Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I want to make a master planner view which pull in separate plans as buckets

We are setting up each client's marketing calendar for the year as a Plan. But I need to be able to see all of the tasks from the separate plans in a unified master plan.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Assign Buckets to people

Would like to be able to assign a bucket to certain members of the team. When a task is dropped into a bucket, the members assigned to that bucket would get a notification.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Contextual Reminder/Task/Planner Item Creation

When someone says:
    "Can you get this thing for me?"
    Or
    "Can you pick up these things at 5pm?"
    Or
    "Would you be able to meet at 4pm?"

Or anything similar, would it be possible to create planner/task/outlook items from those?

like:
    "Can you meet at 4pm?". Team recognizes the 4PM Time Context and Meet as a action you can take.

Meet and 4PM become underlined at which point you can right-click it and choose somthing like "Add to planner as a task"
    or
    "create outlook meeting"

Creating a planner task sets the time context as the due date where…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Add the ability to hide a planner tab (in the same way you can hide a channel)

We are using a planner tab for each of the projects we are working on; however, we leave them there once we are done (currently, it is an archive of sorts). It would be brilliant if we could hide planner tabs within a channel when we are done with them (without deleting them). It would enable me have more control over my tab lists.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow Flow to trigger when two tasks are complete.

I have two buckets, each with identical task names and each assigned to a different team member. I need a third task to be created ONLY when both tasks are marked complete.

This requires that the bucket names be checked and the task names that are complete be equal to each other. This allows two parallel tasks to flow into a single work stream.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Mark Task as Both Important AND Urgent

We should have the ability to mark a task as BOTH Urgent AND Important so we can better prioritize our day. This would be a huge benefit for anyone who uses the Urgent/Important quadrant/matrix to plan their day (the "Eisenhower Matrix").
    https://www.mindtools.com/pages/article/newHTE_91.htm
    If you could do that, then you could add a view to show tasks in the quadrants of Urgent/Not Urgent/Important/Not Important

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Bulk update template for Teams Network Planner

Currently it is not possible to update multiple site information at one go in the Teams Network Planner. Kindly provision a Bulk update template for the same.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. One View of Tasks

I want to see all the tasks allocated to me (from different planners in different teams) in one view so that I do not miss out on any task and I shouldnt have to go to each teams to know the task allocated to me

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Generic Planner Tasks

Should be able to use the Planner for my general work tasks without creating a team for this. I have some short lived projects/tasks that don't warrant creation of a whole team, but would still like to be able to create stand alone tasks in the Planner App within Teams. I generally us MS Outlook Tasks for this, however, since I also utilize Teams, I would like to only have to check one location for all of my tasks, globally.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Channel View and Manager View in Planner

in the planner view, would be nice to be able group by Channel to show actions within that channel only.

Also, several requests from our company have been to have a manager view in planner. In other words, if you create a task you will assign it to a person on your team, in addition to that it would be great be able to tag it so that it will role up in the managers planner view not as an action they have to address but an important action that is being addressed so they have visibility across many technology…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Project Time management

Have a Tab at top with Board/Chart/Schedule/Project Time and Team captain could place the total number of hours (payed for/ bid for) each project and any collaboraters can add a new line with description/time took/date the action took place...and then those hours go against the master total

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Move Planner to a different Team

When Teams first launched in our organization, users went overboard creating teams. Now that we're finally getting our arms around Teams' governance, I need to combine teams.

I know how to move a Planner from one tab to another in the same Team. That works great. What I can't figure out is how to move an existing Planner from one Team to another.

Sorry if there's already an idea out there for this - I just couldn't find it without viewing hundreds of result pages.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Can I receive only 1 reminder email message for all tasks due on the same day?

e.g.
    When I have 10 tasks due on the same day,
    instead of receiving 1 notification email for 1 task (that means you receive 10 email messages), can we have 1 email message containing reminders for 10 tasks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Supervisor view in Planner

Please add a supervisor view for Planner so that they can view all the tasks currently assigned for their team members.
    It would be beneficial to have some type of chart view so when leadership team meets, they can review how in-demand their team's services are.

Our work around is 1:1 meetings and having the employee pull up teams and click on 'planner' to review everything that has been assigned to them.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Attaching files to the planner

Attach a document to a task in the planner from your desktop without having to attach to Sharepoint first. Drag and drop would be nice. planner in the teams App

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Automatically assign a priority to multiple tasks in Planner

I am trying to assign a priority (for example, "Important") to all the tasks due within a date range, and another priority (for example, "Medium"), due within another date range. To my knowledge, the only way to do this is to change priorities manually. It would be great to be able to automate this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Ability to customize planner tabs

We should be able to have sub tasks under the main task and assign them to our team. We have multi-step projects that sometimes have various steps within those steps. The only way to do this now is create a to do list on the main to do but it won't allow you to assign to anyone. Also, on the options for views, we should be able to customize the view so that we can focus on what we want.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Enabling the Planner app for select folders

I'd like to be able to add the Planner app to select folders within our overall TEAMS site, with the ability to restrict access and visibility to just those users in the select folder.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Is there a way to unblock the Planner bot if Blocked in error?

Cannot get the planner bot back to sending notifications in Activity Stream.

It appears to be disable for the user completely.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base