Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Unite notifications from multiple applications

I don’t think it’s necessary that I receive duplicated notifications from different type of Teams apps that I’m using; Teams desktop app and web app. I’m using Windows OS and receiving messages from both apps, so I would like you to unite those two types of notification messages into one.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Number of Notifications on Task bar and Notification sounds

There should be a number of how many notifications on the MS Teams logo in the task bar. Just like other messaging applications like for example Viber, there is a number 1, 2, 3 and so on if there is a message that hasn't been read yet.

See attached sample screenshot wherein my Viber application shows a new message that has not been read. MS Teams don't have that. Please address this as this may help us, users, to enjoy MS Teams more.

Also, there should be some sort of a sound when someone drops a message or update the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I. D.o.n.t get notifications

I never get notifications from the app

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Give ability for users to have a daily digest emailed to them of files uploaded into Teams and a preview of conversations, just like Yammer

Give ability for users to have a daily or weekly digest emailed to them of files uploaded into Teams and a preview of conversations, just like Yammer allows users to do so. Other systems I use do this and then I know what I can go look for.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. The toaster notifications should report the speaker not the channel

If in a multi party direct message conversation it always shows the notification as if its the first person alphabetically speaking. It should show the person actually talking.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Teams UAC prompt without Office Click To Run

When launching Teams on a machine without Office Click to Run installed, you are prompted for admin credentials. Causes issues in environments that were deployed with the standalone machine installer, or the user installer.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Can we please have a more significant "warning" when there has been a new message / call received while we were AFK ?

Right now the tiny red "number" displaying on the Teams icon in the task bar can be quite hard to notice, especially on larger monitors. Most apps I've had that had messaging capabilities would flash/pulse as long as there are unread messages. Could we have something like this to make it easier to know when we have missed messages / calls in Teams?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. DO NOT prompt when new users join

Hey all,

Please DO NOT prompt me with a "notification", "alert", "message" when a new users joins Teams or joins a Team I'm a part of. If I want Facebook in office, I'll install Workplace. Don't lose your mojo following annoying online trends.

Best wishes
    Shobha

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. desktop notifications are easily missed

It was smart to make android notifications depending on a status on the desktop.
    Please consider window state "minimized to tray" equal to "away" status without a timer.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Hi there, can you make it possible to change the sound in teams on ios? This is possible with some other apps so why not with teams? The def

Hi there, can you make it possible to change the sound in teams on ios? This is possible with some other apps so why not with teams? The default ios messenger sound is to present.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Give me the option to add different notification sounds to different channels.

I want different notification sounds for different channels allowing me to ignore what I can ignore and really pay attention to what’s important.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Create an indication that a new message has arrived by changing the color of the windows task bar icon or putting a icon in the bottom righ

The color of the large program description in the windows task bar should blink and then change color when a new message is received. It works this way in Skype and other messaging services. It is VERY easy to get a message and not see or know about it if Teams is not your primarily active program on the monitor.

The "banners" option is not sufficient. I do not want popups (that don't go away when 'alt-tabbing' to Teams) and I don't use small program icons on the task bar.

This is a significant gap that diminishes he effectiveness of…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Mejor alerta

Que ayude a darnos cuenta cuando llega un mensaje.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Notifications are very bad

Half the time when you get a notification on your phone and open the app you first need to login (somehow remember me seems to suffer acute dementia) and then the notification doesn't show up in the app forcing you to have to visit all pages to search for something new.

That is if you get a notification at all because the other half of the time I don't get any notification

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. The Android version is actually better when it comes to enabling or disabling notifications depending on my activity on the desktop version.

The iPhone version only lets me enable or disable notifications. The Android version enables notifications when I'm not using the desktop version. Please bring this feature to iOS.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Unterhaltung beginnen

I have the German version of Teams and I´m not sure what the button "Unterhaltung beginnen" is called in the English version my guess would be "start conversation".

My issue is regarding this button. I have sofar already by accident clicked it 2 times and then (eventhough I haven't written anything) a conversation is started in the chat. And I can´t delete this conversation. This have lead to some confusion in my team. I Would recommend that you add a second button to this function, this could be a post button or simply don't make it possible to post a…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.