Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add user settings to teams.. Can't find how to make Teams stop flashing at me.

I want to control of how Teams tries to notify me of activity... At the moment flashing is too intrusive. I just want to turn it off as it is just one more needy program seeking attention.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make it more apparent that you have received an IM.

The new message alert is very subtle. It does not command attention. I have had message go unanswered.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Unify the notification style with other applications.

At least please let me remove them with right flick.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Notifications needs a lot of Love

Teams notifications of new chat messages is unpredictable. We just tested it and one message only notified via watch (not phone, tablet or computer). The next message from the same user to the same user notified via tablet and phone, but not computer or watch.

In addition, being able to customize the notifications on each device would be greatly appreciated. Being able to choose audible only/visual only/flash only or any combination of the three types of notification for each device would be extremely helpful.

And lastly, having further control over mute, such as muting individuals (implemented)/app-wide muting everyone with a…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Notification preference sets

I need a way to configure all of my notification settings together depending on what kind of work I'm, and then choose those groupings at different times.

For example, maybe there's a group I name "keep me informed" where I have many notifications turned on and I receive them frequently. Likewise, I use a "heads down" set where I have next to nothing enabled.

The option to have Do Not Disturb except for a few folks is a step in the right direction, as is the status message that lasts for a certain duration of time. But right now I'm…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Need banner alerts when phone not in use- black screen but not off - that can be clicked to get to message

Need banner alerts when phone not in use- black screen but not off - that can be clicked to get to message

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. When someone has chat in Teams, we dont get notified unless that person has tagged me or the Teams Name. Could you please fix this? Thanks

We dont get notifications when someone has chat me in Teams unless they tagged my name or tagged the group name. It would be best if you will fix this type of issue so we can easily notify in a group chat when someone has sent messages. Thank you

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add "reply" and "turn off notifications" buttons on notification available toast

When tagging contacts and the notification toast pops that one of your contacts are available, it would be nice to extend the time a little and allow you to either "Reply" or "Turn Off Notifications" right there on the toast so that you don't have to switch to the client.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. problema, notificaciones mensajes actividades no se muestran para Windows 8.1 64 bits

no se muestra ninguna notificacion de Teams en Windows 8.1 x64bits

es realmente importante

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Recalling from activity list should be simpler

Recalling from activity list should be simpler. When missing a call, it must be simpler to call back.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add custom entries to the Activity Feed

Make it possible to add custom entries to the Feed.

"You received a new email from your boss"

"Your build is ready"

"A visitor awaits you at the reception"

I just saw an idea to integrate Outlook into the Teams client. No. NOOO! However I understand where the poor souls voting for that idea are coming from - Teams as the One Hub For Everything. That does not mean we should integrate everything into Teams.

What if you could have entries for new emails in Outlook appear in the Feed? You click on it, it opens the email in Outlook.…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. When new messages arrive, this is not clear now. It should be able to pop them up or signal in the systray better/

When new messages arrive, this is not clear now. It should be able to pop them up or signal in the systray better/

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Create the ability to attach a sticky note to a document in Files or a Document Library

We are standardizing on teams as a UI for business. This means that we have items in the Document Library or the Files area that are often Works in Progress. I would like to see the ability to attach a note, or tag or some other entity visible at the folder level that could display a quick note on mouse over. For example, we might have an existing expense policy that someone could mouse over and have a popup indicate that this is in production and a second one with a different title that would reveal a popup indicating WIP…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Microsoft Teams - Filter based notificatons

Microsoft Teams suggested feature:

In Jabber, you had the ability to setup filters. For example, I could set a filter for my name "Clint" so that when it is used in a chat, it popped up a dedicated, separate floating notification window that did not disappear & required you to act upon it to close it. I find this was much more valuable than just the (1) next to Activity in Teams. Since all messages come through as just banners which disappear after a few seconds, its easy to miss chats directed to you or with your name used.

Jabber…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Microsoft Teams - Filter based notificatons

Microsoft Teams suggested feature:

In Jabber, you had the ability to setup filters. For example, I could set a filter for my name "Clint" so that when it is used in a chat, it popped up a dedicated, separate floating notification window that did not disappear & required you to act upon it to close it. I find this was much more valuable than just the (1) next to Activity in Teams. Since all messages come through as just banners which disappear after a few seconds, its easy to miss chats directed to you or with your name used.

Jabber…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. iOS push notifications with guest

iOS push notifications as a guest.

When the Teams iOS app is closed and or I have not switched organisations within the app to the specific guest account, I need notifications from chat, Team chat, calls and video to create a notification bubble over the app icon on the home screen. When the iOS device is locked, I need the notifications for these activities to pop up as there would for activity on our own tenant.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base