Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplications are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We updated our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Translate option sometimes is not available

Translate option does not appear sometimes on the "more options" part of the message.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Phonetic names for Team Members

With companies becoming more diverse and globally distributed, is it possible to leverage cloud technology to display a Phonetic representation of a person’s name, with an option to hear how the name actually sounds.

Cheers

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Country name translated in correctly for Chinese

Country name translated in correctly for Chinese 中文(中华人民共和国)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Accent shortcuts (like in Word) don't work

In Word, if I type CTRL+SHIFT+^ followed by u I get a û. Similar shortcuts exist to get characters such as é à ö ç.

These shortcuts don't work when I type them in Teams.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Please make it possible to change the language for spelling control inside Teams

Please make it possible to change the language for spelling control inside Teams - e.g. when writing in a Wiki. right now it just uses the language of the app, which for me is Danish, but most my text is in English and it doesn't change, so almost every word is underlined with red as mis-spelled. (It is the same when I write here now).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. como hago para eliminar las conversaciones

en el mismo icono de actividad.,debería haber la opción de poder eliminar la conversacion

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Hour format be different from the interface one

If I am in France, I would like to have the interface in English, but the number/hour/currency formatting in French.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. The Postpone upgrade button should be fully shown in Japanese

When postponing upgrade from Skype for Business to Teams via Microsoft Teams admin center, the text on the Postpone upgrade button in Japanese is not fully shown, and it shows “…” instead.

I would request the button to display full text in Japanese.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Traductor de idiomas en el chat por favor. Urgente

Traductor de idiomas en el chat. Como lo tiene Skype. Muchas gracias.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. International settings are false

Why Microsoft still binds country and language? For example Finland is a bilingual country and the official languages are Finnish and Swedish. Yet Sweden has slight differencies for eaxample in date format. Thus choosing Swedish/Sweden is not the correct choice. Another problem comes with the fact that I am working in an international company where the software language is English. This is also reasonable due the fact that local translations are not always correct and all bug fixes are not localized nor there may be a localized version available. But since I motly write in Finnish, I definitely like to…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Syntax of Email Notification from Teams is incorrect

If you receive an email notification from teams, it adresses you with the {Last name}. That is very inconvenient and I would say rather rude.

I think the problem is with the syntax of the emails.
    What also bothers me is that the syntax is not the same for all the emails you receive.

I noticed that the emails you receive when you join a group addresses you correctly. The syntax of the emails when you are mentioned and others, is wrong.

Example Last Name: Guzman
    Example First Name: Antonio

Important note here:
    My native language is German. That is…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow translation in the App

App does not allow translation whereas it can with the computer

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Using "Du" instead of "Sie" as Language/Local option

In German you have "Du" and "Sie" for the englisch "you". It's usefull to can change between both.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Is it possible to add translate feature when searching people's Name in Teams?

Is it possible to add translate feature when searching people's Name in Teams? We think this is very serious problem as we have 2 different type of Chinese (Traditional Chinese and Simplified Chinese). We have employee in China and their name will be built with simplified Chinese; however, we are the IT admin in Taiwan, so not all of us can really understand simplified Chinese. If we could leverage Translation API on this searching feature, it will be amazing.
    I believe this will also benefit other countries that has similar problem as us.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Auto translate videos audio

Lyrebird has technology to create a digital representation of a persons voice.
    The Stream video service can recognize people talking and transcribe. How about pipe together the chain of technologies to have a translated version of the videos audio with the right voice characteristics of the person talking. An AI infused dubbed video!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Microsoft Teams Translation doesn't seem friendly if URL is included.

I have a colleague communicating in Japanese which normally works fine, but in situations where they include Japanese + a URL to somewhere, the translation fails and seems to interpret the message as English, instead of Japanese.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Hello, in my team i need to write in 3 languages. The corrector only works in dutch and not in French or English .

Can you insert the feature that teams recognize himself the written language for the correction ?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base