Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplications are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We updated our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Translate recorded TEAM/Skype for Business Meetings

It would be great and for us really helpful to have the opportunity to translate recorded meetings in Skype for Business and TEAMS. At least into german/english/spanish

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Support language setting per team/chanel

Working with multiple teams local versus world wide end up in We are working with multiple languages per team/channel.
    Channel / team conversation can be local (Dutch in our case) or international (English). Switching dictionaries each time is undesired. Setting preferred language at channel/team level would solve this.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Language change button - more visible

Could it be the language change button make more visible and intuitive for users to find?

For example right under the profile picture displayed in the left pane without the necessity to click on the profile settings to change the language.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add "Add to Dictionary" and use same shared Dictoinary as Office365.

No add to dictionary feature currently exists. Add the O365 dictionary and use same if installed.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Use current Windows input method language for spell check

Currently Teams uses the Teams UI language when spell checking. So that if I want to switch between typing in Swedish and English I have to restart Teams which isn't very convenient.

To better support multiple languages I think it should use the current Windows setting instead. So if I change input language in Windows using Ctrl + Space, Teams should recognize this when spell checking.

That would allow me to keep the Teams UI in English as I prefer and be able to get spell checking both when typing in English and Swedish.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. In the german translation, please use 'du' instead of 'sie'

Please don't use the way too formal 'Sie', but instead 'Du'. This totally disturbs the user experience

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Spelling correction

It appears to me that the suggestions for spelling mistakes are different then what the suggestions would be in Word or other Microsoft products. I have also noticed that some word will have the whole word underlined and when I right click it, to check the spelling suggestions, it only suggests for part of the word.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. O365 Germany

When will Microsoft Teams be available in Office 365 Germany?

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Enable translation for messages posted by bots

There should be the same option for translation message posted by bot like it was posted by other team member. Deleting such posts were already requested.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Fix “tildel hjerte”

The is a mistake in the Danish translation of like. “Tildel hjerte” means “give heart” and does not make any sense, since the ‘like’ is a thumbs up..
    ‘Like’ is adopted by the Danes, so just use that instead...

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. dutch

Some parts are not translated in Dutch, like collaboration space (samenwerkingsruimte), assignments (opdrachten)

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Take over locals from windows - or at least allow them to be set

Allow me to use my language, 24 h clock and similar
    Plus it could proof read my chats accordingly

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Keyboard shortcuts to type Umlaute and other international characters

In other O365 apps I can use keyboard shortcuts to type international characters on an English keyboard, for example, ç = ctrl+, and c, or ä = ctrl+: and a. See https://support.office.com/en-us/article/keyboard-shortcuts-for-international-characters-108fa0c1-fb8e-4aae-9db1-d60407d13c35. This is missing in Teams.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Please stop using abbreviations without explaning them.

Please stop using abbreviations without explaining them or make an accessible abbreviations list.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Improve Japanese machine translation quality for public articles

I would like you to improve machine translation quality for Japanese public articles. Machine-translated articles are difficult to understand. Using less technical terminologies would be better.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Convert time zone

When a Teams team member from another country pastes a time into Teams (e.g. 3:00 PM Pacific time), it's hard to understand what time that is in my own time zone. Especially with big time zone differences (e.g. Europe vs US) I would like to see an automatic converter to my own time zone. I see the following possibilities:
    - Convert when hovering/force touch the time/date mentioned
    - Automatically convert the time when viewing the post in Teams. Also show an info icon next to the time that the time was automatically converted when hovering over the icon.

Hope this…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Maintain Australian English Language Settings on Desktop Application Update

Microsoft has advised us that:-

We have discussed this issue with Teams desktop client language with our technical advisor and we have found that Teams desktop client only picks up the OS language when you have set a Teams supported language in the OS and unfortunately, English Australia is not a supported language for MS Teams. Hence the users need to setup the English Australia manually in Teams desktop client and by design it will switch back to the default English UK when Teams client is signed out or uninstalled or auto updated.
    Refer: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/change-your-display-language-in-microsoft-teams-293792c3-352e-4b24-9fc2-4c28b5de2db8
    We request you to share…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

working on it  ·  0 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Spanish words for "Rubric" and "Assignments"

Hi there.

I would like to see the same Spanish words used when referring to rubrics and assignments.

In some parts of the Windows app "Assignment" has been correctly translated into "Tareas", while some still show an incorrect "Asignaciones".

The same applies to "Rubrics": in some places you show the correct form "Rúbricas"; in others, the incorrect "Indicaciones".

Thank you.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base