Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. notification and loading screen reappear

When I plug in an external monitor through HDMI, the most recent notification I received reappears as well as Teams' initial loading screen.

In this state the only way to remedy the issue is to fully close teams and reopen.

Additionally, it may be helpful to know that my external monitor is 4K (Dell S2817Q) on a Dell XPS 15

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Empty notifications from the Twitter Connector

After configuration of the Twitter connector on a channel, I received some of the notifications empty in the desktop app. It appears in the notifications thread but without any content (see in attachment).
    Version is in the capture.
    It works well in the web application.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Error when trying to open OneNote in Teams desktop

I am a guest on a Team and get an error when trying to click on the onenote tab:
    Failed to execute getToken request textstatus:parsererror errorThrown:SyntaxError: Unexpected token < in JSoN at position 0

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Fall Creators Update causing problems with MsTest running with remote test agent

I noticed that after installing the Windows 10 Fall Creator's Update (upgrading .NET 4.7 to 4.7.1) I can no longer run tests in visual studio using MsTest that run on a remote test agent (VM) using test controller/agent.

The specific generic error is:
    Unit Test Adapter threw exception: Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.

Upon increasing verbosity of the logs I was not able to figure out any useful detail that explains this problem - However some of my research leaves me thoerize it might have something to do…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. settings

I can't change the member permissions on a team. I try to check one of the boxes but it then unchecks itself and says An error occurred while changing the permissions

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Team's Email not working

When I click the three dots next to the team name, a pull down menu pop's up, and there is a button that says "get email address" which is an option to email direct to the teams channel, this is not working, I have been getting a message saying "we're still setting up your team" for two weeks now,

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Not able to create channel, we are stuck since last few days !

We are not able to create new channel since last few days , and we are totally stuck and having all our conversation in one channel that was already existing ! this is flooding that channel and we are loosing track what was recently discussed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. One way audio quality issues iOS and Plantronics

When using Teams iOS client and Plantronics Voyager 5200, there is a one-way call quality issues. Listening to others with the headset has no issue, but the reverse is consistently a problem as anyone trying to listen to someone who is using this headset can barely hear them. This has been consistent over many releases of the Teams iOS client and confirmed with many others who are using this headset. These issues do not exist when using Skype for Business iOS client.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Typing not ALL sent to remote control - intercepted in Teams

Windows client - remove control a client.
    Try and remotely type: telnet localhost

When 'c' pressed, LOCALLY intercepted and focus moves to Team CHAT window.

When in Remote Control short cut buttons should be disabled.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Mobile app - trying to attach a video to the chat - crashes the app

Open the mobile app
    During a chat
    Add an Mp4 file as an attachment

Notice app crash

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Language setting change not working and crashing

When changing Language setting (From EN-UK to FR-FR for ex) the user interface is updated to new language but not spelling dictionary that stays on original language.
    It can even crash when right-clicking on underlined words.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add e.g. a scrollbar to the settings dialog

In the settings dialog, for the notification section, some of the combo box list entries are hardly accessible. This e.g. applies to the German version of team (which I tested).

Please see the attached word document, where I have detailled the problem and inserted screenshots.

Thank you,
    Mourad

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. WebDav

We have an enterprise Web App that implements WebDAV to access Office documents. Whenever Microsoft Teams is running, opening a document takes an extra 30 seconds or so. Whenever we quick Teams, this problem goes away. How can we trouble shoot this issue. Our App has been around for over a decade and we've never run into this problem before.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Bug: Mobile and Desktop Presence and incoming call

If I am signed in on my Android Phone and my Laptop and someones uses Teams to initiate a call it will ring both devices, which is great, but if I answer on the Laptop it keeps ringing on the Phone and will not join the call via the Laptop. If I pick up via the phone too and then hang up the Laptop call with finish connecting.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Button to Refresh this Form after Submitting Idea

After submitting an idea within this form, my idea is displayed and there is no way to refresh to get back to this form again. Adding a refresh button (could be "Return to Input Form", "Add New Idea"...). I had to click onto another tab, then click back on the User Voice tab to get back to the input form.

What is this form called? User Idea, Issue Report... I would call it an Issue Report, then it is validated for the Issue Type (pick List text box above this text box) i.e. is it truly a bug (software defect),…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Vote Button on User Voice Form

When I click on the vote button, it ask me to enter my Email address. This should automatically populate the email with the users logged in email address verses manually inputting the email address.

Also there is a text box under this text box for entering an email and it is also a manual entry of the email address; should be automatically pulled from user login, yet could allow over write capability. Not sure what this does? Is this required for a purpose, or can the text box be removed? It required me to input my email before I could…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Fatal error on launch

I just got a new laptop. I installed Teams on it, and it was working fine yesterday, but today the app crashes whenever I try to launch it. What is going on?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Edit Ability with This Form

Currently I am not seeing an ability to be able to edit this User Voice Post. Can you add the capability to enable an edit function for User Voice Submitted item post?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. quit crashing, or auto updating, or whatever it's doing that pulls the focus away from the application that I'm using.

It's a background messaging app. If I'm typing in another window, and your app interrupts that, you've failed.
    I'm going to delete it, run teams in a browser window. At least that way your app cannot make my workday more difficult.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Problem with Logitech c930e - Teams crashing on video call

Teams keeps crashing when attempting to initalize a video call with a Logitech c930e on both client sides (call initiator and call recipient) - if one side has another camera, everything works fine again. The setup with two c930e worked over six months without any issues, crashes began about a month ago.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.