Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. teams admin center

Guys,

I can't use the new Teams and Skype Admin Center from either IE or Edge. Had to use Chrome. I keep getting a Security Zone error. I've added the domains in IE (don't know where to do it in Edge) but still got the same error. Ditching both Microsoft browsers and using Chrome instead.

Security zone setting error
    Please make sure these two domains are added to the trusted sites in IE or Microsoft Edge: https://admin.teams.microsoft.com and https://login.microsoftonline.com. If you are using other browsers, please close all browser windows and try again.

Error Code: SECURITYZONEERROR
    Correlation…

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

20 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Android - Calls should respect 'Do Not Disturb'

Current state (Android): Teams calls do not respect system 'Do Not Disturb'.

Steps to reproduce:
    1) Enable 'Do Not Disturb' on an Android device running Teams
    2) Call Android device from 2nd device - Teams will play a notification ringtone.

Expected result:
    Teams should not play a notification ringtone when system 'Do Not Disturb' is enabled

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Teams Still Scrolling Up

Teams Chat is still scrolling up (sometimes several pages) every time the text entry box expands to include more text. It's extremely disruptive.

If I had the option, I'd use Slack/Discord instead. But I'm stuck using Teams, so please fix this bug.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. download

Why are downloads going to a hardcoded c:\username\downloads location as opposed to the default download folder that has been associated within the OS via Explorer? If you use a remote user drive having downloads go to the local C drive is not a good idea. Can this be changed to follow how things are mapped in Explorer? This seems like a bug to me.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Fix Teams crash on Mac OS Catalina when USB headset is plugged in

On Mac OS Catalina (beta), Teams is crashing if a USB headset is plugged in. Teams goes to white screen, crashes, tries to restart, white screen, crash, then gives “glitch” error.

Community thread here with multiple people reporting same issue.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Copy link to task button not working

Copy link to task button not working within Windows/Teams client/Tasks tab/Opened taks

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Bug creating multiple plans in a Teams Channel

We have multiple channels within a team (e.g. Sales) and have added Planner links to each one. The first General channel was linked to the plan created automatically when the Team was created and this shows ok in Planner itself (as the Sales plan). However when we've added Planner links to other channels and selected Create New Plan the plan has been created and linked in Teams but when opening in Planner only the original Sales plan is showing. So we can create multiple plans from teams but cannot view them in Planner. The workaround is to go to Teams,…

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Cannot share files in a Chat

In a Chat, if I click either the PaperClip or the Files Tab, I cannot attach a file.
    This applies to both the desktop and web versions of the application.
    Have uninstalled teams, rebooted, then reinstalled the desktop app.
    Have OneDrive for business set up.
    An solution?

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Cannot use Bluetooth Headset with Microsoft Teams

When participating in a Teams conference on mobile (Apple iPhone) - Bluetooth devices stop working.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. mute feedback API

conference mic mute feedback event does not work. Conference speaker mute feedback event works correctly. I can set the Conf Mic Mute but I do not get the event of the conf mix mute status changing like I do with the Conf Speaker mute. Please fix. Thanks

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Disappearing messages and replies

With the Windows 10 Teams app, this has happened a few times now: I post a message in a channel and a co-worker responds to it. I get the notification that they replies to my message and I can see it in the Activity tab. However, when I navigate to the channel, their response is not visible.

Additionally, I've quit out of Teams and restarted. When I navigated back the channel in question, my original message is no longer visible.

Not sure what exact steps are necessary to reproduce the issue because it doesn't always happen.

My colleague can see…

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Enable history to have a longer history vs. needing to load when scrolling up

When trying to review messages, only the last 4-5 messages load, and to get further history, you have to wait for each message to load while searching through historical conversations. It would be great if these were automatically available for the last ~50 message so users don't have to wait to review recent conversations.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Pressing 'x' to close window takes long time to actually close the window

In the Windows application, when I press the 'x' to close the window, it will take about 1-2 seconds before the window actually closes

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. copy small words not working

When the chat words are very small, not able to copy full text. The other icons like Like, Save, more options are hiding the text and preventing to copy

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. out of office in group chat

When in a group chat with a person out of office, you get that bar at the bottom saying so and so is out of office and may not reply. Which is cool, and you can dismiss it, great. It keeps coming back, over and over. I dismiss it, and minutes later it's there again. Make it stop!

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. URL Support in Teams via SharePoint

Any URLs posted on a SharePoint site show up as documents within Microsoft Teams. Users must go to the SharePoint and then go to the URL. They should be able to click on the URL to launch the website directly from Teams.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Change status automatically to busy when in a meeting

As the previous one got marked as completed (with comments disabled) I'll open a new one as a bug.

https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/18629839-change-status-automatically-to-busy-when-in-a-meet?tracking_code=733718c26a9639ef6201d72700ec7dfb

I tried this multiple times but could not get it to work. It works fine in Skype4b but not Teams I tried restarting both or one of them but nothing helped. Currently on teams version 1.0.00.2845.

If it helps I also have the general status problems reported elsewhere (as do my colleagues). Mainly this means that status is set to away even when I'm actively working at the computer (but not using Teams at the moment). Often it also means…

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. The application closes randomly without notice on MAC

The application closes randomly without notice on MAC.

Other applications such as Skype don't have this problem.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Correct formatting of Power BI dates

Power BI tabs on Team channels displaying reports ignore the chosen date format on fields and instead show the US format (MM/DD/YYYY).

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Search of Wiki pages in Microsoft Teams not working

Currently, it is not posible to search for a Wiki page using the search of Microsoft Teams. It is showing the wiki page, but it gives the following error:

"Hmm… looks like this file doesn't have a preview we can show you"

It is quite normal that we would like to search for wiki, just like office documents, so that we can more easily find them.

Thank you!

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base