Public

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add message to "you got a new team"-email

When I add new members to a team I would like to add a message to the "you got a new team"-email. Just like that I can add a message when I share a file from OneDrive or SharePoint.

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Use Same Notification Sound in iOS App as Desktop App

You are relying on the default push notification sound on iOS. It would be helpful to have a custom notification sound for Teams notifications so that I know which app is pinging me without looking at my phone. This sort of thing is trivial to implement for an iOS engineer (I know because I've done it before).

Hopefully you can use the same sound between the desktop and the mobile apps. Thanks!

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Show a preview text on notifications

Show a preview of the text when you get notifications

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Administrative feature to manage user’s email notification setting for Microsoft Teams

It would be great if an admin can use PowerShell or other method in admin center to manage users in the tenant level at a time in Microsoft Teams so that they could receive email notifications. Currently, each user needs to do the notification setting through their client.

48 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Archive Notifications

It is difficult to keep track of what Notifications have been read or responded to. I propose the addition of an archive or hide option to remove Notifications from the list.

48 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Mute notifications for a length of time (e.g. Mute all for 60 minutes)

I feel that it would be a great option to temporarily muting the program from notifications especially while using files within it.

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow admins to control Teams channel notifications for users

By default the notifications for channels are turned off for new users. This leaves the users clueless if there are any updates in the channels they are a part of. Either admins should be allowed to control this or by default the channel notifications should be turned on for users and later they can turn it on/off as they like.

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Get a notification when an Assignment is due

It would be helpful for pupils and teachers if a notification was sent to remind us an Assignment was due.
    Being able to set how far in advance of the due date the notification is sent would be perfect.
    At the minyte, I am commenting in the conversation the night before an Assignment is due. This is time consuming.

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Control notification when Add members

Team's administrators sometime would like to avoid the automatic built-in email welcome message sent to a new member when he/she's being added to a Team but sent a custom message in a later time explaining the new members the whole contact of the new team they've been invited to. Option to uncheck email notification (similar to what SharePoint provides is very needed to address this scenario.
    In addition, the timing of sending this email welcome message should be changed to after all members at this cycle are being added so admin can regret and remove from the list potential members…

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Silence push notifications to mobile device when outlook set to out of office.

This request is to provide a feature where the teams app installed on a mobile device (iPhone, Android, Windows, etc) to not receive notifications when the person's outlook calendar says OOO for the day or specific time period. This is a grey area since the whole idea is to be informed and "always on" but when on vacation wouldn't want to be disturbed with them and consume unneeded battery life or privacy.

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Option Notify Team members when a new channel is created

We would like to notify the team when a new channel is created.

We manage small projects and problem tickets using a Microsoft Team. As the number of channels in our team increase it can be easy to miss when a new project or problem channel is created.

Team member should have the option to enable a notification when a Channel is created. This notification could be implemented as a pop up notification, email, and/or as a card with a button in the General Channel's conversation.

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. You need the ability to mute chat sound notifications, right now the only option is to mute both chat and call sound notifications

right now the only option to mute sounds is all or nothing. I dont want to mute my calls, but i for sure want to mute my chat notification sounds.

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Stop toast notifications, but keep flashing icon in taskbar for notification.

TEAMS should provide option in settings to disable the toast notifications, but keep the flashing icon in taskbar active. It's very annoying to have a notification pop up in bottom right corner of screen for every single message. Yet still useful to be notified by the flashing icon.

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. personal chat notifications

Right now we can manage chat notifications, but it applies to both personal and group chats. It would be ideal to be able to set different notification settings for personal (direct) chats vs. group chats.

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Notification setting per channel

It would be nice if I could disable @all notifications for specific channels without leaving the channel.

There are some channels I don't need to pay attention to for a period of time, but will need again at some point in the future. Currently I need to leave those channels then be invited back to them later, or disable ALL channel notifications.

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. a noise/sound type of notification for messages and chats

a noise/sound different tones for notification for messages and chats

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. notification

Notifications should have an option of only showing who has pinged and not the content of the notification(when notification is enabled)

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Push Notifications for Microsoft Teams

Instead of being sent direct emails for changes, comments, uploads etc. in teams. It would be more useful to have push notifications so we can be immediately notified. This would spend up and improve the functionality of Teams as we wouldn't have to continually check our Outlook mailbox.

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Enable notifications for Incoming Webhook messages

Whether I follow a channel explicitly or not, no banner notifications or message count indicators show for messages from Incoming Webhooks.

There is a StackOverflow question for this as well: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/43764022/how-do-you-get-notifications-from-a-webhook-connector-posting

Thank you!

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Notify Screen Presenters of Raised Hands from Participants During Meetings

In a meeting, when a participant raises their hand, alert the screen presenter with either a more apparent display notification such as a push notification, a unique sound notification (distinguished from chat notification sound), or both. Ideally this feature could be customized to the user's preference, allowing them to choose between the options listed above.

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base