Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Screen sharing - drop-downs on browser appear blank

Microsoft Teams made the drop-downs on IE11 and Chrome appear as blank black boxes when sharing the screen.

My client was sharing screens with me and mentioned a potential bug on our site, we realised that stopping screen-share fixed the issue.

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

10 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Update User Status

User Status is extremely slow to update. It is 7:30 am and the last programmer to leave last night around 5:00 pm is still shown as active even though he is not met.

The user status is very helpful because it tells you if you can expect immediate response. I find myself double checking with Skype for Business when I need to know if someone is available or not.

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Call progress tones do not honor call device selection

When initiating a new call via Teams, The call progress tones (ringtone) plays through the default sound device instead of the users selected calling device.

This can cause confusion if the default sound device is muted whilst the user is wearing a headset as they have no feedback a call is in progress.

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Clicking on a OneNote file result after performing a search returns "Sorry, we couldn't find your file."

I can navigate to the notebook via the OneNote tab, I just can't open it from the search results.

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Enable responding to specific messages in chat via desktop

When using chat on mobile, you are allowed to reply to a targeted message and when a user engages with this, it takes them to the original message responded to. Please enable this when using desktop

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Teams Application conditional access does not work with SharePoint Online in a tab

We have conditional access enabled to control access to M365 tenant. If you embed a Website tab that points to SharePoint Online the conditional access fails. Error is "You cannot access this resource".
    Note that SharePoint Online is accessible if you go direct to the URL so conditional access does work outside of the teams application.

The web version of Teams also works - however switching to the web version to access the tab is not a desirable solution.

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Android - Calls should respect 'Do Not Disturb'

Current state (Android): Teams calls do not respect system 'Do Not Disturb'.

Steps to reproduce:
    1) Enable 'Do Not Disturb' on an Android device running Teams
    2) Call Android device from 2nd device - Teams will play a notification ringtone.

Expected result:
    Teams should not play a notification ringtone when system 'Do Not Disturb' is enabled

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Teams does not use regional settings correctly

Teams overrides regional settings from Windows 10 and shows dates incorrectly. I want to use english UI because of international environment but correct local regional settings for dates, times etc. This is not possible now. Please fix so that Teams follows Windows 10 regional settings or that I can keep UI in english but regional settings correctly as in my country.

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Annoying user experience. Notifications do not respect DND on MAC.

1. Why does teams still show notifications when I have set my MAC to DND?

2. Notifications do not have a close option. It makes things more annoying.

3. Please give an option for the user to set the status manually instead of team governing my status automatically.

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Teams freezing during screen sharing

Screensharing during Teams conference meetings occaisonally causes the sharer's Teams to freeze lately. Have to restart computer to use Teams again.

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. mute feedback API

conference mic mute feedback event does not work. Conference speaker mute feedback event works correctly. I can set the Conf Mic Mute but I do not get the event of the conf mix mute status changing like I do with the Conf Speaker mute. Please fix. Thanks

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Correct formatting of Power BI dates

Power BI tabs on Team channels displaying reports ignore the chosen date format on fields and instead show the US format (MM/DD/YYYY).

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Pictures don't always upload

Copy/Pasted pictures don't always upload properly. Sometimes, they show in the chat window with a broken thumbnail image, but then they show properly on the second try.

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Required metadata not shown in Files tab

The file tab doesn't display the required columns from SharePoint. They are defined and shown in SharePoint!
    A person that uploads files is not notified of required metadata!!!!

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. teams admin center

Guys,

I can't use the new Teams and Skype Admin Center from either IE or Edge. Had to use Chrome. I keep getting a Security Zone error. I've added the domains in IE (don't know where to do it in Edge) but still got the same error. Ditching both Microsoft browsers and using Chrome instead.

Security zone setting error
    Please make sure these two domains are added to the trusted sites in IE or Microsoft Edge: https://admin.teams.microsoft.com and https://login.microsoftonline.com. If you are using other browsers, please close all browser windows and try again.

Error Code: SECURITYZONEERROR
    Correlation…

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Cancellare la cronologia delle chat

Al momento nom è possibile cancellare le chat.
    Per ragioni di privacy ci dovrebbe essere la possibilità di cancellare definitivamente la cronologia delle chat

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

36 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. All external federated contacts lost during upgrade

All external federated contacts lost during upgrade

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. PLEASE fix desktop app performance on macOS!! Constant high CPU usage and memory leaks!

I'm running Teams desktop app on macOS Catalina and the performance is TERRIBLE! If I get on a single 1-on-1 video call, the fan on my 2017 MacBook Pro starts spinning like crazy, CPU usage goes up to about 85%, and app begins to use over 1GB of RAM! To put it in perspective, I can get on a Zoom call with 10 other people, CPU usage is at less than 20%, and memory usage never passes 300MB

I've read on other forums to disable GPU acceleration in the settings, but that has only marginally helped.

Please fix your app!

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Camera not working

Camera shows black screen on Microsoft Teams Version 1.1.00.29053 (desktop app), on MAC os Mojave 10.14.1

I tried to reinstall the app but it did not help. It's been happening for more than 3 weeks already.

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

44 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Removed users can see notifications and partial text on threads which they commented

1. Add a user to a private team

2. Have the user comment on a thread

3. Remove the user's access to the team

4. The removed user will still receive notifications every time a different user replies to that thread.

5. The user will see the preview text in the notification

6. When the user clicks the notification, they do not have access (as expected)

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base