Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. My app won't store my password and it keeps logging me out.

Should use Samsung pass to store password. It can shut down from running in the background but should not log me out so much so that I won't get any more notifications.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. tagging people are not showing up

I try to tag groups and they don't show up as quickly as they used to (you have to type the whole name for some of them before they show up)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Viewing older liked posts results in conversation not returning to most recent

If you go into "Activity" to see which post someone liked from earlier in a conversation, then every time you return to the conversation proper, it will go back up to that "liked" post, instead of the most recent post.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Invitation email with non-English group name should display correctly

We have a group which name contains non-English (Chinese) characters. The text of invitation email sent from this group is garbled, rather than showing the correct html format.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Invitation email with non-English group name should display correctly

We have a group which name contains non-English (Chinese) characters. The text of invitation email sent from this group is garbled, rather than showing the correct html format.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. toast stuck after unlock/resume.

If I received any messages while my surface was locked with keyboard closed, the toast for that msg gets stuck over the taskbar. Only the senders name is visible, most of the toast is off-screen. It does not auto-dismiss, and clicks on the 'x' don't do anything. Have to exit teams to fix.
    You can click on the taskbar and bring it to foreground, but part of the toast is still visible behind it. and clicking the toast brings it back to front.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Help Videos in app won't play

From the Help! icon in Microsoft teams App - when you try to play any of th em - say video formated not supported See attached screenshot

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Bug refresh counters

Windows App doesn't refresh counters on chat badge and don't remove highlight on person even if response is sent.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. There is an item in my activity feed for a team channel but the message does not appear in the team.

A message appeared in my activity feed for a team channel I'm subscribed to. When I look in the channel, I don't see the message anywhere. I tried restarting teams and marking the message as unread by neither had any affect.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Security flaw in Chats tab

EMERGENCY! There is a serious bug in Microsoft Teams! When I click on the tab for Chats under recent chats my password is displayed! This is a serious security issue.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Provide customer service that is worth the money that your customers are paying for your products.

After an auto update my surface will no longer turn on. It is one month out of warranty and the only option I received from your support team was to pay $700 for a new computer. I spent $1000 on a computer that lasted for a year and crashed because of your automatic update. The amount of times I was told that you can't help me is unreal. I will never purchase another Microsoft product again and I have been sharing my.experience with friends and family as well as on social media. I have also sent my issue with your…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Scroll Issue while tabs move out

When you’re using mobile, if you scroll up and then try to scroll down quickly it doesn’t work because the animation operation for the tabs is not yet complete (I.e. disabling scrolling during that period). As a user I should never not have the ability to scroll, so this make the interface feel broken.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Some new messages are not shown.

There have been company wide cases where messages are not shown or are shown very late.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. In the call, Clicking on Mute, doesn't reflect the same in other's screen

My team has shared screen with me. WHen I muted at my side, in my team mate's screen it is still showing unmute.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. call

You're trying your hardest. I'm sure you'll get it one day

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Overlap messages

Messages are overlapping in app on iPhone. I can’t read them and am missing things. Please fix it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Contact person disappears from chat overview (after message received or send)

Hi,
    There is one contact person with whom I chat on Teams, but the conversation disappears immediately every time I send a message or when she sends a message.
    The conversation disappears from the chat overview, like if we never talked before (or never sent that message).
    The discussion will appear 30 minutes later again in the chat overview (with all our messages from previous times).
    This happens every time we send a message.
    Not very handy...
    I don't have the issue with other contact persons.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Skype link vs Teams Link

I've seen in the past couple of installations since December 18, when you install Teams, it takes over as your default Meeting Link Provider and the only way I've found is to remove Teams and remove the Add-in from Outlook. I've seen 2 other instances of this happening across my org but unable to repeat it. Is it a bug or intended?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Be more like slack.... and also maybe don’t crash every **** time I try to use it on MacOS.

Have a stable and working app. That would be a great start, then work on the already millions of feature requests.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base