Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Fix Teams so it stops automatically scrolling UP in chat

This is obviously a bug and seems to occur in the current build. When you're typing and the text entry field expands (due to number of characters typed, a big copy/paste, or Shift+Enter), the chat window scrolls up between 1-4 pages.

102 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

36 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. clean up deleted conversations

When a conversation is deleted, it should be removed from the thread. If the conversation is a top level conversation, there's nothing more confusing than to see replies and nothing to put them in context.

97 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. iOS 13 Beta stopped receiving notifications

On the latest iOS 13 Beta I’ve stopped receiving notifications

75 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. High CPU Time, Memory, and Disk Reads/Writes

My computer uptime is 1 week, and your Teams electron app has been running the whole time. In that week 3 Teams processes have cumulatively done:

* over 12 hours of CPU Time (on a quad core i5-7600K)
    * using 1.2 GB of RAM
    * 312GB of IO reads (!!!)
    * 280GB of IO writes (! what?!)

Attached is a screenshot of my Task Manager. Again, this was in a single week (at most) of usage.

I have an i5-7600K, running Windows 10 build 1709 (16299.492) with latest updates.
    According to Teams I'm running version 1.1.00.17553 (64-bit). It was last…

72 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Chat pop up need

Chat pop up

58 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. volume

Since the update during the week of May 7, 2018, every time I join a meeting, my system volume gets adjusted to be extremely high, which is highly uncomfortable with headphones.

Previously, the volume wasn't adjusted at all. Please restore it to this state.

57 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Stop scrolling while I type a message.

When I am typing a message, whether in chat or channel, the conversation window scrolls up for as long as I'm typing for. A message this long will scroll up a few dozen lines, while a much longer message will scroll to the beginning of the conversation.

55 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  Suphatra responded

This year-old bug has popped back up, as some of you may have noticed.

It is only affecting users who are scrolled at 85%. If you are experiencing this, please send me user logs so the team can crush this bug!

Thank you :-)
    Suphatra

8. Status not maintained in MS Teams

The status is not maintained in the MS Teams. If I choose my status to be Do not disturt, it automatically changes to be Online or Away. And most of the time I have to struggle to change my status change in effect.

Also, we have noticed that our Teams statuses are consistently incorrect. Even when some team members are active in Teams they are shown as "away" or "offline". For example, although I can see that my status is "active", my colleagues see my status as "offline".

Can you please fix these bugs?

54 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Activity Feed

Activity Feed - Only most recent (latest 2 weeks?) displayed in the activity feed.

I have noticed that in the Activity section you can only see the most recent information (something like the latest 2 weeks, I don't actually know the exact timeframe) if you filter by "Feed" or by "My Activity".

Nonetheless, if you filter by "Team Activity", you can see all the messages shared by the teams from the very creation of the Team. I think this is a good point that should be also applicable to Feed and My Activity in order to make easier to search…

54 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Audio calls stopped working in Google Chrome

Audio calls stopped working in Google Chrome. MS Teams is reporting that I need to use different browser:

"Try a different browser
    This feature isn’t available yet for your browser. Try the web app with Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome, or switch to the desktop app."

Version 71.0.3578.80 (Official Build) Arch Linux (64-bit)

49 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Can't delete automatically generated conversation entry for a meeting recording

After recording a channel meeting, an entry with a link to the Stream video gets posted in the conversations. I can't/couldn't find a way to delete that conversation entry.

I can delete the video in Stream, but can't get rid of the conversation entry in the Teams channel.

Team is set to "owners can delete all messages" and I'm a team owner.

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add person to private chat with chat history options not working consistently - working for some chats and not others

Add person to private chat with chat history options not working consistently - drop down menu working for some chats and not others.

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Deployment

Microsoft - What is wrong with you!?
    Release a .exe file to the public and let the enterprise figure out how to deploy it?
    Why is there no Windows installer (*.msi)
    Why isn't the Windows app in Microsoft Store?
    Why isn't there a click-to-run.exe files like all other Office applications?
    Why doesn't it follow channel updates like other Office programs (like Monthly or Broad)?

Remove Microsoft Teams from the public and re-do-it correct. This isn't a playground!

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Linking a Specific folder on O365 Sharepoint - not working

when adding a sharepoint as a tab it does let you add a sharepoint link which means you can specify a particular folder or file, rather than add the whole library.

when entering this link it does recognise it but click on it does not do nothing and you are forced to click NEXT, on the next page it only gives you the libraries that are available but ther is no way to assign a folder within that library.

is there another way or is this feature not avaible?

thanks

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Clicking on a OneNote file result after performing a search returns "Sorry, we couldn't find your file."

I can navigate to the notebook via the OneNote tab, I just can't open it from the search results.

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Jabra Pro Headphones Bluetooth compatibility - Mircosoft Teams Calls

Jabra Pro Headphones Bluetooth compatibility - Mircosoft Teams Calls

Multiple individuals have reported poor quality calls or dropped calls when using any bluetooth headset (especially Jabra brand)

I haven't personally done extensive testing but more than 500 users have reported this since using teams back in March. Skype works fine and the headsets work fine outside of Teams.

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Delete a Forms Poll

At the moment it is not possible to delete a Forms poll in a channel conversation. I think when I delete my post, the poll should be deleted as well or at least the user should be allowed to delete the poll separately.

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. The Power BI integration does not allow you to export data from visuals

Export from visuals in reports does not trigger save or open in e.g. Excel.

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Make it like slack. Infact just buy slack. Your alternative products are never as good as the competitors

Make it like slack. Infact just buy slack. Your alternative products are never as good as the competitors

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Bug: Email notifications not sending

Email notifications are not being sent. I’ve tried @ mentions, direct chat, and followed channels, on several accounts. I have my account set to receive Banner and Email notifications (see attached), but I have not received any email notifications in any of those cases.

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 112 113
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.