Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. print does not work

The Print functionality does not work when attempting to print from inside Teams when viewing a OneNote notebook

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Need to have a Mic - Mute / UnMute feedback in the Teams UI (using Crestron RL3 SRS v2)

Mic - Mute / Unmute Feedback is not reflecting in the Teams UI. but in backend actually mute / unmute happens but Users may not be knowing either it is muted or unmuted from the UI. Attached example image for your reference.

Crestron RL3 (SRS v2).

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Correct formatting of Power BI dates

Power BI tabs on Team channels displaying reports ignore the chosen date format on fields and instead show the US format (MM/DD/YYYY).

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Search of Wiki pages in Microsoft Teams not working

Currently, it is not posible to search for a Wiki page using the search of Microsoft Teams. It is showing the wiki page, but it gives the following error:

"Hmm… looks like this file doesn't have a preview we can show you"

It is quite normal that we would like to search for wiki, just like office documents, so that we can more easily find them.

Thank you!

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. when copying a message background should not be copied too

When you select a message and copy it to "MS Word" for example, the background is also copied.
    Instead, only the text should be copied.

Two options a least, copy formatted or not formatted.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Call progress tones do not honor call device selection

When initiating a new call via Teams, The call progress tones (ringtone) plays through the default sound device instead of the users selected calling device.

This can cause confusion if the default sound device is muted whilst the user is wearing a headset as they have no feedback a call is in progress.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Change location of pop-up notification when chatting in a document

The pop up notifications block the space where you are supposed to type when you are chatting on a document causing a major disturbance.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Correct - "Your message is too long. Please shorten it before sending"

I support a team who is using TEAMS to share code snippets, they are increasingly getting this message, and I believe it has to do with line breaks in the code. There has to be a way to increase the buffer, or do something so that they can send these types of messages, or is there a workaround, a method they can share these things that won't trigger the message?

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. The Create Team button is broken

When I go to create a new team, I click on the "Create Team" button, and nothing happens/

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Suphatra responded

Hi folks, is this still happening for you? If so, please send me your logs at sparavi (at) Microsoft (dot) com. I’ll see if we can repro the issue and figure out what’s going on.

Thanks,
    Suphatra

10. Wiki "section locked"

I regularly encounter 'Section Locked' editing the Wiki "Someone else is editing this section."

I am the only user - It happens after (more or less whenever) I lose my Internet and/or am forced to restart teams.

How do I unlock it - and if the 'someone else' is plainly me.. why lock it at all?

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. No Audio Devices Showing

Hello,

The issue I am having with Microsoft Teams is that suddenly all my audio devices are not showing up in the program. Teams does not detect any audio devices at all, neither my digital mixing console nor the computer's own built-in HD Audio jacks. See screenshot.

The Windows audio control panel detects all connected audio devices as normal, as do all other programs on the PC. The issue is with Teams only.

Version number, according to About menu is "1.1.00.25457 (64-bit). It was last updated on 10/2/18."

I hope this issue gets fixed soon, as Teams is completely unusable…

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Can’t add guests to Teams unless they’re already in the AAD tenant

I'm having an issue that doesn't seem to match up with the expected admin experience. Essentially, I can't add a guest that is not in the AAD tenant through Teams desktop/web apps. I get the "We didn't find any matches" error.

If the guest is in the AAD (by being in an Office 365 group, at least), then I can add the guest to the Team via the apps.

For AAD, I can add guests and for Office 365 Groups, I have "Let group members outside the organization access group content" enabled. I logged this issue on the tech community…

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Language is resetting after every launch

Language is resetting after every launch

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Chat with Guests

I have added a guest to our AD. Guest access is enabled in teams. I can see the guest in chat and have sent them a chat message. I manually installed Teams for the Guest on their mac. They are not receiving my messages. Guest access needs to work in chats as well, not just in Teams.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. file attachments not sorting by name

I am trying to post a file to a conversation and the files are not sorting alphabetically even when trying to sort by name. See attached problem flow.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Blank login window - Fix it!

When I open the Teams app on my machine (Windows 8.1), I get a blank login window. I've tried completely uninstalling it and reinstalling it and the problem remains. My company's IT people can't figure it out either. The only way I can get it working is to close the blank login window, then it reappears, then I close it again and it says "Modern authentication failed here. Status code 4c7". Then it logs in some other way and works.

How do I fix this?

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Close the Notification Loop

Notifications could be tightened up a bit.

1) Sometimes when I read messages that cause notifications, the red notification lingers on the channel until I click the channel on the lefthand side.

2) Sometimes after I read a notified message, the Teams icon continues to blink on my taskbar after I've read it.

3) When I acknowledge a notification on the desktop application, the notification remains on my phone and vice-versa.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Teams crashing about 40% of the time when in calls

Started doing this the last couple of weeks.Pretty erratic: sometimes it is when you share your camera or when you share both camera and screen. Hard to pinpoint what causes it exactly but straight up calls (without cams) seem to work fine.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

If you are experiencing these crashes, we would like to investigate. Logs will help us do so.

If you’d like to send logs, please:
    - type (windows key) + R
    - type “(percent) appdata (percent) \ Microsoft \ Teams \ logs.txt” into the open box (without the spaces, parenthesis, and quotes)
    - save the file
    - send the log file that you saved to teamsml@microsoft.com

Thanks!

19. On mac I keep getting logged out. Please help?

On mac I keep getting logged out. Please help?

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. link error handling

If someone in your organization sends you a link to a resource in a channel where you are not a member, you do not receive an error. Instead you are redirected to the General Channel of some other Team where you have membership.

Example
    Bob is a member of teams foo, bar, and baz
    Sally is a member of teams foo and baz
    Bob sends Sally a Teams link to the Marketing tab in the WizBang channel of the bar team
    Sally click the link and is taken to the General channel of the foo Team
    Sally has no idea…

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base