Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Microsoft Stream videos hyperlink

Now Teams support Stream as a tab., thanks.
    Next step is to be able to create a hyperlink for each added video in Teams to be able to create a conversation/notification about each newly added video.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

6 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Teams to display ammount of Teams and Chat post in general not individual comments in channels.

When you get 20/30 notifications in on team it starts to clog up your activity bar.

Could this be updated so that you see how many teams have activity in them and when you click on the team you can see more detail about how many posts are in each channel.

An example would be that on the task bar I see 3 notifications, this would mean that I have 3 teams/chats I need to read. When I open teams one of those could then indicate once I've clicked on a team that there is multiple notifications in separate channels.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Iphone sound notification change

On iPhone please let us change notification sounds

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Push Notifications for Microsoft Teams

Instead of being sent direct emails for changes, comments, uploads etc. in teams. It would be more useful to have push notifications so we can be immediately notified. This would spend up and improve the functionality of Teams as we wouldn't have to continually check our Outlook mailbox.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Stop the blinking in the taskbar when a message is received

A single notification screen on the desktop is great, and the option to email me of a missed teams chat* is helpful. Please disable the blinking of the icon in the toolbar on the windows desktop each time a message is received. If I do not want to view the message, the icon in the task bar blinks orange until I select it, and then click on Teams. If I do not want to view a message in the middle of a task, I should not have to sit through blinking alerts. Maybe have the icon/minimized window blink twice.

*Come…

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Mute channel timer

Great work on the new mute channel/chat feature. However, I think this would be vastly improved by adding a timer funtion (like facebook messenger). This would allow you to permanently mute a channel/chat or mute it for a set period (30 mins, 1 hour, 4 hours, 1day, 1 week for example).
    This means that when you are concentrating on work and don't want notifications popping up every second for stuff that is currently irrelevant, but don't want to miss future team chats it gives that ability. I hope that explanation makes some sense.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Mail notification uses the first name of displayname (which might be the last name)

I would consider this more as a bug.
    Problem:
    In all email notifications it looks like it uses the first part of the displayname property (unitl the first space).

Assumption:
    AD Property Displayname uses Lastname Firstname
    Based on Screenshot this is HOBMAIER Dennis and Maierhofer Andreas.

Error:
    The Result will be:
    Hello LASTNAME

LASTNAME (of other participant) sent a chat message.
    See the attached screenshot.

Expectation:
    Change this to use AD first name attribute.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Better notifications

I always miss new chats. Any way to make notifications more obvious? Previously I used Slack and the icon in the dock (I'm on Mac) would hop up and down and show the number of new messages. If I'm not actively looking at Teams, I don't know if there's a new message.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Use topic feeds to monitor team/channel activity (ie ego filter)

In prior platforms (such as Group Chat, Lync) you could fine-tune your room monitoring by setting up topic feeds, or filters, that notify you of chat room messages that contain specific words and phrases you’re interested in. Our various business units have created several processes around this feature.

These helped us focus on areas that involve or interest certain groups without having to inspect every new message that gets posted to the rooms you’re following. Ideally this would also highlight the keyword(s) that were identified by the filter.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Doesn't get sync automatically on mobile

After chatting on desktop, it doesn't get sync automatically on mobile till the time you open the app on mobile and wait for the sync, it should be realtime.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. notification sounds

Right now, the sound notifications make is not very attention-grabbing, and it's the only option. It would be great if you could choose different sounds for different notifications, as you can in Outlook and other Microsoft programs.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Reply to missed message email

The current missed message notification is from [user] in Teams <noreply@email.teams.microsoft.com>, it would be nice if the ReplyTo address for the notifications was the email address of the user who sent the missed message (similar to the existing functionality in Skype for Business).

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. notification

Facebook has a concept of "Turn of notification for this post" on per conversation basis on a post where someone is tagged or added a comment. So people don't get spammed if they choose not to be notified on a certain conversation.

Currently in Microsoft Teams the Notification settings only allows user to turn it off for all conversations and not on per conversation basis.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Notifications should be customizable to make dock icon bounce repeatedly

New incoming messages are very easily missed due to lack of visual and repetitive notification. The teams icon in the doc should bounce repeatedly AND show the red notification bubble whenever new messages come in. This should happen regardless of whether the Teams window is active/selected for those with multiple monitors to still have that visual prompt. Users should be able to select what criteria they want to trigger this notification - i.e. Incoming messages for all groups/channels, Messages where I am mentioned, Direct messages to me, Incoming messages for channels I follow... etc. Look at what options Slack allows…

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Adding a separate notificiation option for group chats.

I do not wanna see a pop-up message when i recieve a new message in a group chat. I would like to recieve a pop-up message when i get messaged directly.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Differentiate Notification Icons for @Mentions - Personal, Group, Team. Channel

@Mentions are very powerful, but end users need a way to quickly scan all of their teams and channels and quickly prioritize tasks/responses. Currently, you see the same designation (a red @ sign) on a channel even though the mention could be just you, an entire Office group, the entire channel, or even the entire team. Each of those should be a different color and end users should be able to change notification (email, banner, etc.) options based on those 4 categories. A personal @mention is likely more pressing and important than an @mention to an entire channel or team.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Alert Persistence: Allow alerts to linger until dismissed

Please create an option where alerts that pop up for chats and such do not disappear until dismissed. I am missing alerts because I work with so many monitors. Would like to at least have as an option.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Better notifications!!!

If you are part of a group, you should automatically get notifications. I should not have to "follow" the channel. In general, the notifications only show up part of the time, go away quickly, and are not eye catching. We are trying to make this our "go-to" platform for the office but notifications have to be improved!

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Receive a notification when someone post something in teams

Receive a notification when someone post something in teams

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. clear notifications

It would be great to have the option to clear notifications through a right-click menu on: a) the chat, teams, and activity areas, and b) on the task bar icon itself.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.