Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Disappearing messages and replies

With the Windows 10 Teams app, this has happened a few times now: I post a message in a channel and a co-worker responds to it. I get the notification that they replies to my message and I can see it in the Activity tab. However, when I navigate to the channel, their response is not visible.

Additionally, I've quit out of Teams and restarted. When I navigated back the channel in question, my original message is no longer visible.

Not sure what exact steps are necessary to reproduce the issue because it doesn't always happen.

My colleague can see…

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

11 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Enable history to have a longer history vs. needing to load when scrolling up

When trying to review messages, only the last 4-5 messages load, and to get further history, you have to wait for each message to load while searching through historical conversations. It would be great if these were automatically available for the last ~50 message so users don't have to wait to review recent conversations.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Provide ability to remove users added to recurring meetings' chats

We have the following scenario that cannot be remedied without deleting a recurring meeting:
    1. User A and B have a recurring weekly meeting in Teams.
    2. User C is invited to join the call on this meeting during one instance.
    3. Even though User C has not been invited to the recurring meeting, User C now has access to the Teams chat of the subsequent recurring meeting instances.

This seems like a huge bug that you cannot remove a user from seeing the chat of a meeting to which they are normally not a member. I just spoke with…

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. out of office in group chat

When in a group chat with a person out of office, you get that bar at the bottom saying so and so is out of office and may not reply. Which is cool, and you can dismiss it, great. It keeps coming back, over and over. I dismiss it, and minutes later it's there again. Make it stop!

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Android - Calls should respect 'Do Not Disturb'

Current state (Android): Teams calls do not respect system 'Do Not Disturb'.

Steps to reproduce:
    1) Enable 'Do Not Disturb' on an Android device running Teams
    2) Call Android device from 2nd device - Teams will play a notification ringtone.

Expected result:
    Teams should not play a notification ringtone when system 'Do Not Disturb' is enabled

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Linked workbooks in Excel

I have created an Excel workbook that is linked to 10 other workbooks in the same Team. They are all saved within the Team's filing structure. When one of the linked books is opened, an error stating 'Links Disabled: Links to external workbooks are not supported and have been disabled.'
    I am trying to encourage my workplace to move over to using Teams as our primary file sharing platform, but this is a major issue and will halt that progress.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Dear MS Teams, Please provide delete chat functionality. Its anoying that we can't delete the chat.

Please provide a way to delete the chat. An individual message or entire chat with group or individual.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Cannot use Bluetooth Headset with Microsoft Teams

When participating in a Teams conference on mobile (Apple iPhone) - Bluetooth devices stop working.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Sharepoint tabs won't load

When adding a SharePoint tab to a channel, it will sometimes fail to load. Sometimes this can correlate with not being logged into the office 365 website through a separate browser. It also does not produce any error, the tab stays blank. Other users have found it works better to add it as a website tab, which prompts for login if the problem occurs. Should the expected behavior be that the tab loads because you are logged into teams and shouldn't need to login again?

This is another thread of users discussing this problem:

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Teams/Sharepoint-page-stops-loading-in-Teams-client-Tab/m-p/236076#M16936

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. The application closes randomly without notice on MAC

The application closes randomly without notice on MAC.

Other applications such as Skype don't have this problem.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. print does not work

The Print functionality does not work when attempting to print from inside Teams when viewing a OneNote notebook

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Required metadata not shown in Files tab

The file tab doesn't display the required columns from SharePoint. They are defined and shown in SharePoint!
    A person that uploads files is not notified of required metadata!!!!

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Files tab no longer opens General folder

The link to the General folder in the associated SharePoint document register is broken. This prevents attachment to be added to Conversations. Please make it possible to edit the Files link so that correct function can be reestablished. This would also allow people to use the Files tab to point to their prefered location rather than a predefined location based on Channel Name. This is a serious issue inhibiting adoption of Teams in my Company.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Correct - "Your message is too long. Please shorten it before sending"

I support a team who is using TEAMS to share code snippets, they are increasingly getting this message, and I believe it has to do with line breaks in the code. There has to be a way to increase the buffer, or do something so that they can send these types of messages, or is there a workaround, a method they can share these things that won't trigger the message?

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Change status automatically to busy when in a meeting

As the previous one got marked as completed (with comments disabled) I'll open a new one as a bug.

https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/18629839-change-status-automatically-to-busy-when-in-a-meet?tracking_code=733718c26a9639ef6201d72700ec7dfb

I tried this multiple times but could not get it to work. It works fine in Skype4b but not Teams I tried restarting both or one of them but nothing helped. Currently on teams version 1.0.00.2845.

If it helps I also have the general status problems reported elsewhere (as do my colleagues). Mainly this means that status is set to away even when I'm actively working at the computer (but not using Teams at the moment). Often it also means…

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. The Create Team button is broken

When I go to create a new team, I click on the "Create Team" button, and nothing happens/

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Suphatra responded

Hi folks, is this still happening for you? If so, please send me your logs at sparavi (at) Microsoft (dot) com. I’ll see if we can repro the issue and figure out what’s going on.

Thanks,
    Suphatra

18. Fix Teams crash on Mac OS Catalina when USB headset is plugged in

On Mac OS Catalina (beta), Teams is crashing if a USB headset is plugged in. Teams goes to white screen, crashes, tries to restart, white screen, crash, then gives “glitch” error.

Community thread here with multiple people reporting same issue.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. when copying a message background should not be copied too

When you select a message and copy it to "MS Word" for example, the background is also copied.
    Instead, only the text should be copied.

Two options a least, copy formatted or not formatted.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Wiki "section locked"

I regularly encounter 'Section Locked' editing the Wiki "Someone else is editing this section."

I am the only user - It happens after (more or less whenever) I lose my Internet and/or am forced to restart teams.

How do I unlock it - and if the 'someone else' is plainly me.. why lock it at all?

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.