Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Search Office 365 files with only Microsoft Teams

It would be nice to have a feature that can search O365 files such as Outlook/SharePoint Online/Microsoft Teams files and launch each app by one click with only Microsoft Teams.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. People search don't use middle initial or punctuation

When searching for people don't use middle initial as part of your matching criteria. Most people don't know what other people's middle initials are. Searching on "Jane Doe" should find "Jane X. Doe" or any other combination of Jane Doe with middle initials or none. Currently I get no matches at all.

Additionally within our company some folks have a middle initial with a period and others don't. If I do know a middle initial it should match with or without the period. For example "Jane X. Doe" should match "Jane X Doe".

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Include hidden conversations in search results

After hiding a conversation, Search does not get results from that conversation. Please add a toggle or setting to allow us to search across hidden posts.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Improve the search accuracy in Teams

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    Teams の検索機能の向上について

Improve the search accuracy in Teams

■Description(内容):
    現在社内のやりとりを Teams で網羅しています。
    その中で業務に関するファイルのやり取りなどを確認する際、Teams 内で検索を行いファイルにアクセスしておりますが、検索の制度が悪く非常に使いにくいです。
    さらなる効率化を図るためにも、機能の拡張を要望します。

When searching the files shared in Teams within our organization, we are not able to find those files smoothly because the search accuracy is not good enough.
    To improve work efficiency, we hope the search feature in Teams will be more accurate.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Highlight search results in the MS Teams file viewer

The search function in Teams is great, but I would like Teams to highlight search results not only in chats or conversations but also in the files tab. Currently, when searching for a term, it will find all files (docx, pdf, etc...) that include this term somewhere in the file, but one has to open each file manually in its application and use CRTL+F to actually find the term within the file.

It would be great to have all mentions of the search term highlighted in the file viewer directly in teams. Possibly with a little bar, allowing to jump…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Improve search feature

Slack has the right idea when it comes to a simple and powerful search field. It allows me to search in a given channel, for a comment made by a specific individual on a given day. It uses syntax like ‘from:bob’ ‘on:yesterday’. Right now if I use search, it searches all channels, postings by everybody and I don’t find it useful. With improvements like those I’ve suggested, I would actually use it. Right now I scroll a few times. If I don’t find what I’m looking for, I go ask the author to post the information again. I’d rather be…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Give the ability to do a text search

Give the ability to do a text search in a page or tab especially in Wiki/text pages or web pages.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I would like you to add search methods such as Soft-match and suffix search when finding user in Teams

I would like you to implement Soft-match and suffix search feature when searching users in Teams. Because the partial suffix search doesn’t perfectly work and sometimes we can’t retrieve expected search results unless using prefix or full keywords.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. search for old chat in mobile app doesn't scroll to selected message

In the mobile app (Android), search for a historical chat (old enough to not be initially visible when chatting with that individual). When clicking on that search result, the chat channel is pulled up but not scrolled to that message.

I was searching for a chat from 11/26 today (3/4). This is a frequently used chat, so would take forever to scroll up.

This works correctly in the app on Windows.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add Semi-Private Teams that are searchable and joining is by request

Last February (2018), Microsoft announced that private teams would be discoverable by searching. After negative user feedback, the updated was revoked.

To solve the problem of not being able to search for teams that are not public (which anyone can join), I would suggest that in addition to Private, Public, and Org-Wide teams, that Microsoft add Semi-Private teams. The only difference would be that they would be searchable/discoverable (like Public teams) but instead of anyone being able to join the team (like Public teams), a user would request that they be allowed to join the team. The owner of the…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Better search function

Search should find everything. I added a folder named Label printer. With a file with Label in it's name. And a note on the Wiki that we have a Label printer. I want that search for "Label" should find all of these three...

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Improved Help Search - "Tell me what you want to do"

In Word, PowerPoint, etc., a handy "Tell me what you want to do" help/learning feature is always available at the top and it's easily searchable. I would have assumed the Command box in Teams could've handled that task, but it just directs to the main application Help. And this Help section doesn't even have a text search...! How is Help so unhelpful? To get searchable Teams help, one must visit the Help Center online (linked below). At the very least, maybe Teams application should redirect online users there. Many users give up when faced with all these seemingly small, but…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. search teams name

On global Search, list "Teams Names" also in Results.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Searching text

Search history

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. For french people, possibility to manage the accent in the search menu

For french people, possibility to manage the accent in the search menu

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Search teams’ content from external sharepoint sites.

Allow external sharepoint sites search capabilities to index teams’content, so the main intranet site using sharepoint can also find data within different teams. Also, support that team data be found on GDPR compliance (if not, I am still figuring out the compliance center).

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Invariant Culture User Search

When searching for users the search should be in an invariant culture. Since there are many ways to type a name in different regions it's very uncomfortable having to find the correct spelling for a name. Ej. "José" should be a result for search "Jose" as I don't know if the name has a mark or not or whether it was even created correctly in Active Directory.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Search bar searching within connected cloud folders

I use the box cloud sync to house files. While it is convenient to access the files in my box folders from the teams menu it is silly that the search bar does not search within connected folders.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Team wide search for open teams - find content even if you are not on the team

Team wide search for open teams - find content even if you are not on the team

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. People search should match transliterated names

Searching for people should match also transliterations of national characters. E.g., not everyone has characters like "ł" or "ě" on their keyboards, it should be possible to search using "l" or "e" in their place.

For instance, searching for "Michal" should return people named "Michał" in results.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base