Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add autofill in search bar.

Having the Autofill enabled in search bar

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. After search for a document in teams, show the folder it lives in and allow direct access to its link

After search, for files, in Teams, one can see the list of results, but 1 a) one can not find out where (in which team/channel/folder) the found document lives.
    b) one can not get a URL link to the document (and since it is not possible to see where the document lives, can't even get it indirectly.

Currently the workaround it so open the document, save as, and from save as see where it is proposed to be saved.

Often we search because we need to tell someone else where to find the information and the above fixes will help…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Search tab

Add an option to search for specific words during a conversation, the way Whatsapp highlights the word to show in what conversation has been used.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Quick Search for Teams and Channels

Ability to do a quick search for Teams you are already joined and also for channels. Pls make just a quick text box in the upper part of the teams and channels panel on the left side. Not a big deal for you, but a big deal for us!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Search on recent

It would be very useful to be able to search by person and see any recent conversations with them in the recent area.

At the moment the recent tab doesn't filter nor is it possible to search, which means its very hard to find any recent chat involving the contact.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. my team isnt listed when searching teams

why isnt my team listed when i search for its name in teams?It did used to be a private team but now it is public is should be searchable

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Improve the message search option

You should be able to search key words in an specific channel or conversation with someone.
    Currently the search bar on the top will search for everything in every channel/conversation, which some times its not useful. You should be able to filter out the search better

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow search by date, showing all relevant messages and uploaded files on that date

A great way to chunk information out is by chronological order. Teams is so useful but feels like a nonstop stream of information. Regular keyword searching is helpful, but being able to go back through our days and weeks and see defined lines (possibly a vertical layout of the flow, with dotted lines to separate days?).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. When searching for a team, the drop down search doesn't show all teams I belong to

I belong to hundreds of teams. We keep track of our projects on individual teams. The team name has the client name in it. I want to be able to find all projects belonging to the same client. But when I type the client's name in the search bar the teams found on the drop down box are not exhaustive. It only displays three or four results out of many it should be matching. This is the same behavior on the app, on the web-app and even in share point.

Other that scrolling through the hundreds of teams I have,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Changing the way activity is displayed on the feed

I believe that it would be helpful to be able to change the order in which activity is displayed on the feed. Personally I would prefer the most recent activity to be displayed towards the top as opposed to needing to scroll all the way down to see the newest information. Possibly having a menu option to toggle between the two so that people can change it to their preference.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. provide full office 365 search experience

if Teams is to be my core interface for O365. it must have a full-fidelity search experience. the MSFT Search should be added as an app or integrated into the app

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Go To New

The Command/Ctrl + E feature is great, but I think it could be improved. I'd expect it to work more similarly to the Command + K feature in Slack.

First, as soon as I press the shortcut, the first available options should be a list of the latest notifications, with the most recent notification already selected, so I can easily jump to it by pressing Enter.

Once I start typing, instead of the selection defaulting to search, it should default to the top result, so I can easily jump to that selection using Enter.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. search teams name

On global Search, list "Teams Names" also in Results.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Finding people requires clicking on the people word at the top. Almost all users miss this step

When searching for someone to chat with the default is to search within messages. You have to click on the people word at the top. However this isn't clear from the UI. Most users miss that they can click on the words at the top causing them to think that the user they are looking for doesn't exist. In 6 months I've been called by every new employee about this. Turn them into tabs or some other way to highlight that so that they are clickable.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Legal hold on all Teams users even if no mailbox

O365 does not allow putting a legal hold on teams accounts if they do not have a mailbox in O365. Teams channels by default get shared mailboxes created but if a Teams user does not have a mailbox we cannot put a legal hold on their messages.

We expect to migrate our mailboxes to hybrid/cloud in 2019 but until this this is a shortcoming.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. For french people, possibility to manage the accent in the search menu

For french people, possibility to manage the accent in the search menu

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Search missing

Missing search box in conversation in TEAMSh

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Search teams’ content from external sharepoint sites.

Allow external sharepoint sites search capabilities to index teams’content, so the main intranet site using sharepoint can also find data within different teams. Also, support that team data be found on GDPR compliance (if not, I am still figuring out the compliance center).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Search and filter through tasks/assignments

It's a must for us considering to use Team channels as groups with different assignments

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.