Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Show the reason why the live event cannot be organized

If you would like to organize a live event in Microsoft Teams, you have to meet requirements; permission to organize a live event in Microsoft Stream and setting a meeting policy in Teams.
    When you don’t meet some requirements, you are not able to organize the live event.
    So, we would like you to implement a feature showing the reason why the live evet cannot be organized.
    If we could have the feature, we are easily able to check necessary settings in order to organize the live event successfully.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. IM pop up alerts

I would like it to show a pop up when you get a new IM in the bottom right of the screen even if the app is minimized, just like outlook does with new emails. We are not allowed speakers in the office, so I only have earbuds which I only wear if I need to watch a video, so I can't hear the alert tones.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Smart Notifications

Stop sending notifications of activity in a chat that I am currently viewing!! I already know there is activity, I'm looking right at it!!

Seriously though, if I am actively in a chat/thread, there is no need to make a notification. Surely there has to be a way to enable smart notifications. I only need to know what's happening in other channels/chats that I'm not currently viewing.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. better mobile and web notifications

I do not hear any sound, when someone send me a message (in web app and mobile) I also do not see any icon change on the pinned tab(webapp). I like Slack notifications. I think that also PWA notifications with pop-ups would be nice :) but delayed mobile push notifications are quite annoying for me.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. When an email about activity on Teams is sent, include a specific description of what happened, like Jira does

When I'm a watcher on a ticker in Jira and someone adds a new comment, I get an email telling me exactly what happened - what the comment was. I can then decide if I need to stop doing what I'm doing and switch my attention to Jira. However when I get an email from Teams its content is just "SOMETHING HAPPENED!" and it's not a value add. Often times people just post a "thumbs up" emoji or talk to each other about topics that don't immediately apply to me (but I'd still like to be informed).
    Please consider this…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Request for the public-facing article for the difference between WAM and ADAL authentications

I would like you to release the public-facing article regarding with WAM authentication and the difference comparison between WAM and ADAL.

As we consider disabling the WAM authentication to use Teams, so we need to know the impact with disabling WAM.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. provide active notifications alerts that show on android/apple mobile phone and computers outside of the app

provide active notifications alerts that show on android/apple mobile phone and computers outside of the Teams app so people know that new messages are waiting

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. App-Benachrichtigung fehlerhaft

Die Benachrichtigung der TEAMS-App ist fehlerhaft. Es wird dauerhaft eine "1" angezeigt, obwohl keine neuen Informationen vorliegen.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Better Notifications

The old Skype use to blink and alerted us better when someone needed something or trying to message us. It was SOOO much better that way!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. feedback

In general I miss information about when comments from Microsoft is added to issues. It doesn't really help that an issue has 'WORKING ON IT" when there is no information about when this comment was made. In other words you haven't got a clue if the issue is worked on for several years. Nor is there any indication when a solution will be available. And, unfortunately, it seems that the Microsoft Teams Engineers isn't updating the given feedback very often (if at all).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Notifications: Have an option to reduce the size to a one liner box versus a large box.

The box is fixed in one place and its big... i would suggest a UX improvement - give an option... a one liner notification (i.e. smaller) and the option to make it transparent like in a previous version of skype. thanks

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Pop-up with warning when leaving a channel with an unfinished edit/msg

Please provide the user with a pop-up with warning/question to commit when leaving a channel with a still unfinished edit or message. Maybe even show the same pop-up or auto focus to unfinished message when returning to this channel.

Now it is possible to start editing msg, leave without committing or cancelling then and they stay open like forever, however your teammates won't see the edit.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Point on something (e.g. files, chats, etc.)

If you wamt to show a file or chat or anything in TEAMS, a feature that I can use to draw someone's attention in TEAMS would be great. The person should get a short message with a link. It should be like "pointing to something".

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow a user to choose if new notification types are enabled/disabled

It's nice to see new features and that notifications are being improved, but again having to go into the settings dialogue to disable suggestions and trending topics is just extra work.

I would prefer a user to be able to set in their settings if they want new notification types enabled/disabled by default. Resulting in the user to make the choice if they want new notifications enabled by default or not.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. notifications

When a notification is received on a PC it needs to remain on screen until dealt with/read. Please sort this and this app will be ideal for what my business needs.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Reminder/Snoozes for Saved Items

When you saved an item be able to set day/week/month reminders and snooze abilities for follow up on saved items without having to create a planner under each team/channel you are under... from your profile instead or maybe even an overall planner from your profile that can have sections of teams and channels

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Better Message Notification

We we're using Skype and when a message was sent, it would pop up on the screen. This doesn't do that and we can't tell when we have messages. It's annoying.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Please add an "off work" status.

Please add a "off work" status with its own color. Appear away can be used throughout the day and doesn't immediately convey that we are done working for the day.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. The ability to see if another colleague has viewed your comment

Other platforms let you know when the comment has been seen eg WhatsApp, Facebook messenger.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Bigger Notification when message received

Make a box pop up on the screen that I have to click to ignore or reply

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)