Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Mail notifications when inviting someone to a Teams meeting from the calendar

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Teams 予定表からTeams 会議のメンバーを追加した際のメール通知について
    Mail notifications when inviting someone to a Teams meeting from the calendar

■Description(内容):
    Teams 予定表からTeams 会議のメンバーを追加更新した際のメール通知について、Outlookの予定表からTeams 会議のメンバーを追加更新した際のように、通知対象を「全員」または「追加メンバーのみのように選択できる機能を希望します。

Mail notifications are sent when people are invited to a Teams meeting from the Teams calendar, but I would like to be able to select whether to send that to “Everyone” or to “Only other attendees”, as you can when you invite people via the Outlook calendar.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Notify attendees of a recorded Teams meeting when the owner changes rights

When a Teams meeting is recorded in Stream, the attendees can access to the replay. Some of them would like to activate a notification if the owner of the record decides to grive access rights to other people.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Different notification/quiet hour settings for each account in mobile app

I have two accounts on my mobile teams app and I would like to have different quiet hours/days set for them so I don't get notifications for one job while I'm at the other and vice versa. But teams will only allow settings to be changed for the whole app with the ios version

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. XML / HTML grids

I have a SQL script, which outputs results in to s grid and send via email. I would like to be able to send this data to the Teams Channel, so we can view it in there. When I try this, it looses its grid / table and enters all the data in one line.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Tone ping when person logs in

It will be great to hear a tone ping if a new person logs into a meeting
    Tx

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Disable notification mentions for a single channel

I'm receiving a lot of notification mentions from a specific channel. I have turned off "Channel mentions" for the channel, but I still receive notifications for it. I was told I needed to disable all Channel mention Notifications for the whole app! I don't want to disable all mentions, just for the one channel.

See also: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msteams/forum/msteams_notify/receiving-notifications-when-channels-notification/f4832502-0040-4741-8d84-6ef45ab80844?messageId=946f2feb-482c-4c81-9bdf-2a3fd3dada7f

(In my case, it's a General channel and it's the admins doing it, as they think everything is important.)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. sign in visibile

The sign in option at the top of the main screen needs to be more noticeable.

We have many clients that don't see the option to sign in. It should be obvious to the client when they require sign in if the application is still running after the account logon has timed out.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Like/Reaction Seen

When someone "likes" or "reacts" to a chat message to acknowledge that they understand it, there is a notification badge on the Activity tab, even though I might be staring right at it. I then have to click Activity tab, wait for it to load, and click, just to decrement the activity number about the reaction I just saw. I would like it if it could follow similar rules to the "seen" functionality, but if I don't see it after a certain amount of time, then the Activity tab would be an appropriate place to put it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. better notification for chat messages

When I recieve a message from someone, if I am away I cannot tell who messaged me unless I scroll through my contacts to see who's name is bold. I can see I have a mesage but I still have to go search. If you could click on the little red "1" and a box pops up taking you directly to your pending message, that would speed the process up greatly. Thanks

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. we need to be able to delete items on all pages

add a delete to allow clean up of pages. Takes up too much stoage.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Have sound notifications on desktop computers, not just mobile

Needs sounds for notifications on desktop - for individuals with visual impairment a pop-up notification is inadequate.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Personal Stats in MSTeams usage without Admin rights.

I would be nice to see my own personal stats on how much I'm spending on teams. I'm not an admin and don't expect that permission, but seeing a report, on my own time, would be great. Conversation length, phone call duration, and things like that. I know there is an email I get but it's too high-level.

Due to work from home I have teams running on my local PC, so Rescue Time is not logging my teams time as it would have in the past.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Know who removes and silences someone from the meeting.

On the sign that says you were kicked out or silenced, say the name of who did it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Ability to track team member log-in status (similar to current Skype feature)

Ability to track team member log-in status (similar to current Skype feature); To know when they're logged on or away

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Sequence on hand notification

In a virtual meeting , several people might uses hand symbol for there turn for comment, but speaker wont be able to know who has put first request. There should be some ahort of numbering or priority which user raised there hand first for comment. This feature is much required to maintain and give everyone voice a chance sequencely.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Optional sound notifications while in a meeting

I work in support and sometimes we need to be aware of chat activity while in a long meeting, which disables all sound and visual notifications as in Do not disturb until I hang up. Unless I am mentioned I think. Please have an option to allow even during meetings, thanks.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. setting to make chat popout the default

i'd like the option that when someone sends me a chat message that it immediately pops out and i see a flashing window in the taskbar.
    else i very often miss chats because i dont see the toast and the trayicon is always red (thus no inditcator for anything)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Ability to set notifications to ‘off’ for the web app, while having them turned ‘on’ for the client app

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams クライアント アプリの通知はオンにしている状態で、Microsoft Teams Web アプリの通知をオフにしたい
    Ability to set notifications to ‘off’ for the web app, while having them turned ‘on’ for the client app

■Description(内容):
    Microsoft Teams Web アプリにてTeamsを利用している際に、[常に最新情報を確認するために、デスクトップ通知をオンにしてください。] が表示され、このメッセージに対し、[オンにする] をクリックしたところポップアップされるようになった。
    Microsoft Teams クライアント アプリの通知はオンにしている状態で、Microsoft Teams Web アプリの通知をオフにしたい。

When using Teams in the web app, the message “To get the latest updates, enable desktop notifications” is displayed, and clicking “Turn on notifications” allows pop-up notifications to appear.
    I want to be able to turn notifications from the Teams web app off, while having notifications from the client app turned on.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Immediate missed chat email alerts

When you are not logged into MS Teams and someone sends you a chat you don't see it. There is an email sent to you about this message but only after a full hour has passed. This is usually too late to be useful.

The request is to provide a option to configure an immediate email alert in this situation so that one can log on to Teams and quickly interact with the sender.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Stop all noises from chats during a call

How can I turn of notifications, like from Chats, during a Teams call?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base