Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Notifications for all messages in a channel

There is no clear way how to enable all notifications in channels. I have channel where I am interested in all messages.

1,961 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

252 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Suphatra responded

I hope this brightens your Friday — your feature request is here! Our hardworking engineers have been working on this for weeks and we’re happy to report it released yesterday.

To set notifications for all messages in a channel, just click the little ellipses next to the channel name and choose “Follow this channel.”

If this made your Friday, please tweet to us! You can send the tweet to me (@skprufo) or just include the #MicrosoftTeams hashtag, and I’ll make sure it gets to our dev team.

THANK YOU for making Teams better and better with your awesome feedback. You guys are the best.

Sincerely,
    Suphatra
    Microsoft Teams

2. Ability to Mute a Conversation Thread

Please allow the ability for individual users to mute replies to a thread they have participated in. Allow this to be a toggle located under the three dot menu or an additional hover button.

1,659 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

129 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Muting of conversation threads is available to the public. Just like muting a chat, turning off notifications to a channel conversation will stop you from receiving updates for that specific conversation.

To turn off notifications for specific conversations

• Go to the beginning of a conversation in a channel
    • Go to the top right corner of the original message in the conversation thread and select More options … > Turn off notifications.
  3. Mute a channel - (Mute Chat is complete)

I'd love to keep groups/channels in my list, but mute a channel so I don't get those. I get notified whenever some tags a channel eg @General, it's super distracting!

Also would like the possibility to mute a group chat, so no sound or mobile notification should be received for a user that chooses to mute some group chat.

1,011 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

148 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Muting both a channel and a chat are now available to the public.

When you mute a channel, you will continue to get notifications for the following:
    - @Team mentions in that channel
    - Replies and reactions to conversations which you have taken part in that channel
    - @Channel mention of other channels in that muted channel

What you will stop receiving notifications for are:
    - All new posts in that channel
    - Replies to those posts in that channel
    - @Channel mentions of that channel

To mute a particular channel,
    - Go to the channel overflow menu (triple dot) and choose “Channel notifications”
    - Select “Off” for all the menu options you see in that “Channel notifications” dialog box

Thanks!

4. Notification for connectors

I am not getting any notification when a connector post to a channel. For example a JIRA post to a channel, I would like to get notified by this.

This is checked on Windows 10 Mobile app.

565 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

117 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Andrew responded

Its here! Thanks for all your patience on this feature as we worked out the kinks and got it out the door. Connector notifications are now live and there is no additional configuration you need to do to enable them. If you follow a channel, you should already be seeing notifications trigger for messages posted by connectors to those channels. If not, go ahead and follow a channel with a connector in it to see it in action. Please let us know if you run into an issues and we hope this helps your teams work more efficiently!

INSTRUCTIONS:
    To get notifications for your connectors, just click on any channel that you want to follow and select the ellipses next to the channel name. Then choose “Follow channel”.

Please make sure you have your notifications setting set to actually GIVE you notifications! To do that, click on your avatar…

5. Visual notification in systray of unread message (for both Mac and PC)

When there is an unread message, it would be *very* helpful if the systray icon could have a visual indicator that something is unread.

530 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

66 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. dismiss mobile notifications when marking them read on desktop app and vica-verca

Notifications on the mobile should disappear once read on another device.

494 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

61 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Warren responded

Thank you all for your feedback! This feature request has now been completed. :)

Enjoy!
    -Warren

7. Multiple Notifications Bugs

Hello,

We have been testing Microsoft Teams for almost a week now, while we love the product; however, it is proving to be counter productive when it stops sending notifications, we are using alternative means to notify each other to check messages on MS Teams.

What we noticed for example is that if discussions continue in a thread for over a day, no new notifications whatsoever are being triggered. In some occasions, even though we have an ongoing discussion, notifications stop, but only work if you tag the other person, but again, this is not a new thread, so it…

303 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  34 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Desktop notifications for Windows

Need to have notifications in the action centre on Windows 10 also preferably make the desktop client a UWP app (I understand it is not currently) for full integration of notifications and (hopefully) Cortana

269 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  11 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow email notifications for more notification types

More options on notifications. Would be better if all notifications had an email option. Could easily be done via a check box next to how you would like to be notified. This applies to everything; team notifications, personal mentions, chats, etc. A lot in my organization have complained about missing things because there is not an option of email for most notifications.

168 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  19 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Enable Notification for group chats

Currently we get notifications only for one-to-one chats and not for group chats. Pls enable notifications for group chats also..

164 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  11 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. New Notifications email message

Currently when we receive an email notification it just says this person sent a message but it would be nice if you could see what the message is when you are offline.

Thanks,
    Mike

159 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  37 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow setting to remove message contents in banner alerts

When screensharing or working on the same computer with a co-worker it can be distracting and potentially harmful to show the contents of every new message that a user receives in the banner alert. There should be an option to "Hide contents of banner alert" so that users can still receive a desktop notification, but the contents of the message are not immediately displayed to anyone that happens to be looking at that user's desktop.

120 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This request has been completed and is available. When you present you will automatically be switched to Do Not Disturb and toast notifications are blocked automatically.

Thank you for the suggestions and feedback!
    -Warren

13. being able to turn off notifications for specific chats, instead of every chat

Notifications
    You should be able to turn off notifications for specific chats. Right now you can turn off notifications for the entire teams application. I want to be notified if someone chats me from a certain chat, but there is a group chat that i dont want notifications for, for example.

65 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  4 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Display message on the notification

When a message is going to notify me, I'd like to see the message in the notification instead of a general "XXX has replied to your message", etc.

64 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This feature is available!

Thank you for the suggestions.

-Warren

15. allow for alerts specific to channels

It would be great if I could set alerts for specific channels instead of app wide. Some channels I need to be more focused on responding to than others.

54 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Suphatra responded

We’ve introduced a new feature called “Follow Channel”. You can select it by clicking on the ellipses next to the channel’s name in the main arena (not in the left side panel). A fly out will appear and you can select “Follow channel.”

Let me know how this works for you and if it meets your needs. You can email me at this address or tweet to me at @skprufo. We really appreciate your feedback and your patronage of Teams!

Sincerely,
    Suphatra
    Microsoft Teams

16. Email notification for messages I've already read

Please stop sending email notifications about chat messages I've got that I've already read!!!!!!!!!!!

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base