Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow for sound notification option/customization

When Banners for Microsoft Teams is turned off, a sound notification is no longer present, as it when a new message was received in Chat when Banners was turned on. The Banner itself is too invasive for all the chat messages that I receive, since it blocks me from seeing/using my screen. In fact the blinky to taskbar and sound would be fine, but not a pop up in the notifications area. Sound notification options would still be nice to have irregardless, in Chats and individual Channels. The customization options that were once available in the product were proven to…

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. clear notifications

It would be great to have the option to clear notifications through a right-click menu on: a) the chat, teams, and activity areas, and b) on the task bar icon itself.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. @mentions from word, excel, powerpoint and onenote in Teams

Today when you @mention someone in word, excel and powerpoint an email notification is being generated. I can understand in a way it is designed that way but at the same time that goes against how you (MS) is marketing Teams to be the collaboration platform and not Outlook.
    I would much rather have the notifications show up in Teams when being @mentioned from a document instead of having an email. Then you can start working right away and continue the comments within Teams. There should be, at least, an option or switch where you can choose to have the…

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Notifications in Activity Feed for Planner Tasks

Notifications should be created in the Activity Feed for Planner Tasks, as soon as
    1) Comments get created on Tasks that I'm assigned to
    2) a Planner Task gets completed

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Make notifications come in batches so I don't get a new notification ever few seconds when a live chat is happening

Make an option for notifications to come in batches so I don't get a new notification ever few seconds when a live chat is happening. For instance, have all notifications consolidate into one pop up every 5 minutes.

It's annoying to see constant notifications and I'm trying to get something else done. I don't want to have to change the setting to not display notifications because I'll likely forget to switch it back and could miss something important.

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Push Notifications for Microsoft Teams

Instead of being sent direct emails for changes, comments, uploads etc. in teams. It would be more useful to have push notifications so we can be immediately notified. This would spend up and improve the functionality of Teams as we wouldn't have to continually check our Outlook mailbox.

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. (Un)subscribe button for threads

Add an unsubscribe button for threads you would no longer like notifications for, and a subscribe button so you get notified on a thread without having to reply to it.

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Notification on Team icon

I would suggest, if possible, to add notifications on the Team icon on the task bar so we know if there's someone message me. Sometimes, I message my team but they haven't response because there's no notification and even to me, I didn't notice someone message me already. Thanks

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add team channel notifications, push to mobile device, show number of unread messages in each Chat and Teams and channel

Show toast when message is posted to Team channel that is followed.
    Show the number of unread messages in the Icon, on the tabs and on the channel. (mobile and desktop)
    Push the notification to mobile devices.

We shouldn't have to go look at the channel to see if its bolded. Users want to glance at the icon, if a number exists then they know there are unread messages. They don't want to have to hunt for the unread messages.

Almost every other team app and social app does this.

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Email Notifications

It would be great if the Team application would send an automatic email to members when any changes occurred to the site. Examples would be if a file was changed or added or if a conversation was posted.

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Implement a Meet Now notification

It would be very convenient if attendees can see a Meet Now notification in the task bar when they are invited in the Meet Now meeting. Currently, we have to request them to join the meeting before starting, and it’s inconvenient.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Differentiate Notification Icons for @Mentions - Personal, Group, Team. Channel

@Mentions are very powerful, but end users need a way to quickly scan all of their teams and channels and quickly prioritize tasks/responses. Currently, you see the same designation (a red @ sign) on a channel even though the mention could be just you, an entire Office group, the entire channel, or even the entire team. Each of those should be a different color and end users should be able to change notification (email, banner, etc.) options based on those 4 categories. A personal @mention is likely more pressing and important than an @mention to an entire channel or team.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Notification setting per channel

It would be nice if I could disable @all notifications for specific channels without leaving the channel.

There are some channels I don't need to pay attention to for a period of time, but will need again at some point in the future. Currently I need to leave those channels then be invited back to them later, or disable ALL channel notifications.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Default Notifications in new channels to ON

When creating a new team or channel, default notifications to on.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Wizz !

Retour aux WIZZ de MSN messenger, tellement utile lorsqu'on attend une réponse urgente d'un collègue ...

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Receive a notification when someone post something in teams

Receive a notification when someone post something in teams

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow Users to Mark Messages as Read

Allow messages to be marked as Read from Android notification center.

This should also remove the number badge of the unread message from the Teams app.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. sound notification

There is no sound notification when a message is sent inside a Team, like there is when you message a Group from Chat. The Banner and small red notification on the TaskBar is not enough to alert Team members they have a message.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. How to analyze Teams desktop log (log.txt)

I would strongly request you to publish the public-facing information about how to analyze Teams desktop log (log.txt).

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Administrative feature to manage user’s email notification setting for Microsoft Teams

It would be great if an admin can use PowerShell or other method in admin center to manage users in the tenant level at a time in Microsoft Teams so that they could receive email notifications. Currently, each user needs to do the notification setting through their client.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base