Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplications are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We updated our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Support for changing to local time and calendar standards (24hr time, ddMMyyy etc) but still keeping teams in english

Support for changing to local time and calendar standards (24hr time, ddMMyyy etc) but still keeping teams in English or whatever language one would want

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. After the last update i cant choose norwegian AS my main language. Why is that

After the last update i cant choose norwegian AS my main language. Why is that

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Use human translators. for everything

Ik snap de ballen van jullie Nederlandse internetpagina's. Jullie moeten de teksten echt door een menselijke vertaler laten nakijken. - I understand the balls of your Dutch internet pages. You must the texts real through a human translator let look after. - I cannot understand a word of your dutch on your web pages. You must really have a human translator check your texts.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Change the language in Android app

In the Android app, isn't possible change the language such as the Windows or MacOs.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Pronomen deklinieren

Bei Topics in einem Channel steht immer so etwas drunter:

"14 Antworten von Sie und XY"

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Serbian translation

"General" conversation in MS Teams web version is translated to Serbian as "General Settings": "Opšte postavke", while it should be just "Opšte".

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Gaeilge (Irish Gaelic) Language Support

Please add Gaeilge (Irish Gaelic) language support.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Bonjour, j'ai été très déçue de voir que les copies d'écran des documents de démarrage sont en anglais pour les guides en français

Bonjour, j'ai été très déçue de voir que les copies d'écran des documents de démarrage sont en anglais pour les guides en français. Les personnes ont les applications en français, donc je ne comprends que l'effort n'ai pas été mis pour que les bonnes copies d'écran soient faites. Très décevant

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Surching with cyrrilic letetrs dont work

Surching funktion dont work for russion words with cyrrilic letters. Should be nice to serch for information that are lost in a big chat record.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. French translation problem & abilitty to rename the default channel

The french translation of the app adds a "Général" mention at the start of every conversation posted on the default channel of a group. That is somewhat confusing for new users, letting them the impression that the information they're reading are orders from some General of the army (!).
    To solve this problem, a good thing (already proposed for the English version) would be to allow the group owner to rename the default channel - which could be left in evidence in some ways (always on top on the channel list, mention "(default)" displayed next to the channel, bold characters...). …

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Bring back the "Translate" function for MS office 2016 for mac

I have been enjoying the "Translate" function on my MS Word 2016 for mac licence. A few days ago my version got auto-updated and the Translate function has been removed. Talked to your help-desk technician and they said the Translate function has been removed from 2016 mac licence and it is now exclusive for Office 365 and Office 2019 subscribers. And my only solution is to pay for an upgrade if i would like to get back this function. This is not acceptable at all. Microsoft cannot just auto-update my version and remove basic function like this, what if i…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Link previews render using the wrong language

I've set the app language in Teams to English (US) but sometimes link previews are rendered in some other language. For example links to twitter render in Dutch (I think), see attached image.

The link sent was:
    https://twitter.com/settings/sessions

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Palautesivut myös Suomen kielellä

Palautesivut myös Suomen kielellä

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add spell check along with the able delete old chat message

Add spell check along with the able to Delete old message like Skype

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. ~ Markdown does not work with German Keyboard layout (Desktop App)

Hi there - it seems to be that the MS Teams Desktop App does not support all the markdown formatting with a german keyboard layout.
    Actually the ~text~ (strikethrough) does work with the Web-App but not with the Destkop App in combination with a german keyboard layout. I've tested it today several times and there is no chance to have the strikethrough markdown.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Language Query

Hi All,

I would like to know if Teams has different Language packs something like Skype having different languages.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Microsoft fails to adequately service its flemish speaking customers in Belgium for over 15 years now.

Xbox has been around for more then 15 years now and still they have not yet found a fitting solution for bilingual countries. I live in the Dutch speaking area of Belgium and I constantly have to deal with French descriptions of games, French description of avchievements and so forth. Microsoft seems to lazy or to insensitive to produce a fitting solution for the flemish speaking community of Belgium for over 15 years now. It feels as though they took the short route and simply copy pasted everything for France to Belgium. Well Microsoft, sorry to disappoint, Belgium is not…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base