Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Searching in Saved Messages

We use Microsoft Teams at my workplace and we really like the opportunity to save documents, posts or photos. When there is a task and a deadline in a post, I just save it and then I can check it easily at the 'Saved messages' tab. So I won't forget it. The only one problem is with the saving posts is if there are too many posts then hard to find and manage them, so it would be essential and important that users could SEARCH only between the saved messages.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Find/Search > Go to Chat. should take you to that point in time during the chat. Not just the chat window.

I want to search for a conversation within a full chat with someone. So, I use keywords in the search function. Teams will find the single message in which I used that keyword but single messages are out of context.

The Go to Chat feature just takes you to that chat at the latest message. It should take you to that specific point in time in the chat so that you can see the full context of the conversation.

Trying to scroll through days of endless chatter is cumbersome.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Channel search results should open the whole thread

When searching for something from a channel conversation, the results returned are atomic, so I cannot find the whole context of the thread.

Repro steps:
    1) Have a conversation in a channel about a complex topic (in this case, using a VPN)
    2) Allow several other conversations to happen in channel, where scrolling is no longer a convenient way to find it
    3) Search for your old conversation by keyword
    4) Select the proper result in the search results pane

Expected: You are now at that post in the conversation
    Currently: A lot of results are in the "main" pane,…

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Filtering search results within Files by Channel

When you search in teams, you can filter search results within Messages by Team and Channel. However, when you can only filter search results within Files by Team. Would be great to be able to filter search results within Files by Team and Channel.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Ability to Search within Saved Chats Only

There is the ability to save chat conversations, however, need the ability to only search within those saved chats and not across all chats.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Scroll/ show channel to match selected team after search

When searching for a team and selecting the team name from the search result, the channel list on the left is not updated to 'scroll to' the team's channels. So the wrong channels are still shown/ I need to manually scroll down the team&channel list on the left to see which channels belong to the now selected team.

Thanks in advance!
    Jeroen

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. It would be helpful to be able to search Subject Lines or # identified words

It would be helpful to be able to search by Subject Line or to be able to mark key words with a # to search later. When I search for #, any words that I have marked with # would show up.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Search functionality in conversation

While conversations are more than a month then find to difficult the word in conversation. Every time scrolling from today to scratch of starting conversation

If search functionality is available then it's easily find the word in conversations of month

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Search function across multiple wiki TABs within a channel

Search function across multiple TABs within a channel

We have multiple wiki tabs, containing various product information, within a channel. Users would like to be able to search for words across all wikis to be able to find a product that could be in any of the wikis.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Support the use of hashtags to be criteria for a Channel, like Search Folders

Support the use of hashtags to be criteria for a Channel, kind of like Search Folders. That way, you can be made aware of all conversations about #topicofinterest

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Search within chat

Build a 'Search' for key topics or an important chat from past / chat history.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Search Feature

Teams should have a search feature. If it logs all the chat then it should allow the users to search keywords on all chats too.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. filter/sort non-channel unread chat messages

"/unread" should also reveal unread non-channel chat conversations.

"Feed" should also include non-channel chat activity.

Also, implement (or create option to) sort unread non-channel chat messages to above pinned messages that are not also unread.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Search Call History

It would be lovely to be able to search for phone numbers or names, etc. in call history.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. search files

Hello. Some of our users are getting an error 'cannot display search results' when searching over files.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Please provide search option in the chat box like whatsapp.

It would be nice and quick , if we can search any text in conversation or in chat windows

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Please add CTRL + F in Microsoft Teams to find things easier in chat history

Hi! It would be nice if you can add a seach feature. Please add "CTRL + F". It would really help rathen than scrolling up in chat history like 5 days ago or worse, weeks or months ago.

Thank you.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Ability to see only active users (filter our inactive)

Currently, I can see all the users in a Chat view (Recent, Contacts), with a status icon indicating whether user is active, inactive or not connected, etc. Having hundreds of users in your chats and contacts, it is very difficult to navigate through those that are currently active and I can chat to right now. The filter or sorting by active / availability status (e.g. show me those active and inactive for less than 5 minutes, filter out or inactive or away, sort by showing active first, etc.). This feature for me is essential in chat applications, and most apps…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Default to searching for people

The search is kind of cumbersome. I would like it to automatically include contacts when I search, that's only what I use the search for. But currently it defaults to searching messages. It should default to searching contacts like the Skype for Business Search does.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. improved search functions.

searching channel specific wiki and file contents for key words does not appear to be implemented. An advanced search dialogue would be appreciated.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base