Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ability to see only active users (filter our inactive)

Currently, I can see all the users in a Chat view (Recent, Contacts), with a status icon indicating whether user is active, inactive or not connected, etc. Having hundreds of users in your chats and contacts, it is very difficult to navigate through those that are currently active and I can chat to right now. The filter or sorting by active / availability status (e.g. show me those active and inactive for less than 5 minutes, filter out or inactive or away, sort by showing active first, etc.). This feature for me is essential in chat applications, and most apps…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Block searching external users

We would like to block searching external users. Currently, internal users can search external users. External users can search other external users who are in different team as well.
    We would like to prevent internal users from searching external users. Also, we would like to block external users from searching users externally.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Search option for particular content in a conversation

Search option for particular content in a conversation in MS Teams!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I want the public information of directory search uses Exchange address book policy (APB) to allow organizations

I want the public information of directory search uses Exchange address book policy (APB) to allow organizations

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I want to use contents search to retrieve information about members being added and joining in the chat

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    グループチャットへメンバーが参加、あるいは追加したという情報を、会話履歴として、コンテンツ検索から取得できるよう機能実装を要望します
    I want to use contents search to retrieve information about members being added and joining in the chat

■Description(内容):
    現在の機能ではグループチャットの会話履歴として IM の内容しか取得できないため、グループチャットへメンバーが参加したり、追加された情報について取得ができない動作を確認しております。
    IM の会話履歴以外にも、グループチャットへのメンバーの参加や追加の情報も取得できるよう機能拡充を要望します。
    Currently only the group chat history content for IM can be retrieved, and information like members joining in the group chat, members being added to the group chat cannot be retrieved.
    I hope that this feature can be changed to retrieve information about members being added and joining in the chat, and not just IM chat history information.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Enable the content search to find images only

It would be great if the content search can find images only from the conversation in Teams, as the current content search cannot.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. search results should take you to the message within the channel/group chat

When search results come up for chat conversations, only the single message appears. It would be better to take the user to the place within the chat that contains the positive search result, so the user can see more of the conversation.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add Teams and Channel search in mobile (iOS, iPadOS, Android)

A user cannot currently search for Teams or Channels directly in mobile apps today. You can only search for People, Messages or Files - so, you basically have to either navigate directly to the Team or Channel in the navigation menu (which is incredibly inefficient with large quantities of either and especially inefficient on a mobile device) or you have to remember a file name, message or person in one of those Teams or Channels and hope that it appears in the search results so that you can then navigate to that Team or Channel.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Save message with a tag

Allow specifying a tag when saving a message, which can then be used later for easy retrieving of the message. Consequently, allow searching a saved message by a given tag.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow full content search!

Can't search notes, chats, anything. This is an incredibly basic feature.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Filtering/Searching using Teams

We use your Teams as our daily log for information that we'd need to refer back to should there be any issues, but we may need to go back 6 months for example. I need a way of easily looking at specific dates or filtering to a certain period going back, but there doesn't seem to be this feature.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I hope to increase the number of users searched.

When searching for a user from the search field, only 5 people are displayed.
    Please implement a function to increase the number of users to search.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Regarding the user search function in Microsoft Teams

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams のユーザー検索機能について、機能の改善を希望します。
    Regarding the user search function in Microsoft Teams

■Description(内容):
    Microsoft Teams において、"人、キーワードの検索、またはコマンド入力" セクションにユーザー名を入力した際に、プライベート チャットの内容しか表示されず使い勝手が悪いため、チームでの会話内容をユーザーで絞込検索が可能な機能の実装を希望します。
    併せて、ユーザー選択時の "最新情報" セクションに、チーム チャットの "件名" を表示する機能の実装を希望します。

In Microsoft Teams, when you enter a user name into the “Search for or type a command” section, only the most recent content of the private chat with them is shown, which is difficult to use. I would like the option of having the content of the team chat with the users displayed instead. It would also be useful to have the chat title be available in the “Recent” tab contents for a…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. #Hashtags - for better search capabilities

Hi.
    I'm often getting cunfused by the many teams I'm part of, when trying to find a document. To be able to add a #hashtag on documents, would make them easier to find. In addition, it would be possible to look.up all documents related to one "topic" (ex. a project), quick and easy.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Searching within Files: "CTRL F" as a funtional feature.

This is CLEARLY an issue.

We have a Team that our companies contribute and combine files internationally, and for each country.

We created this as an "EASY" way to find files for our clients, especially for on Service Techs in the field.

These specific folders strictly contain PDF files.

In order to "search" one must open in SharePoint, then convert into an Excel file. Files are continuously added and overwritten updated paperwork, deeming the Excel spreadsheets in perpetuity obsolete.

This is so unnecessary, and as many have suggested before me - CRTL F - is the optimal way to go.…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Campus maps in teams

I work is a large campus (multiple floors, large building). All rooms are in Teams so we can book them for an appointment. today i needed to find a room and I thought it would be great if I could just type in the room number and then see a map where the room is and how to get there.... So which building, which floor, which corner of the building and perhaps (mapped to Bing Maps) show me a route to get there.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Search for meeting by name

When you use the top search bar in teams, it doesn't appear to return the names of meetings or of the recordings associated with them. That makes it really difficult to find a previous meeting on a specific topic.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. MS Teams Search only finds recent items in channels. It is not working for anything older.

The search functionality used to work far better, but it now only finds items from the past 90 days or so when looking for the keyword(s) within Teams channels. It's a significant limitation, and we are not sure why this has happened.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Visual cue for search results

Search is excellent at hiding results. The problem is pre-sorting everything by tabs. This may seem intuitive to developers, but without some kind of visual cue that there's even a result in a tab, it's not obvious at all to users. The results are effectively hidden, or, you need to perform extra clicks to the tabs you want in order to see if there's anything there. I would suggest putting all the results into a single list, grouped by type, rather than hidden behind tabs (which may be empty, for all you know before you click them). Failing that, at…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 9 11 13 19 20
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base