Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Unable to open TEL: URL in Teams

When using an adaptive card with a TEL: url in one of the actions, it will not allow Teams to call that number. If you put this number in a browser, it will open Teams without any issue.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 2 factor sign out issue

I use 2FA, I changed my phone and haven't setup the app yet so I'm using the text service to get codes. Basically every day I'm being logged out of both teams and outlook and have to reauth. It's a pain

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Error accessing as a guest in Microsoft Teams

I can't access an organization using microsoft teams client and browser The funniest thing is that accessing via mobile I can.

A collaborator usually accesses via client.

Already removed the client, but still the same thing.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. On Screen Button (Active/Deactive)

On screen buttons are not getting changed as per the headsets keys(Mute/Unmute) though functionally it's working as expected.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Unable to view the profile image in Outlook if changing Teams setting

If User A signs in to Teams app and checks Register Teams as the chat app for Office checkbox, the profile image of User A, which is set in Azure AD (including Azure AD synced with on-premises Active Directory), is not shown in Outlook. So, we strongly would like to ask the image would be shown correctly.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Hello Team, Till last few days Team has Option To open Excel file in "Excel Online Version" now it is not available.Could that be restored

Hello Team, Till last few days Team has Option To open Excel file in "Excel Online Version" now it is not available.Could that be restored

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. footnotes bug using browser version of Word to collaborate

There is a major bug with footnotes. Twice my team had to recover the document they were working on using an old version simply because footnotes corrupted the working file. I am not exactly sure why adding footnotes does this but we have added the file for you guys to look at if you wish. Also a snip showing the error that comes up in Word. Also a snip showing the error in Teams. Word does attempt to fix the file, but the footnotes are all mixed up after the fact.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Teams app policy for Forms doesn't link to Forms

Have created a Teams app policy that pins Planner, OneNote, and Forms to the app bar. Forms only links to a page 'Have private conversations', with a link to a how to video. In the browser, it shows a conversation page with the Forms Bot. Personally, I think it should link to a page that displays your forms, like forms.office.com

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Bug cannot see screen share in app after switching to view participants or enter chat

I have noticed that while joining a teams meeting via mobile teams app from iPhone that when someone is doing a screen share I see it fine until I switch to the participant list to see who all is on the call or I use chat to message someone. When I go back to the meeting so to speak I am no longer able to see the persons screen. When asked they are still sharing, I am just not able to see from app. I have to disconnect from meeting and rejoin to see screen share again.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Get rid of the ******* popup everytime I login to Windows, or better again, ask me before installing useless muck on *MY* PC

Get rid of the ***** popup everytime I login to Windows, or better again, ask me before installing useless muck on MY PC

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Everyday I have to restart Teams on my Mac in order for anything to load or connect. This is super frustrating. Please login automatically

Everyday I have to restart Teams on my Mac in order for anything to load or connect. This is super frustrating. Please have the app figure out how to reconnect and login. Sometimes I don't even realize I have to restart until I notice I haven't received notifications. By that time I can be very late to responding to people.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. No massage when TEAM Phone Caller is busy

If i call someone and this a caller is busy on phone i just recieve a message something like "The call is abandoned" or the call will be closed" but no notice about theat his line is busy.

Better is to end this call with the message "Caller is busy"

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Fix broken Issue with Missed messages

If you use Teams both on a mobile device (iOS for me) and a desktop, AND you have a mobile workstyle (you work at various home, office and public WiFi situations), there is a problem with messages going undetected. Here is the use case:

1. Work with Teams desktop version at WiFi location "A". Finish for the day and close laptop.

2. While in transition, or at home, follow/participate in communications using teams on your mobile device

3. Open Teams desktop version at WiFi location "B"

4. Someone sends you a text on Teams
      EXPECTED: The message comes up for me on both on…
    1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Can't configure or remove SharePoint News connector.

I've added the SharePoint News connector but now I can't configure or remove it.

The screenshot attached shows the 'page' that is displayed when I click the configure button.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. corrupted screen while viewing shared desktop

While viewing another user's shared desktop screen the display is frequently corrupted over slower network connections. (the problem is more frequent over slow corporate VPN) It appears as if data is lost while receiving the screen changes. (see attached example) The display eventually clears up but it can take minutes. No action that I take in Teams is able to force a refresh of the screen.

1) It would be very helpful to to have a way to force a refresh of a shared desktop screen when this corruption occurs.

2) It would be even more helpful for Teams to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Message display bug

When someone sends you message on Teams, even if you have read that message, the status of that message remains "Unread". This is a bug.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Excel viewer should always open to show the first few columns

Why when I open an Excel file with the Teams viewer are columns A through J automatically hidden? And also rows 2 through 6 are hidden. When I open the same file in Excel everything is visible. This is very repeatable. There are TOO MANY user interface surprises that Microsoft should have already fixed with Teams.

This bug cost us time on a conference call when no one could find the data, which was "hidden" in the columns. We all thought the file was empty.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Screen sharing remote control bug

If user1 shares her screen with user2, and user2 requests control, there is no problem. If user2 shares screen with user1, and clicks on the Give control button at the top, there is an issue. The area directly under the "so and so has control" box is unusable by user2. I tried drawing with paint in this area, but could not from user1's computer. It seems like within this invisible box, there is something in the way. If anything is within this area I cannot click on it. For example, in the 2nd screenshot, I cannot click on the close…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base