Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. double-quoted string search function

I'd like to search with following keywords
    yammer teams
    By doing it, the search result will show the posts including both yammer and teams

But to search with Yammer[sp]Teams, many search engine provides such function by letting user by double quoting the search keywords.
    I'd like you to provide such function.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. First name search should return last name, first name in last name alphabetical order

In people search, First name search should return first - anyone I've texted with previously, then by last name, first name in last name alphabetical order. Right now it's returning in a seemingly random order.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add search operators

add search operators to teams, quotes, minus, AND, OR, in (team/channel), etc.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I want to be able to select whether to apply the Exchange address book policy on a domain basis

Since it is controlled by domain, I want the administrator to be able to set whether to apply the Exchange address book policy.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Please implement a feature that can display and output a list of past thread titles using Team, channel, thread subject, and sender paramete

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    Teamsの検索条件として引数でTeam、チャネル、スレッド件名、発信者がで過去のスレッドタイトルの一覧を表示・出力できる機能を実装していほしい。
    Please implement a feature that can display and output a list of past thread titles using Team, channel, thread subject, and sender parameters as Teams search conditions

■Description(内容):
    過去の会話を検索するとチャットや、他のチャネルでの記録も検索されて、ピンポイントで該当の会話にたどり着けないため、Teamsの検索条件として引数でTeam、チャネル、スレッド件名、発信者がで過去のスレッドタイトルの一覧を表示・出力できる機能を実装していほしい。
    When a search is done on past conversations, records of chat and other channels are searched as well, which makes it hard to find the exact conversation. Thus we hope that a feature that can display and output a list of past thread titles using Team, channel, thread subject, and sender parameters as Teams search conditions will be implemented.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Search using a full email address for users not included in Address Book Policy (APB)

■Title(件名):
    アドレス帳ポリシー(ABP)適用範囲外のユーザーの検索結果について
    Search using a full email address for users not included in Address Book Policy (APB)

■Description(内容):
    以前は、アドレス帳ポリシー(ABP)適用範囲外のユーザーは、フルアドレス入力することで、検索およびチャット・チーム追加などが可能であったが、現在は動作が変更され、フルアドレス入力での検索ができなくなっている。
    自テナントでは、フルアドレス入力での検索が必要なため、動作が変更となったことに非常に不便を感じています。
    今後、アドレス帳ポリシー(ABP) の設定または、Teams 管理センターなどでフルアドレス入力での検索のオン・オフを切り替えられる機能の実装を希望します。
    In the past, users that were not included in the Address Book Policy (APB) could input a full email address for searching and adding chats/teams, but that has now been changed; users cannot enter a full email address to do searching anymore.
    In our tenant, we need to enter a full email address for searching, so we feel very inconvenienced by this change.
    Thus we hope that a feature to enable/disable full email address…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. About analytics and reporting

I want to be able to download daily data on the Microsoft Teams analytics and reporting

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. There is no way to differenciate between posted messages, edited messages, deleted messages, deleted files etc when doing a contents search

■Title(件名):
    コンテンツ検索でチャット履歴を検索する際、削除したメッセージ・編集したメッセージ・混ざって表示されてしまい分かりにくい
    There is no way to differenciate between posted messages, edited messages, deleted messages, deleted files etc when doing a contents search

■Description(内容):
    現在、コンテンツ検索でチャットメッセージを検索した場合は、投稿されたメッセージ、編集されたメッセージ、削除されたメッセージ、削除されたファイル等の、情報が見分けがつかない状態で混在している。

メッセージの削除、編集や、ファイルの削除等のイベントが、明確に区別できる形でコンテンツ検索の結果を表示、エクスポートできるように希望する。​
    If contents search is used to look for chat messages, everything is shown and there is no way to differenciate between posted messages, edited messages, deleted messages, deleted files etc.

Thus I hope a way to to differenciate and export the search results displayed will be implemented.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. User search suggestions extension

Search for users to see suggestions.
    If you only know your last name, you want to find that user from the candidate.
    However, this feature only displays 20 people.
    If there are many candidates, they will be missed and cannot be contacted.
    I'd like to see an extension to show more than 20 users.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Display the department name when adding a member

There is not enough information when adding a member to the team.
    The title is displayed, but the department name is not displayed.
    When searching, it is inconvenient.
    I hope that the department name is also displayed.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. include more Active directory information

include active directory information in the search.
    like location, so if I type a city it will show all the members in that city.
    also include the other fields of information from active directory in the contact space, like cell phone numbers

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Enable eDiscovery to search chats and files which have been edited or deleted

We currently cannot audit chats and files which have been deleted or edited in Microsoft Teams unless we enable the retention policy. It would be great if we could use eDiscovery function to search them without using the retention policy.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow Hybrid configuration to support Teams scoped directory search

■Title(件名):
    Teams でのユーザー検索の制限について
    Allow Hybrid configuration to support Teams scoped directory search

■Description(内容):
    Teams 内の個人チャットなどにおいて、ユーザー検索を制限したいが以下参考情報に記載があるようにハイブリッド環境では現在サポートされない状況です。
    https://docs.microsoft.com/ja-jp/microsoftteams/teams-scoped-directory-search

ハイブリッド環境においてもユーザー検索を制限する方法の提供もしくは機能の拡充を希望いたします。

According to this article, scoping user search is not supported in the Hybrid configuration.
    https://docs.microsoft.com/ja-jp/microsoftteams/teams-scoped-directory-search

We would like to see the feature to restrict user search in private chat at Teams for the Hybrid configuration as well.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Search text within in-line chat image

When images with text in them are posted to a channel or thread within a channel it would be nice if they could be indexed and thus searchable.

Images are currently searchable if they are added as files within a MS teams channel, just not if they are pasted in as in-line images.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Search email from Teams

I would like to search email(outlook) from Teams. Maybe as another search results tab like "files" or "People."
    As we transition away from email I regularly encounter situations where I have to refer to an old email or deal with the occasional colleague who still emails information. Being able to search on that info in one place, Teams, would be awesome.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow users to search people only by email address at Microsoft Teams

■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams のユーザー検索の制御について
    Allow users to search people only by email address at Microsoft Teams

■Description(内容):
    Microsoft Teams のユーザー検索において、ユーザーの表示名による検索を制限し、メール アドレスの入力による検索のみ可能とする機能の追加を希望します。

At Microsoft Teams, I would like to see the feature to restrict user searching by display name and allow users to search only by email address.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. After search for a document in teams, show the folder it lives in and allow direct access to its link

After search, for files, in Teams, one can see the list of results, but 1 a) one can not find out where (in which team/channel/folder) the found document lives.
    b) one can not get a URL link to the document (and since it is not possible to see where the document lives, can't even get it indirectly.

Currently the workaround it so open the document, save as, and from save as see where it is proposed to be saved.

Often we search because we need to tell someone else where to find the information and the above fixes will help…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Make search filters icon more accessible

Once you hit enter on a search, a filter icon appears on the search results tab. That filter icon exposes many filtering parameters but they are not in an intuitive/visible spot. Instead of hiding that beautiful search feature, put it on the right side of the search bar so that people can find it easily. Also, most people think that the search feature does not have filters at all. This will solve a lot of the results in the "search ideas" here

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. filter

Moving over to Teams from the Conversation History in Skype I have lost the ability to search my chat history my date. I see the capability of filtering based on date, but you can't enter a specific date. The filter option also seems to require you searching for something first.

I would like to see the search be modified to include an option to search by date, or the filter option be available without searching for something first.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Highlight and right click a word and have web search option

In Slack if you highlight a word and right click you have option to search Google, please add similar feature w/ Google or Bing

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 6 8 10 24 25
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base