Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bold the Tab for Unread Messages

On the left side where the different tab categories reside. Make the Tab bold for unread / new messages to assist the user in checking the different tabs. IE Teams vs Chats

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Display unread messages for Teams Section as it does for Chat Section

Display unread messages for Teams Section as it does for Chat Section

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Notifications for Team Channels

It would be nice to receive notifications when things are posted in the file Tab or any of the added tabs at the top of the team channel. Right now it just turns bold.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Notification Sounds

Enable the ability to choose the sound for an IM, a Call, Voice Mail, etc.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Be Right Back button #BRB

Be Right Back button #BRB

To enable participants to move away from screen to briefly deal with other issues during a larger group meeting.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Option to turn off notifications when Out of the office is on

Since Teams can see when you have out of office set. Please add a setting to disable notifications while out of office is on for Android app.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Ability to disable the Activity tab

Notification badges appear on the Activity tab but not on the tab where they actually happen. So I click into the Activity tab to see that John posted in our Test Team but then I have to navigate to the Teams tab to view the full Team.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Desktop Notifications lag

On opening the app everyday, the first notification/ping I receive is succeeded by the last notification of the previous day. This would happen on the same day too if the first conversation happened in the morning and the second ping was received after 3hours.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. let me move the notification window to where ever is better for me, I don’t like to have it where I'm typing the message (bottom right corne

let me move the notification window to where ever is better for me, I don’t like to have it where I'm typing the message (bottom right corner).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Turn off meeting pop-ups when I'm not using 'teams', but doing other work.

Turn off Teams meeting/chat pop-ups when I'm not using Teams, but am doing other work. Teams is not even open!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Adding option to change the notification sounds of different chat groups

It would be helpful to have the option to change the notification sounds of my different chat groups so I can recognize which group is contacting me even if I'm not at my computer.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. name of muter

Please ensure to reflect the name of who is muting whom. Cause many are misusing this feature during meeting. while someone is presenting in a big team of 150 people , someone is muting intentionally which is disrupting the whole presentation . so please add feature at least who is unmuting?? so that no one takes that risk to play a foul.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Keep Activity Feed & Chat messages as "Unread" until I actually click on them, not just when I hover or first click on that icon.

Keep Activity Feed & Chat messages as "Unread" until I actually click on them, not just when I hover or first click on that icon.

Because I provide support to my company on some of the Teams we have set up, it is important that my messages stay unread until I actually click on them, and stay unread if I change the status back to "Mark as unread". Teams has an annoying way of making your messages read just by clicking on Activity or Chat, and if you have one of these open the "feed" will also go to unread…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. POP UP NOTIFICATION FOR ALL

POP UP NOTIFICATION FOR ALL POSTS ON THE TEAM

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. BRB and other status commands optional clarification

Right now using buttons or commands like /brb, /away, /dnd, /busy allows team members to see what you're doing and your level of availability.

However it doesn't offer any fine-grained explanation that you would expect in person and is needed even more in faceless virtual office. If someone came up to my desk and I held up a hand to them and just said "busy!" and turned away that would be considered extremely rude and you would never do that. Yet that is what Teams offers.

Teams should follow the Skype status function where free-form optional text offers customisable detail…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. available

Is it possible to put an alert when somobody is online from the CONTACT FORM ?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Notificación cuando has empezado una reunión pero estás trabajando en otras cosas con Teams minimizado y se incorpora la otra persona.

Si has iniciado una reunión, no puedes esperar trabajando en otros temas porque no te avisa cuando se incorpora la otra persona. Tienes que esperar con Teams abierto perdiendo el tiempo.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Implemented the ability to email all instant message logs for chats, channels and meetings.

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    チャット、チャネル、会議におけるすべてのインスタントメッセージログを電子メールで通知する機能の実装。

Implemented the ability to email all instant message logs for chats, channels and meetings.

■Description(内容):
    Lync や Skype for business では Exchange Online メールボックスの会話の履歴フォルダにインスタントメッセージを格納する機能が存在していた。
    しかし、Microsoft Teams にはこの機能がない。

この差を埋めてほしい。

この機能が実装されることによって、ユーザーリクエストによる会話ログ抜出のために割り咲かれていた管理者の時間を他の仕事に使うことができるようになり、非常に助かります。
    それだけでなく、ユーザーも見落としていたメッセージに気が付くことができるようになるため、会話による認識の齟齬を減らすことができます。
    是非実装をご検討ください。

Lync and Skype for business had the ability to store instant messages in the conversation history folder of an Exchange Online mailbox.
    But Microsoft Teams doesn't have this feature.

I want you to fill this gap.

By implementing this function, it will be possible to save the administrator's time that has been spared for extracting the conversation log by user request, and it will…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Show all Assignments in one tab

When I first started using teams, I was in something like 3 groups or so and I could see all my Assignments at the "Assignments" Tab, but because of Corona, I am currently in 15 groups and when I click on that Tab, I have to click on every single Group itself and that is really annoying.

That is why I would really like to see a tab, where all the assignemts are shown at once!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Option to allow a hidden chat to reappear upon a reply or new activity.

I often chat with upwards of 40 seperate individuals per day and the hide function is great for removing clutter but thats all I personally use it for.

The request is to add an option in notification settings to allow hidden chats to automatically unhide and appear. I think a checkbox would be perfect as I know users that use it as others do to fully hide however I also know many users that would love to use it to declutter.

I just cant risk not noticing replies as occasionally the person on the other end takes a day or…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base