Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. When favorite group has only one entry, show it without having to click on group name

When a favorite group has more than one entry they are all shown. But when it has only a single entry it is not shown unless you click on the group name. Single entries should be shown automatically without having to click on group name.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make this feedback work in Chrome with 3. party cookies disabled

When trying to send a feedback, the checkbox to accept "Terms of service" is not visible.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Editing a Word document - cursor jumps to top of document when autosaving

The "edit in teams" feature is really quick user-hostile right now. I love the idea, but it's quite buggy. Many issues have already been reported, but I didn't see anything about the fact that after an auto-save, the cursor jumps to the top of the document. Oddly, it's not every time, but most. I experienced this on both Windows 10 and MacOS versions of the desktop Teams application, with all OS/App versions updated as of 2018/05/08.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Graphics error

Here is the situation:

I was using Teams for a video call with a coworker.
    My coworker was presenting his screen, but not using his webcam.
    I was using my webcam to show my face

I minimized the screen share presentation on my end to send a link in chat to said coworker.

My left monitor of my dual monitors flickered and went crazy.

Moved Teams to my right-side screen, performed the same steps, again my left monitor flickered and went crazy.

I have no other graphics issues, so I do not think the issue is anything as simple as…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Teams in Support and Recovery Assistant

I think it would be useful to add Team into SARA tool to be able to perform some troubleshooting. Now there is Skype for Business, but not Teams. As Teams will replace SfB one day, I think in makes sense to allow it in SARA.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. SECTION names in OneNote keep defaulting to FILE name!!!

My team and I created a shared OneNote file. We created a number of different SECTIONS within this file, and one or more PAGES in each section. When we made this OneNote file a "tab" in a Microsoft Team room, however, it began forcing all SECTION names (except for the first section) to be the FILE name. We've tried renaming every section (directly, using OneNote online, and using OneNote desktop app) and MS Teams still keeps overwriting these section names. We really need a solution for this (apparent) bug!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. User Picture: Pictures are Associated with Wrong User

A chat was displaying the correct picture for a user, but now displays the picture for a different user entirely (was chatting with a male coworker but now the picture is a female coworker). It was a group chat, so the "split" image that appears on the group chat still shows the original user's picture, but today, we see the other picture.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Onenote doesn't work with Teams - Mac

I can't write anything in a OneNote within the Teams app. Only if i open it in OneNote. It would be nice to have this bug (?) fixed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Problem with files within teams for iOS

When using iOS Teams, and accessing files within teams, the ‘x’ doesn’t close a file that’s been opened and users have to go back via Teams In L menu - ? Needs fixing.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Fix the view when unsaving items

When I go to my list of Saved items and start unsaving them as I mark them done or not relevant anymore, the list on the left no longer matches up with the body of the conversation/chat on the right. I have to click out of Saved items and go back in.

This was working fine until I think the April release and got broken around that time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I suppose I won't be unique if say that Teams are UNBEARABLE sloooooow...

@Microsoft, guys, what's wrong with you?! How could you create such a piece of ...? You have got so many really good products in the past and now - this! Why switching between chats takes 2 seconds? My IRC client from 1995 worked faster than this! Why i can't disable camera and it switches on automatically when I answer the call? I feel myself like a Snowden and have to cover my camera with a sticker to avoid accidental video call! Do you think that's funny? No, it is NOT. And finally, Why this JUST CHAT CLIENT takes over 500Mb…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Wiki bullet point editing bug

The wiki has a bug that makes deleting text within a bullet frustrating. To replicate.

1. Create multiple sections with bullet points in each section
    2. Type sentences in each section
    3. With focus in one section, highlight a few words from a bullet point in another section and try to delete.

It wont allow a delete even though the text is highlighted. Even if you deselect the text by clicking in the word and press delete to delete one letter at a time, wont work. You have to click out of the section, click back in by placing a…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Doing right click on anyplace where i am typing causes Teams to shut down

Faced this issue on right clicking in "Name" field while creating a channel. Same thing happened when right clicked in a chat message.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Creation of a channel

When I create a new channel, if user clients have already opened Microsoft Teams, the channel becomes favorite for the users after few seconds

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. One-Note Bulleted and Numbered Lists Error

When typing/creating numbered and bulleted lists in Notes/OneNote using enter key to change which level of the list you are under does not work. This works fine in full onenote and if you open your notes in onenote to type them it works fine. This is only an issue in the embedded OneNote editor.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Open files saved in Teams locally doesn't work

trying to open files in local Excel doesn't work. I get question displayed that I need to choose local app where it should be opened but Excel is not in the list?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. on the gif search, when i search 'racoon' nothing comes up. i have to search 'racoons.' Please fix.

fix gif searches so they recognize cats is similar to cat, and raccoon is similar to raccoons.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. When openig Planner form Teams, "Group by plan" option is selected but instead it is grouped by progress

Open Planner from
    Teams > sidebar > more > planner
    It says it is grouped by plan, but instead it is grouped by progress

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.