Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add slash command to start chat with somone

You already have /call -- what about /chat? A much more common use case for me.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Meu nome é Gutemberg! GAMERTAG: t3c3d4r

Sobre o game SEA OF THIEVES;
    Pessoal vamos fazer um apelo , para poder matar #Cracks e Megalodons!
    Em várias partidas, foi mencionado, que se tivesse a possibilidade, não ficaria enjoativo,com o passar do tempo !

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. search result mac little by little

Client app on Mac shows the search result little by little.
    - Hope it shows up the whole result at one time.
    - If impossible, any loading sign/icon should appear to inform it's still working on.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Please move the search bar back to the left and not at the top of the window..

I'm not sure why the search bar was moved to the top of the window b/c it really doesn't make any sense or serve any new purpose. I can't see why that was ever a priority or a thought. It's just awful. Please move it back.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. People Search - Wrong Chat Bug

Steps:
    1. People Search to a new person whom you've never chatted with (perhaps it's a person who does not have Teams installed?)
    2. Double click the name to initiate a new chat
    3. Note that Teams randomly selects an existing/recent chat and brings that one forward instead.

This behavior could be deadly if you don't notice that the wrong person's chat window is now enabled.

The only way I have to start a new conversation is to click the "new" button on the top of the current chats list, which is fine, but the other way is more intuitive…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Clicking on a found message does not take me back to where it is in the channel anymore.

What happened to this? It used to work when I search for a message, find it, click it and it would take me to the exact place in the channel that it was posted. Now, it takes me to random areas in the channel. This isn't useful anymore, and makes it hard to use this tool for collaboration now.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Sharepoint central search center and teams

Teams data are secure trimmed so SP central search should offer results for public and private teams include main classifications, scopes like documents , channels , etc because the SP Intranet is the starting point for everyone, if not alternate vendor for central search required.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Search bar- lower case, uppercase matters in search...ruins functionality.

Search bar needs to find items w/out taking into account caps or lowercase. ex TENNIS or tennis- ruins functionality.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. search twitter feed

It would be great if it was possible to search for specific # and @ in the Twitter Connector. This is especially useful if you follow several tags/mentioned.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. In current feature i am not able to add the contact belongs to different domain or client IDs. please add the feature else it won't be succe

In current feature i am not able to add the contact belongs to different domain or client IDs. please add the feature else it won't be successful.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Have each folder sort A-Z

Every time I create a new folder it stays at the top, but I need them to sort A-Z or at least have the option to sort.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. List of people with the app

Is there a way to have or to see a list of all the people in the company that have the teams app on installed?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Search capability in dialog box for adding cloud storage to Files tab.

Search capability in dialog box for adding cloud storage to Files tab. Not sure that the list order is at this time. Alpha order would be better. A quick search box, better.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Filter on Task description, Checklist Items and Comments

Enhance the Filter feature in the Teams Planner tab in the following ways:
    1. Typing in a filter/search term should find words in a Task description (not just the Task title)
    2. Typing in a filter/search term should find words in Task Checklist Items and Comments as well
    3. Typing in a persons name should filter the people in the list so you don't have to scroll through people to find the person you want to filter by.

*Note: Trello already does this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Search in iOS/iPadOS should work as web and/or desktop version

The search experience now is not up to par.

It behaves quite different compared to the desktop version. Also missing the possibility to navigate fast between teams and/or channels and performing commands in the mobile version.

Pls make it a coherent experience between the platforms. At the moment I can’t use Teams as efficient on my iPad app. Often find myself forced to use the web version instead. Although that one works quite well since iPadOS have full desktop web experience now.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Search needs the same abilities as SharePoint and Search needs to be reworked

No one likes the results provided by Search. People are looking to use # tags and other markers to be able to find their content. People love SharePoint's searchability, works fantastic for files and file content, that needs to be brought to Teams. Some people also get lost of what they are searching for as Teams seems to default to categories of search and not even realize it. There needs to be searching for Team Names, Channel names, channel chat content, IM's, files and clearly marked as such. Believe it or not, this single thing is keeping my company from…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. About search function

Adds the ability to hide specific users from search results in the Microsoft Teams application only.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Manage the searching result for users

It would be great if you could add options to narrow down the searching result for users in the search box/bar in Teams.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Search for People BUG

Actually this is a bug. I can not search for people because Teams can not find people based on fractions of their names, ex:
    "Rodrigez Yazvedo, Juan Maria" can not be found by typing "Juan Yazvedo" nor "Juan Rodrigez".

Teams is unable to find a person, unless I know the person's made-up Teams name (family name comma first name), and start typing a string that is contained as an exact sub-string within the made-up name.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.