Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. personal chat notifications

Right now we can manage chat notifications, but it applies to both personal and group chats. It would be ideal to be able to set different notification settings for personal (direct) chats vs. group chats.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Notifications: Control Blinking, Banner, Email Separately

Currently there is no way to separate banner notifications from blinking taskbar notifications from emails. I'd like to be able to control these things separately.

The banner notification is useful for me and an email would be too.

However, the blinking notifications in the task bar are a huge interruption to my workflow. To make it stop blinking i need to open teams, select the appropriate chat, and then if I don't read & deal with the message right away - there's no reminder to come back to it. I would prefer an icon or symbol that reminds me that…

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Teams to display ammount of Teams and Chat post in general not individual comments in channels.

When you get 20/30 notifications in on team it starts to clog up your activity bar.

Could this be updated so that you see how many teams have activity in them and when you click on the team you can see more detail about how many posts are in each channel.

An example would be that on the task bar I see 3 notifications, this would mean that I have 3 teams/chats I need to read. When I open teams one of those could then indicate once I've clicked on a team that there is multiple notifications in separate channels.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Doesn't get sync automatically on mobile

After chatting on desktop, it doesn't get sync automatically on mobile till the time you open the app on mobile and wait for the sync, it should be realtime.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Notify of messages within Teams the same as it does with a Chat

When you send a Chat to someone, it puts a little red dot/number by Chat. We need this to happen for our Teams as well. We are missing important messages within our Teams, because we don't know someone has posted in there. The current system of just bolding the Team Channel isn't effective; if you accidentally click on the Channel, the bolding goes away. We need something more lasting.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add Reactions to a pop-up (toast) message

Please show the Reactions bar in a message pop-up. This will allow users to reply to a pop-up message with a single click of a reaction icon. Currently, to add a reaction to a popped-up message, you have to open the full Teams desktop client to do so. I have attached a terrible mock-up. Thank you

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add Notification Sound alert to the Chat feature , to alert you when a chat is sent to you.

Add Notification Sound alert to the Chat feature , to alert you when a chat is sent to you.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. No pop-up notification in Team Chat

There's no pop-up notification in Team Chat. We missed out real time response.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Reply to missed message email

The current missed message notification is from [user] in Teams <noreply@email.teams.microsoft.com>, it would be nice if the ReplyTo address for the notifications was the email address of the user who sent the missed message (similar to the existing functionality in Skype for Business).

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Private Chat Notifications

An option for the popup notifications for chat to not display the actual message being sent. In case the message is private, the popup should only say "John Smith sent a chat" instead of the full message.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Stop Notifcations for a Thread I start, and for threads I comment on and no longer care about

We have the ability to configure thread notification globally, but for the scenario where I start a thread or comment on a thread, and then no longer need notifications. It would be nice to be able to stop or mute notifications on a specific thread.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Better notifications

I always miss new chats. Any way to make notifications more obvious? Previously I used Slack and the icon in the dock (I'm on Mac) would hop up and down and show the number of new messages. If I'm not actively looking at Teams, I don't know if there's a new message.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Enable notifications for all banners no matter which banner you are in

We use Teams within our own company, but also as guests within Teams from other organizations that we support. We currently do not receive any real time notifications for banners that we are not currently 'in'. We do not want to get emails for the things we have missed for other banners every time. Please enable mobile and PC alerts for ALL banners you are part of no matter which one you are currently in.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. no sound for notifications

my permissions for notifications is turned off and I cant change the setting how can I change that so I get the sound for the notifications

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Have sound for incoming calls only

Teams is barely usable for me due to the very limited sound options - particularly only being able to have 'All' (which is far too distracting as you get a beep for every chat message), or 'Call, mention and chat' (seems to be same as All except if banners are turned off) or 'Off'.

I cannot have popup banners as they are far too distracting, disabling these also seems to stop 'call mention and chat' working though.

Can we have a 'Calls' section in the notifications options so we can hear a sound for incoming calls but disable sound for…

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Stop toast notifications, but keep flashing icon in taskbar for notification.

TEAMS should provide option in settings to disable the toast notifications, but keep the flashing icon in taskbar active. It's very annoying to have a notification pop up in bottom right corner of screen for every single message. Yet still useful to be notified by the flashing icon.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Mute notifications when on vacation

I’d like to mute all notifications while I’m on vacation as simply as stating I’m on vacation.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Deriving first names from display name is a bad idea

For sorting reasons our company uses display name in the format last name followed by first name; e.g. "Ponguillo Intriago Ronald Alberto"

In Teams, email and activity feed show silly information such as "Ponguillo posted". Or even "De posted" for "De Feyter Kim" (De Feyter = last name).

In order to send a notification with a “friendly” intro referring to the first name of the submitter In Teams, you ASSUME that the first chars up to the first space is in fact the first name. It clearly is not if the display name is in the format last name +…

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow custom alert tones and let us control the volume

I don’t understand why this feature isn’t available to allow people to choose their own notification tones and adjust the volume. We use Teams for our Corp collaboration tool and when people reach out via chat I never see or hear the notification

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base