Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Team won't let us pick more than one "ringer" audio device. Currently, the call only rings to my headset but not my speaker

Team won't let us pick more than one "ringer" audio device. Currently, the call only rings to my headset but not my speaker.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Notification setting per channel

It would be nice if I could disable @all notifications for specific channels without leaving the channel.

There are some channels I don't need to pay attention to for a period of time, but will need again at some point in the future. Currently I need to leave those channels then be invited back to them later, or disable ALL channel notifications.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow Users to Mark Messages as Read

Allow messages to be marked as Read from Android notification center.

This should also remove the number badge of the unread message from the Teams app.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Datadog

Integration with Datadog (or any other third party monitoring/alerting system) is horrible in terms of UI/UX.

The attached images used for comparison show the stark difference.

This needs to change for better.

Generic issues which when addressed would cover a whole range of such integrations would be

1. Rendering of inline images
    2. Rendering of inline html

Am sure devteams on MS Teams are already working on it, but if not, this seems important enough to be taken up if users need to switch from comparable competitors.

Thanks!

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Ability to subscribe to desktop notifications while opting out of mobile notifications for the same channel.

While working on my computer, I like to see my desktop notifications for my channels that I'm following. However, I don't like to get all of the notifications on my mobile when I'm not working. It would be great to have an option for "desktop and mobile" and another option for "desktop only" or something along those lines.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Stop Notifcations for a Thread I start, and for threads I comment on and no longer care about

We have the ability to configure thread notification globally, but for the scenario where I start a thread or comment on a thread, and then no longer need notifications. It would be nice to be able to stop or mute notifications on a specific thread.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. sound

You should set a different sound based on the channel conversation

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Filter for @Me

It would be great to have a filter in teams for @me, so the user can distinguish between general @-notifcations and personal notifications.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Private Chat Notifications

An option for the popup notifications for chat to not display the actual message being sent. In case the message is private, the popup should only say "John Smith sent a chat" instead of the full message.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. @everyone in Chat

Ability to notify everyone in a CHAT thread with the @everyone tag is needed.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. More Consistent Notifications

Notifications are extremely unreliable, especially in the mobile app. This is especially concerning because an instant messaging software's primary function is to send and receive messages instantaneously, which is rendered moot if the user doesn't receive a notification of said message.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. personal chat notifications

Right now we can manage chat notifications, but it applies to both personal and group chats. It would be ideal to be able to set different notification settings for personal (direct) chats vs. group chats.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Inactive desktop notification period is too short

I don't want mobile notifications after being inactive for only three minutes on the desktop.

The period should be configurable or at least 10 or 15 minutes

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. can we make chat sound louder and better

its doesn't get pop up sound and different types of notification like a mobile , we need to add the sound option and block option to be secured!!!

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Notifcations on channel

There should be an option to set up customized notifications or at least an option to enable notifications on all activity in a channel.

We've got webhooks posting in a channel but the only thing to let us know the webhook has posted is that the channel name goes bold. There should pop up som notification or at least change the icon in the toolbar.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Silence push notifications to mobile device when outlook set to out of office.

This request is to provide a feature where the teams app installed on a mobile device (iPhone, Android, Windows, etc) to not receive notifications when the person's outlook calendar says OOO for the day or specific time period. This is a grey area since the whole idea is to be informed and "always on" but when on vacation wouldn't want to be disturbed with them and consume unneeded battery life or privacy.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Birthday remainder for memebers.

Alert for other memebers.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Better Control Over Notification Sounds

I've seen this a few different ways but overall notification control could be improved. The following features would earn major points from me:
    - allow me to change notification settings for calls, teams, group chats, private chats individually
    - allow me to change the notification sound for these different categories
    - allow me to change banner behavior

Those 3 would be great. right now I miss so many messages because the sound isn't loud enough to overcome the volume of other things (namely music) on my computer (I'm on mac). Of course I check my messages from time to time…

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Unique Notifications for Chat vs. Team Updates

Being a part of many teams means there are regularly updates being posted to one of them as well as chat messages. I tend to prioritize chat messages as someone is looking for a more immediate response but I find that I am constantly having to check teams because I see the notification in the start bar but the update isn't of relevance to me or a priority. The pop-ups in the lower right window can help but if you are focused or presenting you might miss them.
    I would suggest we have the start bar Teams Icon have two…

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Need "In your face" type notification with sounds.

Conversation notifications need to be more "in your face". It's very subtle at the moment. Sound would be a welcome addition.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 5 7 9 62 63
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.