Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Cannot use Bluetooth Headset with Microsoft Teams

When participating in a Teams conference on mobile (Apple iPhone) - Bluetooth devices stop working.

117 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

51 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. "There was a problem saving the photo. Please try again."

"There was a problem saving the photo. Please try again."

Error comes up after:

Teams > (click team) > More Options (. . .) > Manage Team > (hover team logo) > change team picture (edit button) > Upload Picture > (select file) > Upload

117 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

79 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Change location of pop-up notification when chatting in a document

The pop up notifications block the space where you are supposed to type when you are chatting on a document causing a major disturbance.

114 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

36 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Images keep disappearing in "Conversations". A fix to correct this issue and restore the data would be much appreciated

Images keep disappearing in "Conversations". A fix to correct this issue and restore the data would be much appreciated

110 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

52 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. iOS Notifications still seem to have issues

I can see a lot of posts about iOS notification bugs, and them apparently being fixed, but on my iPhone X with iOS 11 they have not worked for some time now.

I have now changed the settings from "When not active on desktop" to "always" and still have issues.

I often go into the app and see many conversations which should have sent me a notification.

My desktop app notification settings are attached.

I am missing vital messages due to this bug, so would like to see a fix.

107 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

40 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Can't share Excel application on macOS Catalina

I have found that not being able to share certain apps when I have Microsoft Teams MAC in full screen mode. This appears to be a known issue ?

106 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. TEAMS is THE WORST!

You forced the replacement of Skype for Business without having the same (even minimal) functionality available in Teams.

1.) There is no pop-out chat window for participating in multiple conversations at once.

2.) No easy way to see missed chats (flashing icon isn’t in real time or noticeable); No Outlook notifications of missed chat summary.

3.) No Chat summary auto-cataloged in Outlook Conversations

4.) Lack of searching of previous Conversations

5.) Lack of deletion of some Conversation parts

6.) Automatic minimalization of Team Meeting screen share when trying to access files or other content in Teams.

7.) Lack of tight…

98 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

96 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Fix the secondary ringer to actually work as set. I want ring on speakers, not headphones.

Please fix the secondary ringer to actually work as set. I want ring on speakers, not headphones. Alex says this feature is completed and released to public, but it doesn't work in Teams Version 1.3.00.3564 (32 bit) updated 03/23/20 running on Windows 7 Pro ESU.

I need to be able to have headphone output as system default audio device, and internal laptop PC speakers as primary comms device AND secondary ringer. Both Speaker and Secondary Ringer are set to "Speaker - Speakers / Headphones (Realtek Audio)". However, the secondary ringer settings are not being respected, and it ONLY rings on…

96 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Status getting changed from Available to Away automatically after 5 minutes of inactivity

The status is getting changed automatically to away after 5 mins of inactivity though my laptop is in working mode and I'm working in different things. Please let us change the status manually or please provide an 'Idle time set up option'.

93 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Stop Teams eligibility criteria removing blocked accounts from teams

When an account is blocked for sign in within the Admin portal, it is currently removed from the Teams the account is part of leaving a message in the General channel to this affect! The account is not removed from the underlying Group so removing the account from the Team is not only inconsistent, it creates a significant issue for us as we'll temporarily block accounts for a range of security reasons. Messages to team members that '*** has been removed from the Team' are incredibly unhelpful and cause damage to relationships within the organisation. Please fix this design flaw…

84 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Teams freezing during screen sharing

Screensharing during Teams conference meetings occaisonally causes the sharer's Teams to freeze lately. Have to restart computer to use Teams again.

82 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

46 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Activity Feed

Activity Feed - Only most recent (latest 2 weeks?) displayed in the activity feed.

I have noticed that in the Activity section you can only see the most recent information (something like the latest 2 weeks, I don't actually know the exact timeframe) if you filter by "Feed" or by "My Activity".

Nonetheless, if you filter by "Team Activity", you can see all the messages shared by the teams from the very creation of the Team. I think this is a good point that should be also applicable to Feed and My Activity in order to make easier to search…

82 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. HOW CAN I DELETE ENTIRE CHAT (NOT INDIVIDUAL MESSAGES)????

HOW CAN I DELETE ENTIRE CHAT (NOT INDIVIDUAL MESSAGES)????

76 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Unable to add in correct guest email address to MS Teams

Hi Suphatra,

I had deleted a guest from Teams because I've wrongly typed in the country code to his organisation email address.
    And when I want to add this guest in the Teams with his correct organization email address without the country code, MS Teams however keeps prompting me the old email address which I had deleted earlier. Hence I'm unable to add in this guest with his correct organization email address.

e.g.
    jason.tan@amadeus.com.sg (wrong email which I deleted)

jason.tan@amadeus.com (correct email which I'm unable to add)

Please help to rectify the issue.

Thanks

76 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. can't give control in Microsoft Teams because "hardware acceleration is disable"

Hi,
    something very strange in teams, I can't give control to the user, only to view.
    every time I try issue - because "hardware acceleration is disabled"
    but my "hardware acceleration" is enabled and before its work fine.
    my os - win10 1903 build -18362.239.
    intel hs Graphics 4000
    Lenovo 2191
    I check and no problem with the user in another laptop, its work fine.
    I check and I see only Lenovo laptop in my office is have the problem and with Thinkpad laptop its work.
    I also try to update the intel driver.

Someone maybe knows the problem?

73 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Bug: Email notifications not sending

Email notifications are not being sent. I’ve tried @ mentions, direct chat, and followed channels, on several accounts. I have my account set to receive Banner and Email notifications (see attached), but I have not received any email notifications in any of those cases.

73 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Teams does not use regional settings correctly

Teams overrides regional settings from Windows 10 and shows dates incorrectly. I want to use english UI because of international environment but correct local regional settings for dates, times etc. This is not possible now. Please fix so that Teams follows Windows 10 regional settings or that I can keep UI in english but regional settings correctly as in my country.

69 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. The Power BI integration does not allow you to export data from visuals

Export from visuals in reports does not trigger save or open in e.g. Excel.

68 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Call progress tones do not honor call device selection

When initiating a new call via Teams, The call progress tones (ringtone) plays through the default sound device instead of the users selected calling device.

This can cause confusion if the default sound device is muted whilst the user is wearing a headset as they have no feedback a call is in progress.

67 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Enable responding to specific messages in chat via desktop

When using chat on mobile, you are allowed to reply to a targeted message and when a user engages with this, it takes them to the original message responded to. Please enable this when using desktop

66 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base