Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. When pressing Alt + E

When pressing Alt + E to search for college. On direct hit so would it be nice to get that user first so I can just press enter. Now "Search (More)" is appearing first so I have to arrow down to the college I wanted to chat with.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Kick your development team **********

How is it you can release a commercial product that has wiki functionality and yet your search does not cover wiki pages properly.

Utterly stupid or magnificently arrogant.

Pick one.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Sorting by names like MS outlook will help in identifying messages by person in Chat section

Like mails, sorting by names of persons in Chat section will help identifying messages quickly.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. comtence

Hi,
    Just a quick suggestion as we have decided to go all-in on Teams in my company, which means leaving our SharePoint Intranet platform as well.

I was just considering if, Microsoft is planning to visualize competences on user profiles better in teams than it is today - it would be great. I was just thinking about a situation where I receive a call and in a hurry must find a ressource with this competence

Today:
    Search for user in team > I see basic information like address; phone number, etc. No competences.

If Microsoft is planning to use Teams…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add search engine in office 365

For example when the conversation is very long or there is many files in some teams, it would be very usefull to have search engine to find the thing you want to find.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. About prediction display during search

Deleted users are displayed in the prediction view when searching.

This behavior confuses the user.

If you want to delete a user, change it so that it doesn't appear in the prediction view when searching.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Text search option on individual chat or on a group chat

Search options are very limited and not very helpful. Please allow to search a text in respective chatbox or respective group. Similar to how whatsapp is integrated.
    We are using Teams as a centralized chat option in our organization and its really difficult to search and traceback some of the information.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. List of people with the app

Is there a way to have or to see a list of all the people in the company that have the teams app on installed?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Search Messages by User Profile Property

My customer (in GCC) is a large agency with multiple locations. The BAs at each location would like to be able to search for all messages across al teams by users at their location in, say, the past day to ensure all needs are being met. Their location is a profile property. Please add the capability to perform a global advanced search for messages where a user property matches given text (wildcard). Alternatively, perform a global advanced search for messages where a user is in a given O365 Group or Security Group. They have security groups which have all location…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Get a better feedback system. This is total rubbish.

This is a waste of space. I come to this site to help and it is a maelstrom of mess. I won’t be back.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Searching team members with their designation

In a huge Organization usually, there is a lot of hiring and many people leave often. there is a rotation of people changing their designations every now and then. Hence, if a person/ team member can be searched by her/his designation, it will be a lot easier to find team members.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Expand the highlighted message from search results

1. search for a string found in a long message
    2. find message in messages tab
    3. click message
    4. see message collapsed in conversations tab

This happened to me, while looking for a URL, I couldn’t tell I was looking at the right message because the message it was in was collapsed.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Filter recent contact under the Chats>Recent Tab

Chats>Recent Tab, it would be very efficient to have a filter to search/filter as you type the recent contacts you had a conversation with!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Include hidden conversations in search results

After hiding a conversation, Search does not get results from that conversation. Please add a toggle or setting to allow us to search across hidden posts.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Copy To Function Searching

When moving a file or folder location from team structure to team structure or sharepoint to sharepoint allow for Searching in the side bar, and sort teams by number/name instead of just randomly.

See the attached photo.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Highlight search results in the MS Teams file viewer

The search function in Teams is great, but I would like Teams to highlight search results not only in chats or conversations but also in the files tab. Currently, when searching for a term, it will find all files (docx, pdf, etc...) that include this term somewhere in the file, but one has to open each file manually in its application and use CRTL+F to actually find the term within the file.

It would be great to have all mentions of the search term highlighted in the file viewer directly in teams. Possibly with a little bar, allowing to jump…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I want to search a file provided in private chat

Currently, I cannot search a file provided in private chat.
    The search area seems only "Teams" and excepted private chat.
    We sometimes upload files through both Team and private chat, so please expand the search area of Teams APP to private chat files.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. when will wiki articles be searchable?

I have a lot of content stored in wiki articles in teams and it is extremely difficult for other users to find the content they want. It's very hard to believe this has not been built into the top search function in teams.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Show entire conversation on with search results

Currently when you search for older messages and select a result Teams will only return the one result. If it's a conversation from 3 months ago where I only know a handful of words I really am looking for some context, and showing the surrounding messages (like slack or discord) would help a ton.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. User search by SMTP address when accessing externally. View external users as user names.

Enable search for external users by SMTP address in Teams for the external access. Currently, you have to search external users by UPN for the external access.

Also, I would like to view external users to be user names (or specifying optional names). Currently, you can see external users as UPN so that you cannot identify user name when starting chat with external users.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.