Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Caller notification on Windows 10 lock screen

This is similar to other posts about notifications, but I didn't see this specific scenario. We have people who are working in their office either alone or with other people, but aren't using their computer. The computer is locked. When a call comes in from Teams, they want to see who is calling displayed on the lock screen to determine if they need to answer.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Need to have Android app notifications come consistently and in a timely manner

Android app notifications sometimes just dies. It's on in my phone, but it might be that it's not receiving the notifications in the background.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Deriving first names from display name is a bad idea

For sorting reasons our company uses display name in the format last name followed by first name; e.g. "Ponguillo Intriago Ronald Alberto"

In Teams, email and activity feed show silly information such as "Ponguillo posted". Or even "De posted" for "De Feyter Kim" (De Feyter = last name).

In order to send a notification with a “friendly” intro referring to the first name of the submitter In Teams, you ASSUME that the first chars up to the first space is in fact the first name. It clearly is not if the display name is in the format last name +…

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Allow different notification settings depending on status

Would be nice if it was possible to change to different notifications settings depending on what status you have.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Have a clear all notifications button or a mark all as read button because my app says I have a notification but I have checked everywhere a

Have a clear all notifications button or a mark all as read button because my app says I have a notification but I have checked everywhere and I have read everything.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Change alert tone

I would like to be able to change the alert tone to a ring tone. Like you can with txt messages.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add a To-Do flag on messages

You work on several channels simultaneously, you get a request for some assignment that needs to be done and in order not to FORGET it, you choose SAVE. Then rather un-intuitively you later need to REMEMBER to go in to saved messages and check what was needed to be done.

PLEASE CREATE A TO-DO OPTION WITH A NOTI-FLAG ON THE MAIN SCREEN SO THAT IT IS EASY TO REMEMBER

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Disable notifications when marked as DND

Don’t give me notifications if I’m marked as do not disturb on mobile. I set myself as that for a reason after all.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Email notifications

I should be emailed when someone mentions me or comments in a group I am subscribed to.

I'm using a mac and I see no notifications, I know my windows friends get them, but they should stay in notification centre or be part of it? Otherwise once they disappear from the screen I have to keep checking the app?! What is this, 1997?

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Show new notification on app icon.

It would be great to have red notification circle on the app icon on the dock (OSX), just like it does on iphone when you have a missed call or new text message, with the number of new notifications for this app.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Different notification settings per team

There are some teams that are more important to me than others. Team members constantly mention their entire team (as they should) but I do not need to get emails for all of these. However, I do want an email for other teams. My inbox if getting flooded and I am now faced with abandoning the teams I'd like to be a part of, or shutting down notifications and being left out of the loop on my more important teams.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Make alerts or badge notifications available on Microsoft TEAMS.

Information is getting lost when we don't have notifications coming in. There is a lot of competition for our attention and with MS TEAMS not having notifications, it looses the efficiency that it can achieve. I would recommend to put notifications for all messages coming in as well as badge notifications.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Stop showing a notification after ending a call.

After ending a call with a person, that persons name is highlighted as having unread messages.

This is really annoying.

The only way to stop it is to change to another person and back again.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Default notifications for every channel

Every channel should have notifications auto-enabled, which could be muted at the user's liking. Muting could be enabled/disabled in the admin center in the event that a channel is of great importance and needs to send out notifications to everyone. In the attached screenshot is the option to "Notify me every time there is a new post in this channel". This should just be automatic.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. mark as read

When you get the pop-up notification in the corner for a new message, it would be nice that when you click X it treats that message as read, or you add a second option to mark that message as read.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Granular notification settings

Allow for more granular notification settings
    Give users the option to select how to be notified for different events. Get email or persistent notifications if you're mentioned in a specific team or if someone sends you a message through chat or mute specific notifications from certain channels.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Teams/Group notification

I'm still looking for better idea or update for group notification and chat, Notification disappears and cannot set time for how much time the notification should flash.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. notification of new team chat room message (like Skype) flashing or sound

Before using MS Teams, we used the Skype/Lync chat rooms and anytime someone responded to the chat or asked a question the Skype button in the tasks bar would flash and/or make a sound. This is not the case for the MS Teams chat room function and there aren't any options to adjust. This is a concern as in my position I cant keep the MS Teams box maximized as I have other programs and tools that take priority based on inbound customer calls.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Turn off notifications in meeting

Would like for pop-up notifications to be automatically disabled when I'm in a meeting (as they interrupt screen-sharing presentations, etc.)

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.