Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 6,027 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

working on it  ·  385 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Use built in notifications for macOS

Notifications built into the OS (which all apps I've seen use other than Outlook and now Teams) are more functional and allow for more user control. Most importantly, they honor Do Not Disturb settings, which is critical.

2,046 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

228 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Follow and unfollow conversation thread

Hi,

This idea is not new. Currently we have a lot of unnecessary notifications and i believe we need flexible options to either get rid of them or setup banner/alert. And we already got "Follow channel" option in the latest update:
    https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/16925461-allow-different-notifications-options-on-teams-and

I think we should go forward and improve conversation/thread notifications.It's very annoying when you replied to the conversation and then it becomes spamming. You have no option to unfollow this conversation and keep receiving notifications. From the other hand, there are conversations where you either not mentioned directly by @ tag or not replied yet but want to…

1,173 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

69 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  Warren responded

The feature team is still working away on this feature request. No new updates at this time.
    -Warren

4. Mute a channel - (Mute Chat is complete)

I'd love to keep groups/channels in my list, but mute a channel so I don't get those. I get notified whenever some tags a channel eg @General, it's super distracting!

Also would like the possibility to mute a group chat, so no sound or mobile notification should be received for a user that chooses to mute some group chat.

959 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

142 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Mute a channel is still being worked upon. The team is still hard at work on this item. No updates at this time.

-Warren

5. Browser/OS independent desktop notifications using HTML5

Not sure about the desktop clients because there isn't one available for my operating system. However, the web app is essentially unfit for purpose because I can't tell when anyone is trying to contact me unless I sit there, constantly staring at the app.

346 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

48 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is still being worked upon and making good progress! Stay tuned for additional updates.

-Warren

6. Blink Icon for unread messages

Teams icon pinned in taskbar doesn't blink orange anymore when I receive new messages. I cannot find an option to turn this. Was this removed?

315 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

working on it  ·  51 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Visual notification in systray of unread message (for both Mac and PC)

When there is an unread message, it would be *very* helpful if the systray icon could have a visual indicator that something is unread.

182 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.