Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow users to search people only by email address at Microsoft Teams

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams のユーザー検索の制御について
    Allow users to search people only by email address at Microsoft Teams

■Description(内容):
    Microsoft Teams のユーザー検索において、ユーザーの表示名による検索を制限し、メール アドレスの入力による検索のみ可能とする機能の追加を希望します。

At Microsoft Teams, I would like to see the feature to restrict user searching by display name and allow users to search only by email address.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. filter/sort non-channel unread chat messages

"/unread" should also reveal unread non-channel chat conversations.

"Feed" should also include non-channel chat activity.

Also, implement (or create option to) sort unread non-channel chat messages to above pinned messages that are not also unread.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Retrieve only deleted chat messages by Content Search in Microsoft Teams

Contents search allows us to find all chats, however this function does not allow to search only deleted chats.
    I need to check the only deleted chats, so the current behavior annoys me to check which ones were deleted or not.
    I request you the search function is available to specifically find the deleted chats in Teams.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Name search

support searching for users contacts based on the names in Outlook contacts (like Skype) and for common nick names. Search for
    "Joe" --> "Joseph"
    "Dave" --> "David"

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Open folder from search results

Often we need to access a folder that a file is located within. Search only allows opening the file, not opening the folder location. At a minimum, it should display the folder location so that we can browse there manually.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Search button scoped to the current active screen

Everywhere you go in Teams, you should have a search button that automatically filters to the scope of the active screen. Then, whent he search is executed, an option to widen the search to beyond the initial scope.

So in summary:
    1. Search command bar continues as it does today
    2. New Search button at the bottom of the conversation tab which pre-filters the search results to just that channel
    3. New Search button at the top of Files in the Files tab to search just that location
    4. New Search button at the bottom of the chat window to…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Scroll/ show channel to match selected team after search

When searching for a team and selecting the team name from the search result, the channel list on the left is not updated to 'scroll to' the team's channels. So the wrong channels are still shown/ I need to manually scroll down the team&channel list on the left to see which channels belong to the now selected team.

Thanks in advance!
    Jeroen

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. "Best match" category for search results

Similar to how search works in Windows 10, I would like search results to show me all search results first in a "best result" tab then allow me to browse those results by using "messages", "people", and "files" tabs.

Right now if I search on a term that is only present in a file the results window shows nothing because its defaulting to the messages tab. At the very least show the number of results on each tab.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. First name search should return last name, first name in last name alphabetical order

In people search, First name search should return first - anyone I've texted with previously, then by last name, first name in last name alphabetical order. Right now it's returning in a seemingly random order.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Unable to search using short name of a person

If I have a Teams Colleague with the name Robert Vanderplank and I search for the name Rob Vanderplank the Teams Search results return no results. I have to enter his full name as Robert Vanderplank to find his contact.

It would be very useful if Teams could search using partial names as well as the full name.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. search auto-populate best option

When you search, it would be great if the search tool started to automatically populate what it thinks is the best option. This would allow you to just hit Enter if it is on the right search choice instead of being forced to use the mouse or arrows to select the right option.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Improve the search accuracy in Teams

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    Teams の検索機能の向上について

Improve the search accuracy in Teams
    ■Description(内容):
    現在社内のやりとりを Teams で網羅しています。
    その中で業務に関するファイルのやり取りなどを確認する際、Teams 内で検索を行いファイルにアクセスしておりますが、検索の制度が悪く非常に使いにくいです。
    さらなる効率化を図るためにも、機能の拡張を要望します。

When searching the files shared in Teams within our organization, we are not able to find those files smoothly because the search accuracy is not good enough.
    To improve work efficiency, we hope the search feature in Teams will be more accurate.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Search email from Teams

I would like to search email(outlook) from Teams. Maybe as another search results tab like "files" or "People."
    As we transition away from email I regularly encounter situations where I have to refer to an old email or deal with the occasional colleague who still emails information. Being able to search on that info in one place, Teams, would be awesome.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I would like you to add search methods such as Soft-match and suffix search when finding user in Teams

I would like you to implement Soft-match and suffix search feature when searching users in Teams. Because the partial suffix search doesn’t perfectly work and sometimes we can’t retrieve expected search results unless using prefix or full keywords.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I want to be able to chat only users who want to allow chat

Since the search of other users is enabled in the default state of the Teams, I want to be able to chat only users who want to allow chat.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Search Team name

I have 30+ Teams. How/where do I search for a Team name?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. filter

Moving over to Teams from the Conversation History in Skype I have lost the ability to search my chat history my date. I see the capability of filtering based on date, but you can't enter a specific date. The filter option also seems to require you searching for something first.

I would like to see the search be modified to include an option to search by date, or the filter option be available without searching for something first.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Search within Teams needs improving

The ability to search in Teams for a Public team is only successful if you type the first letters of the name of the Team. If I search for a Team using a word or letters that are in the latter part of the name if does not work e.g. we have lots of Public Teams starting with i3 - POD - <specific name>. I can search using i3, but if i just type POD into search it does not work.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Search through messages

I want to be able to search for messages in a thread

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Team search in iOS

I belong to many teams. The search field doesn’t let me type in a name and go to them. It only searches on conversations and people. I just want to go to the Team site itself!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.