Public

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Fix the secondary ringer to actually work as set. I want ring on speakers, not headphones.

Please fix the secondary ringer to actually work as set. I want ring on speakers, not headphones. Alex says this feature is completed and released to public, but it doesn't work in Teams Version 1.3.00.3564 (32 bit) updated 03/23/20 running on Windows 7 Pro ESU.

I need to be able to have headphone output as system default audio device, and internal laptop PC speakers as primary comms device AND secondary ringer. Both Speaker and Secondary Ringer are set to "Speaker - Speakers / Headphones (Realtek Audio)". However, the secondary ringer settings are not being respected, and it ONLY rings on…

150 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

46 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Stop scrolling while I type a message.

When I am typing a message, whether in chat or channel, the conversation window scrolls up for as long as I'm typing for. A message this long will scroll up a few dozen lines, while a much longer message will scroll to the beginning of the conversation.

139 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

39 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  Suphatra responded

This year-old bug has popped back up, as some of you may have noticed.

It is only affecting users who are scrolled at 85%. If you are experiencing this, please send me user logs so the team can crush this bug!

Thank you :-)
    Suphatra

3. Cannot use Bluetooth Headset with Microsoft Teams

When participating in a Teams conference on mobile (Apple iPhone) - Bluetooth devices stop working.

133 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

63 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Status getting changed from Available to Away automatically after 5 minutes of inactivity

The status is getting changed automatically to away after 5 mins of inactivity though my laptop is in working mode and I'm working in different things. Please let us change the status manually or please provide an 'Idle time set up option'.

129 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Images keep disappearing in "Conversations". A fix to correct this issue and restore the data would be much appreciated

Images keep disappearing in "Conversations". A fix to correct this issue and restore the data would be much appreciated

125 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

58 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. iOS Notifications still seem to have issues

I can see a lot of posts about iOS notification bugs, and them apparently being fixed, but on my iPhone X with iOS 11 they have not worked for some time now.

I have now changed the settings from "When not active on desktop" to "always" and still have issues.

I often go into the app and see many conversations which should have sent me a notification.

My desktop app notification settings are attached.

I am missing vital messages due to this bug, so would like to see a fix.

119 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

45 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Unable to add in correct guest email address to MS Teams

Hi Suphatra,

I had deleted a guest from Teams because I've wrongly typed in the country code to his organisation email address.
    And when I want to add this guest in the Teams with his correct organization email address without the country code, MS Teams however keeps prompting me the old email address which I had deleted earlier. Hence I'm unable to add in this guest with his correct organization email address.

e.g.
    jason.tan@amadeus.com.sg (wrong email which I deleted)

jason.tan@amadeus.com (correct email which I'm unable to add)

Please help to rectify the issue.

Thanks

115 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Can't share Excel application on macOS Catalina

I have found that not being able to share certain apps when I have Microsoft Teams MAC in full screen mode. This appears to be a known issue ?

111 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Stop Teams eligibility criteria removing blocked accounts from teams

When an account is blocked for sign in within the Admin portal, it is currently removed from the Teams the account is part of leaving a message in the General channel to this affect! The account is not removed from the underlying Group so removing the account from the Team is not only inconsistent, it creates a significant issue for us as we'll temporarily block accounts for a range of security reasons. Messages to team members that '*** has been removed from the Team' are incredibly unhelpful and cause damage to relationships within the organisation. Please fix this design flaw…

110 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Teams freezing during screen sharing

Screensharing during Teams conference meetings occaisonally causes the sharer's Teams to freeze lately. Have to restart computer to use Teams again.

105 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

63 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Teams does not use regional settings correctly

Teams overrides regional settings from Windows 10 and shows dates incorrectly. I want to use english UI because of international environment but correct local regional settings for dates, times etc. This is not possible now. Please fix so that Teams follows Windows 10 regional settings or that I can keep UI in english but regional settings correctly as in my country.

99 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. HOW CAN I DELETE ENTIRE CHAT (NOT INDIVIDUAL MESSAGES)????

HOW CAN I DELETE ENTIRE CHAT (NOT INDIVIDUAL MESSAGES)????

93 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. FIX TEAMS Away Status

Teams will show me as AWAY even when I'm actively working on CPU. In the support forums, the individual working for Microsoft explained that teams reverts to "away" when the user is not active for more than 10 mins, HOWEVER, I'm seeing it revert even whilst continuously active on my CPU. I'm not the first person to bring this up, I know you've seen this forum (https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/teams-away-setting-automatically-switching-on-when/950933a5-7dc3-4401-a164-23be32940986?page=3).

Please fix this, as it eliminates the value of using teams. Why would I use teams if you're telling my boss I'm away when I'm not? I could simply tell my…

91 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Private Channel folder name is duplicated when synced in File Explorer

Currently if I have a team called IT Admin, create a private channel called Test and sync it then in File Explorer on Windows it displays as IT Admin - Test - Test which is redundant and draws complaints from users. It should be displayed as IT Admin - Test, or IT - Test - Files would be workable. There is currently no way to edit the default folder location or name.

91 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Video Sharing is Disabled by the Administrator

We are getting "Video Sharing is Disabled by the Administrator". This happened when the guest joins the teams meeting via browser or the team client and enables video in the lobby before being admitted into the meeting, the guest was then admitted and got the error message "Video Sharing is Disabled by the Administrator". The guest exited the meeting and re-joined and was then able to turn on the video.

"Allow IP video" is enabled in the team admin center... This sounds like a bug?

88 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Enable responding to specific messages in chat via desktop

When using chat on mobile, you are allowed to reply to a targeted message and when a user engages with this, it takes them to the original message responded to. Please enable this when using desktop

87 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Rename of Team Channel doesn't rename associated Sharepoint files Folder-this comment has been "being worked" for 2 years - but MS has quit

Please see see the Teams blog item named the above.

Rename of Team Channel doesn't rename associated Sharepoint files Folder

The person who responded has now left MS..and this is needing to be worked.

Thx

86 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Call progress tones do not honor call device selection

When initiating a new call via Teams, The call progress tones (ringtone) plays through the default sound device instead of the users selected calling device.

This can cause confusion if the default sound device is muted whilst the user is wearing a headset as they have no feedback a call is in progress.

81 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Pop-up windows do not appear in live team meetings when sharing screens

Need to allow any application whether used in the cloud or on the cloud to show pop-up windows while in screen sharing mode. I load the app and can share on screen but if I open a sub-window (example Outlook open, then create new mail) the new mail pop-up window does not show on shared screen but initial outlook window does.

If I use outlook from the portal.office.com window it is not available when sharing my desktop at all.

80 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Video Zoom Controls on Mobile Phones

When doing a Teams Video from a mobile phone (Android Samsung S8) the picture in picture size looks good, however, the other Video Users explain that their view is overly zoomed in and all they can see are parts of the face etc.
    There needs to be a way to adjust this as it is not practical sitting so far away from the Phone itself as a workaround.
    Thanks

78 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base