Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Screen Sharing with 3440 x 1440 Resolution shows as a black screen

Screen Share with recent Teams build for 3440 x 1440 resolution shows a black screen. Perhaps add an ability to see resolution or zoom or select what needs to be shared with the user.

602 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

253 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for providing this feedback. We are sorry you are experiencing this issue, and are working on a fix.

This issue is specific to screen (desktop) sharing scenario and for 3440×1440 resolution specifically. In the meantime, please try using either ‘application sharing’, or change your resolution to a higher or lower resolution for screen sharing.

I will update when the fix is available. Thanks.

2. Delete a Forms Poll

At the moment it is not possible to delete a Forms poll in a channel conversation. I think when I delete my post, the poll should be deleted as well or at least the user should be allowed to delete the poll separately.

540 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

113 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. clean up deleted conversations

When a conversation is deleted, it should be removed from the thread. If the conversation is a top level conversation, there's nothing more confusing than to see replies and nothing to put them in context.

329 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Fix Teams so it stops automatically scrolling UP in chat

This is obviously a bug and seems to occur in the current build. When you're typing and the text entry field expands (due to number of characters typed, a big copy/paste, or Shift+Enter), the chat window scrolls up between 1-4 pages.

162 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

42 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. volume

Since the update during the week of May 7, 2018, every time I join a meeting, my system volume gets adjusted to be extremely high, which is highly uncomfortable with headphones.

Previously, the volume wasn't adjusted at all. Please restore it to this state.

153 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

72 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. provide delete chat functionality. Its anoying that we can't delete the chat.

Please provide delete chat functionality. Its anoying that we can't delete the chat.

148 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Please allow delete to chat history

There is no option to delete chat history.. Could yo please provide option to delete chat.

140 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add person to private chat with chat history options not working consistently - working for some chats and not others

Add person to private chat with chat history options not working consistently - drop down menu working for some chats and not others.

133 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Contact Group Issue in TEAM Chat

I have created several contact lists for various groups. I cannot figure out how to start a chat / send a message to individual GROUPS / Contacts. Please fix this as I would think the point of creating a Contact list is to enable users to quickly and easily send messages to a select group of people.

125 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Linked workbooks in Excel

I have created an Excel workbook that is linked to 10 other workbooks in the same Team. They are all saved within the Team's filing structure. When one of the linked books is opened, an error stating 'Links Disabled: Links to external workbooks are not supported and have been disabled.'
    I am trying to encourage my workplace to move over to using Teams as our primary file sharing platform, but this is a major issue and will halt that progress.

125 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. During the Team Tuesdays meetings, I cannot see the Chat icon

During the Team Tuesdays meetings, I cannot see the Chat icon on the top right of the Teams screen (see photo). This means that I cannot see any Chats, nor can I see anything the Presenter posts to the Chat (e.g., a link to further details on the Topic she's discussing).

I'm using Office 365 Teams - paid version.

119 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

41 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. SharePoint News connector problem

The SharePoint News Connector (sometimes) does not publish a post when a new SharePoint news is published. We have tried waiting for 24 hours without any post showing up. When we republish the news post, a post is created in the channel. Is there anything we can do to fix this behaviour?

115 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Dear MS Teams, Please provide delete chat functionality. Its anoying that we can't delete the chat.

Please provide a way to delete the chat. An individual message or entire chat with group or individual.

113 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Stop scrolling while I type a message.

When I am typing a message, whether in chat or channel, the conversation window scrolls up for as long as I'm typing for. A message this long will scroll up a few dozen lines, while a much longer message will scroll to the beginning of the conversation.

105 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

37 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  Suphatra responded

This year-old bug has popped back up, as some of you may have noticed.

It is only affecting users who are scrolled at 85%. If you are experiencing this, please send me user logs so the team can crush this bug!

Thank you :-)
    Suphatra

15. Status not maintained in MS Teams

The status is not maintained in the MS Teams. If I choose my status to be Do not disturt, it automatically changes to be Online or Away. And most of the time I have to struggle to change my status change in effect.

Also, we have noticed that our Teams statuses are consistently incorrect. Even when some team members are active in Teams they are shown as "away" or "offline". For example, although I can see that my status is "active", my colleagues see my status as "offline".

Can you please fix these bugs?

104 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Search Functionality is not working as expected

Search functionality is not working. I was trying to find a conversation related to a word "FNTS" in one of our channel and the search yielded no result. We manually could scroll and find references to it, but the search showed zero results. This prompted us to probe more and we searched using a few more words and at times it gave some results but not all. This seems to be really buggy.. Is this something that you are trying to fix? I have championed the move from SLACK to TEAMS and am getting a lot of grief from some…

102 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Can't delete automatically generated conversation entry for a meeting recording

After recording a channel meeting, an entry with a link to the Stream video gets posted in the conversations. I can't/couldn't find a way to delete that conversation entry.

I can delete the video in Stream, but can't get rid of the conversation entry in the Teams channel.

Team is set to "owners can delete all messages" and I'm a team owner.

94 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. out of office incorrect

Teams says that a user is out of office days after the user has turned off this in Outlook. All other Office 365 systems correctly reflects this, but not Teams

91 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Bose Bluetooth headphones keeps dropping during meeting

Almost every meeting I attend on Microsoft Teams forces my Bose wireless headphones to disconnect during the meeting on my 2016 Macbook pro. Not only does it disconnect, but it unmutes my speakers on the Macbook so everyone in the office can hear what's happening in the meeting. It only happens on Teams and is really rather unacceptable. I avoid teams as much as possible as a result.

87 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

62 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Can't share Excel application on macOS Catalina

I have found that not being able to share certain apps when I have Microsoft Teams MAC in full screen mode. This appears to be a known issue ?

85 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 132 133
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base