Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. spell check Adding new words

Can we add new words to the spell checker in Teams. My browser and office work with custom directories - extending that to work with teams would be fantastic - particularly as we tend to use a lot of technical acronyms and jargon not in the current dictionary

50 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bug with Teams Window Sharing during call or meeting

Fix Teams window sharing - Window list not updating during call
    On Teams client for Windows 1.3.00.28779 as well as 1.3.00.26064 that I've been able to test, when I'm already on a call and click the share content button, I am presented with a list of thumbnails of "Desktop" screens to share as well as Windows. The list of Windows is a list of windows that were open at the time the call started, and it does not update if I open new windows or close ones that were open. It continues to list windows that were previously closed, and…

49 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. share screen desktop mac doesn't work

When trying to share my screen desktop in a teams-meeting i get the instruction to enable Teams in "Screen recordings" but it's already enabled. This happende with the last update.

49 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Fix PowerPoint animation issue when presenting in Teams

I've just discovered that my PowerPoint animations are not displaying correctly for participants! The animations work perfectly fine in my presenter view within Teams, but everyone else on the call sees them incorrectly. The slides in question have a few animations to build up the slide. When viewed as an attendee, the animation is all over the place. I realise that a potential solution is not to include animation in my slide but I'd like to have confidence that the animation I see as a presenter is the same for attendees. The attached video is showing the two experiences side…

49 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Need to have a Mic - Mute / UnMute feedback in the Teams UI (using Crestron RL3 SRS v2)

Mic - Mute / Unmute Feedback is not reflecting in the Teams UI. but in backend actually mute / unmute happens but Users may not be knowing either it is muted or unmuted from the UI. Attached example image for your reference.

Crestron RL3 (SRS v2).

49 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Block Phone Numbers Ringing Through

Phone numbers that I've taken the time to block under Calls are still ringing through, defeating the purpose of having them blocked. If a phone number is blocked, it should not ring through.

49 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Correct formatting of Power BI dates

Power BI tabs on Team channels displaying reports ignore the chosen date format on fields and instead show the US format (MM/DD/YYYY).

49 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Disable opening when right click on system task tray icon

When I right click the system task tray icon, the entire Teams window is opened. Considering that "Open" is an option in the context menu, it doesn't make sense that it's automatically opening. My use-case is that I want to quickly change my status without opening the window but, when I right click to do that, it opens the window anyways. This works as I would expect using Skype for Business and so I think Teams should work the same way.

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Mute Myself While Sharing Screen

Attempted to mute myself while sharing my screen and experienced large delays from clicking the mute button and when I was actually muted

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Transparent team picture gets dark background

I'd consider this a bug: if you upload a team picture with a transparent background (a PNG) then the picture's background will be dark, despite the UI around it being light. See attached screenshot. I'd expect a transparent PNG to remain transparent.

Uploading the same image with white background provides the expected result.

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Cannot update profile picture

My coworkers and I are unable to change our individual profile pictures. This is the process I am following.
    Bottom left Initials icon -> Update Profile Picture -> Upload picture -> Save
    This results in the picture vanishing briefly, and then reappearing with only the first initial of my name as the icon. This is the case for most people within our company. We are able to get it to save on the Android app, but the picture is only viewable to yourself and not anyone else. We have tried the web app, desktop app, and mobile app without much…

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Raised Hands Not Noticeable to Presenter

The Presenter cannot view who has raised hands in an ongoing meeting when his/her screen is shared thus he/she continues talking even if other participants have raised their hand and are waiting for their turn to speak.

This is not helpful as inspite of this feature if this participant has to barge into a ongoing conversation to get the needed attention.

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Ability to share powerpoint with video and sound

person i shared a powerpoint that included a video with sound could not hear the sound

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. All external federated contacts lost during upgrade

All external federated contacts lost during upgrade

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Meeting link disappearing

Whenever I update a calendar invite in outlook to a teams meeting, the link is generated but when I send the invite out the link is removed. Mail/Calendar settings are set for HTML. I then have to manually link the meeting url.

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Clicking on a OneNote file result after performing a search returns "Sorry, we couldn't find your file."

I can navigate to the notebook via the OneNote tab, I just can't open it from the search results.

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. MS Teams saying users have removed other users when they haven't

We are having an issue in our Teams environment at present where some teams will randomly remove users and say stuff like.....

" User1 has removed User2 from the Team. "

The issue is that the User's who have apparantly removed those other users from the team have stated they did no such thing. This isn't limited to just 1 team or 1 user either its happened a few different times.

Has anyone else seen a similar thing or anyone know of any fix?!

Thanks!

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Renamed channel

I renamed the channel, but under the FILES tab, the old name is still there.

Active Projects was originally named 2019 Projects.

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Pictures don't always upload

Copy/Pasted pictures don't always upload properly. Sometimes, they show in the chat window with a broken thumbnail image, but then they show properly on the second try.

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. No sound notification! That's hardly usable!

We need sound notification on incoming chats! Present situation ist creating a mess.

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base