channel of the bar team
    Sally click the link and is taken to the General channel of the foo Team
    Sally has no idea…

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. UI not updating on new message / chat

Pretty much our whole company has the same issue (including mac, windows 10, windows server 2016)

On new message, we see a notification, and we see a message-marker on the chat-botton, buth after opening the chat, nothing is marked or highlighted.
    One has to actively click any of the chats to make the ui refresh, so the highlightings are shown correctly.
    This is not even working correctly when the current chat receives a message.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. While I'm typing messages in any channel or chat, the page slowly scrolls up. It also does this when I get a new message so I have to scrol

When I am typing a message, whether in chat or channel, the conversation window scrolls up for as long as I'm typing for. A message this long will scroll up a few dozen lines, while a much longer message will scroll to the beginning of the conversation.

THIS BUG IS NOT FIXED. VERY ANNOYING. It also scrolls up everytime someone types a new message so I have to scroll down to read it....

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  Suphatra responded

Me again. The team says this bug is happening when the user is at 85% zoom on Teams. Can you check to see if you are, and if the problem goes away if you go to a different zoom level? Please comment on this thread or email me at sparavi@microsoft.com with what you find, so I can crush this bug. Thank you!

7. Change location of pop-up notification when chatting in a document

The pop up notifications block the space where you are supposed to type when you are chatting on a document causing a major disturbance.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Move the start conversation button! Since it loads too late, I always press it instead of edit in a file :(

Move the start conversation button! Since it loads too late, I always press it instead of edit in a file :(

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Teams crashing about 40% of the time when in calls

Started doing this the last couple of weeks.Pretty erratic: sometimes it is when you share your camera or when you share both camera and screen. Hard to pinpoint what causes it exactly but straight up calls (without cams) seem to work fine.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

If you are experiencing these crashes, we would like to investigate. Logs will help us do so.

If you’d like to send logs, please:
    - type (windows key) + R
    - type “(percent) appdata (percent) \ Microsoft \ Teams \ logs.txt” into the open box (without the spaces, parenthesis, and quotes)
    - save the file
    - send the log file that you saved to teamsml@microsoft.com

Thanks!

10. Push notification not stabile

Push notification not stabile on iphones. All notification abilities switched on , however It may happen that you often miss the important message. We need a messanger like app to be 100% sure that new message will arrive and beep on phone. There is some bug in this this function as it not always work well.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Dear MS Teams, Please provide delete chat functionality. Its anoying that we can't delete the chat.

Please provide a way to delete the chat. An individual message or entire chat with group or individual.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Update channel - messages are not shown / missing

I am missing messages in "activity" and in the channel. (Desktop-Version 32-Bit) ... same happened on a Mac-Version.

No - those messages where not deleted by the user after they got posted.

This is a Killer-Bug which needs attention ASAP since a communication tool that cannot be trusted in delivering the communication just will be replaced asap.

When looking at Teams at colleagues, I noticed that they had entries that I don't have in my Teams (Windows 10). Even more strange: When I look at my iOS app, I see those messages.

Causing problem might be network issues and my…

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. cant paste ftp link in chat

cant paste ftp link in chat

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Message toast appearing when set to Do Not Disturb and with Quiet Hours enabled.

My boss doesn't want confidential IM's being displayed while screen sharing in meetings.

I suggested turning on "Quiet Hours" - but he was still getting message toasts from Teams.

Even after setting "Do Not Disturb" he was still getting toast containing potentially confidential info while screen sharing in another app (in this case WebEx).

Please make Teams abide by Quiet Hours.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. file attachments not sorting by name

I am trying to post a file to a conversation and the files are not sorting alphabetically even when trying to sort by name. See attached problem flow.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Bose Bluetooth headphones keeps dropping during meeting

Almost every meeting I attend on Microsoft Teams forces my Bose wireless headphones to disconnect during the meeting on my 2016 Macbook pro. Not only does it disconnect, but it unmutes my speakers on the Macbook so everyone in the office can hear what's happening in the meeting. It only happens on Teams and is really rather unacceptable. I avoid teams as much as possible as a result.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Edit my own message

As of 8/24/2017 users are unable to edit their own messages. Permissions at the team level are correct, but no edit still.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. wiki link

Fix the Link Markup for wiki. If i want to shorten a long url by using the [text](url) pattern and copy-paste the url, it is automatically transfromed to an link and destroys the markup-pattern. It's only possible to type the url on your own, which is very annoying e.g. for sharpoint file urls.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Delete a Forms Poll

At the moment it is not possible to delete a Forms poll in a channel conversation. I think when I delete my post, the poll should be deleted as well or at least the user should be allowed to delete the poll separately.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. copy small words not working

When the chat words are very small, not able to copy full text. The other icons like Like, Save, more options are hiding the text and preventing to copy

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.