Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Need full capabilities of Planner in Teams

Right now you can add a new tab for Planner in Teams. However, you are not afforded all the capabilities of Planner in this tab. Its really "Planner Lite." Here are some items you cannot do with Planner in Teams:

1) If you create a Planner in Teams, it will not be shown in Planner itself!
    2) you can go to the group (in web outlook) wich is automatically created for the team and click there on planner and it will take you to the planner for the new group, which then cannot be displayed at teams, but the team…

6,211 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

385 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The last item in the original list, #5, is covered in https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/17017147-notification-for-planner-tasks. That one (planner task notifications) is currently in internal testing with a target for release in early Q2.

Because there are many different requests in the comments which makes it hard to update and track status of individual items, we are marking this completed, and will user individual UserVoice items to track any further Planner integration. If you have suggestions in the comments below that don’t have an existing UserVoice item, please feel free to create one.

Thanks all!

2. Allow use of existing OneNotes/documents for channels

My team has a pre-existing OneNote. It would be really helpful to be able to create a tab that uses this, rather than being forced to start with a blank notebook.

2,379 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

118 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Warren responded

Great news!
    Starting today, there’s an updated OneNote option in the Tab Gallery that allows you to create a new notebook for your tab, point to an existing notebook, or link to a particular OneNote section or page.

This update is not yet available for EDU customers, but we’ll continue to update this new OneNote experience to make it easier to bring your important content into Teams!

The release notes can be found at: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Release-notes-for-Microsoft-Teams-d7092a6d-c896-424c-b362-a472d5f105de

3. Use existing Planner or Group to build Team

Maybe this is in there, but we have a number of Office 365 Groups it would be nice to make a team out of. I got to make a team the very first time out of a group for one, but I don't see a way of making a team out of an existing Group and auto-adding those members. It would be nice if it tied to the existing Planner--I don't want to make new teams or groups, but use the existing ones....

1,044 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

69 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Suphatra responded

Sorry folks, I totally missed this one thought it’s been done for a while now, as some of you have figured out.

How to use an existing Planner to build a Team: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Planner-Blog/Bringing-a-Plan-into-Microsoft-Teams/ba-p/57463

And for Groups, when you are creating a new Team, you’ll see a paragraph at the bottom of the “Create a Team” form box that gives you an option to select an existing group.

Please note that you must be the ADMIN of the Planners and Groups you are trying to build a Team upon.

Thanks and let me know if you have any questions, and sorry I let this one pass me!

Sincerely,
    Suphatra

4. Make planner available in the mobile app

Please make it possible to access assigned taks in the mobile app

465 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Tie "Team" environment to "Planner"

Issue:
    Files/Notes/Tasks created in Microsoft Teams are not integrated with Microsoft Planner

Steps to Reproduce:
    Open Teams and then either (1) Create a new Team, or (2) associate an existing Outlook/Sharepoint Group/Plan

Expected:
    When a File, Note, or Task ("Planner") is created in either Teams or Planner, it should be totally integrated and accessible from both programs

Actual:
    Items created in Teams are totally separate and independent of the actual MS Planner(s) located in https://tasks.office.com

Result:
    It is confusing that work created in one space is not visible in the other and vice versa

406 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. See all planner tasks assigned to me

It would be nice if all planner tasks assigned to me were aggregated somewhere, instead of requiring me to go into each individual team and then each individual channel to find out what I'm responsible for. To-dos could get lost in the shuffle very easily that way.

406 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Sync/Import existing Planner

If I already created a Planner before I created the Team, it would be nice to be able to import the existing planner into the new Team.

286 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

38 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Planner made this available a couple months ago, but posting here for reference. Also note that you must be the ADMIN of the Plan in order to have the permission to import it over to Teams.

The copy below is from the Planner blog post: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Planner-Blog/Bringing-a-Plan-into-Microsoft-Teams/ba-p/57463

Here are the steps and important items to note:

-In order to import a plan, you must create a Team from an existing O365 Group.
    -To bring the plan into Teams (mirroring the plan in the Planner web app), add a Planner tab to your Team, and click “Use an existing plan”
    -This will import your board and enable you to have a fully synced experience between Planner and Teams.

If you have any other Planner suggestions, please post them to planner.uservoice.com so you can hear directly from the Planner team!

Sincerely,
    Suphatra

8. Prevent Team Members from deleting channels

Right now any team member can delete a channel, we need a feature to prevent deletion, or only allow deletion of a channel by its owner, or creator.

163 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You can do this by removing the permission to delete channel from team members. To do this, go to the web browser version of teams as an ‘Owner’ and selecting the menu on the Team > View Team > Settings > and then de-slect the “Delete Channels” option.

Thanks to the user Stephen who already provided these instructions a couple months ago.

Suphatra

P.S. Have you checked out our blog? https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Teams-Blog/bg-p/MicrosoftTeamsBlog

9. Allow assignment of more than one individual to each task in Planner.

Currently, when I create a task I can only assign one person. If I try to assign a second person to a task the original assigned person is replaced by the new person. Thus, I am unable to assign more than one person to a task. In a team based environment it is critical to have the ability to assign more than one individual to a task.

127 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Planner tab sign on

clicking on planner tab forces you to authenticate again even though logged into teams on PC. Should be single sign on

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’ve deployed silent authorization for Planner so you should no longer see login pop-ups when you click your Planner tab inside your channel.

Note, you WILL see it if your password expires or changes.

Please let us know if you still see login prompts in Planner (because you should not).

Thanks everyone!

Suphatra

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base