Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. OneNote in MS Teams - Copy link to page not working

steps to reproduce:
    - browse to a team in MS Teams using the team's OneNote notebook
    - go to the tab "OneNote"
    - right-click a page other than the first page of the notebook
    - select "Copy link to this page"
    - send that link to someone else or open it yourself

Result:
    You will always end up on the first page of the notebook. Doing the same via the OneNote client application, it works fine.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

11 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Teams Application conditional access does not work with SharePoint Online in a tab

We have conditional access enabled to control access to M365 tenant. If you embed a Website tab that points to SharePoint Online the conditional access fails. Error is "You cannot access this resource".
    Note that SharePoint Online is accessible if you go direct to the URL so conditional access does work outside of the teams application.

The web version of Teams also works - however switching to the web version to access the tab is not a desirable solution.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. HOW CAN I DELETE ENTIRE CHAT (NOT INDIVIDUAL MESSAGES)????

HOW CAN I DELETE ENTIRE CHAT (NOT INDIVIDUAL MESSAGES)????

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. out of office in group chat

When in a group chat with a person out of office, you get that bar at the bottom saying so and so is out of office and may not reply. Which is cool, and you can dismiss it, great. It keeps coming back, over and over. I dismiss it, and minutes later it's there again. Make it stop!

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Change location of pop-up notification when chatting in a document

The pop up notifications block the space where you are supposed to type when you are chatting on a document causing a major disturbance.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Enable history to have a longer history vs. needing to load when scrolling up

When trying to review messages, only the last 4-5 messages load, and to get further history, you have to wait for each message to load while searching through historical conversations. It would be great if these were automatically available for the last ~50 message so users don't have to wait to review recent conversations.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Files tab no longer opens General folder

The link to the General folder in the associated SharePoint document register is broken. This prevents attachment to be added to Conversations. Please make it possible to edit the Files link so that correct function can be reestablished. This would also allow people to use the Files tab to point to their prefered location rather than a predefined location based on Channel Name. This is a serious issue inhibiting adoption of Teams in my Company.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. The application closes randomly without notice on MAC

The application closes randomly without notice on MAC.

Other applications such as Skype don't have this problem.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. copy small words not working

When the chat words are very small, not able to copy full text. The other icons like Like, Save, more options are hiding the text and preventing to copy

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Transparent team picture gets dark background

I'd consider this a bug: if you upload a team picture with a transparent background (a PNG) then the picture's background will be dark, despite the UI around it being light. See attached screenshot. I'd expect a transparent PNG to remain transparent.

Uploading the same image with white background provides the expected result.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Images keep disappearing in "Conversations". A fix to correct this issue and restore the data would be much appreciated

Images keep disappearing in "Conversations". A fix to correct this issue and restore the data would be much appreciated

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Unable to add in correct guest email address to MS Teams

Hi Suphatra,

I had deleted a guest from Teams because I've wrongly typed in the country code to his organisation email address.
    And when I want to add this guest in the Teams with his correct organization email address without the country code, MS Teams however keeps prompting me the old email address which I had deleted earlier. Hence I'm unable to add in this guest with his correct organization email address.

e.g.
    jason.tan@amadeus.com.sg (wrong email which I deleted)

jason.tan@amadeus.com (correct email which I'm unable to add)

Please help to rectify the issue.

Thanks

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Can’t add guests to Teams unless they’re already in the AAD tenant

I'm having an issue that doesn't seem to match up with the expected admin experience. Essentially, I can't add a guest that is not in the AAD tenant through Teams desktop/web apps. I get the "We didn't find any matches" error.

If the guest is in the AAD (by being in an Office 365 group, at least), then I can add the guest to the Team via the apps.

For AAD, I can add guests and for Office 365 Groups, I have "Let group members outside the organization access group content" enabled. I logged this issue on the tech community…

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. A folder's Last Modified date does not reflect most recent update made within the folder

The "modified" date shown for a folder does not change when contents of a folder are modified. For example, I created a folder called "Project Meetings" on 21-Nov-2017. Each week, new files (or folders) are added to this folder however, the modified date of the folder has remained "21-Nov-2017", even though its contents were modified as recently as 20-Dec-2017.

This is not consistent with how Windows presents folders and their modified date. If a file within a folder was updated on 20-Dec-2017, the modified date of the folder becomes 20-Dec-2017. Teams should work the same way and be consistent with…

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. print does not work

The Print functionality does not work when attempting to print from inside Teams when viewing a OneNote notebook

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Pressing 'x' to close window takes long time to actually close the window

In the Windows application, when I press the 'x' to close the window, it will take about 1-2 seconds before the window actually closes

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow removing all blocked domains in Teams admin center

When you go to the Teams admin center -> External sharing and add a domain as blocked, you can not remove it afterwards. You get an error "You must have at least one domain in the block list". Why is this if there are no blocked domains by default anyway?

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Issues with Microsoft Forms Circular Branching.

We are moving from Google Forms to Microsoft Forms, During our testing we have noticed the Circular branching feature, where we need to navigate back to previous section on Forms with Multiple sections fails and branching always points to end of form, with Submit button. We have reported this issue with Support Engineer and test by Microsoft engineer, this seems to be by design and this is crucial feature for organization as we have multiple forms as part of our transition this feature needs to be updated soon. The circular branching feature is crucial for Organization during Survey's, Quiz, Polls,…

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Shared files inaccessible to new chat members in Teams

If a new member is added to Teams chat, she/he cannot access any previously shared files in that particular Teams chat group.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base