Public

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Mute notifications when on vacation

I’d like to mute all notifications while I’m on vacation as simply as stating I’m on vacation.

62 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Remove Toast pop up

In the desktop app, enable the ability to turn off toast/pop-up notifications while still allowing the taskbar to flash/show a number of messages

62 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Customise banner size and display time

Customise banner size and display time

61 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. saved

I use the Save mention feature a lot for later correspondence. Save button is very easy to use on the message but to find the saved message is very hard because it is hidden in the menu. Please place the saved list menu on the navigation bar.

59 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Banners and Notificaitons

Allow a settings option where I can choose to have notification banners simply be a general notification--not display the actual body of a chat message visible.

58 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow users to mute @team mentions for org-wide teams

We're finding not all users like to receive @team mention notifications. This is especially annoying when an Org-wide team is created.

The only course of action we have to stop people receiving @team notifications is to completely remove them from the Team. So this is what we're doing.

One-by-one as people request it, we remove user's access to a Team just because they are unable to turn off @team mention notifications. This means the user looses all access to the content in the Team and related services, like files in SharePoint.

57 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Working Hour Notifications

A way to set your 'working hours' in your profile settings to only receive notifications within that time-frame. This way, we can leave work and switch off without continuing to get notifications on our phones.

55 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Track Participant Attention in Training

During your training session, you can easily tell if attendees are no longer focused on your presentation. The attention indicator shows if an attendee has:

Minimized the training session window
    Brought another window, such as any instant messaging (IM) window, in focus on top of the training session window

https://help.webex.com/en-us/st7tr1/Track-Participant-Attention-in-Cisco-Webex-Training#ID_2703_00001140

54 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow custom alert tones and let us control the volume

I don’t understand why this feature isn’t available to allow people to choose their own notification tones and adjust the volume. We use Teams for our Corp collaboration tool and when people reach out via chat I never see or hear the notification

54 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add notification/alert like skype

There should be a notification/alert pop up when there is a message, someone goes offline or comes online...

Refer SKYPE notification settings
    This is very important
    We have started using this app recently and because of no notification we are missing notification/messages needs out attention....

54 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add Pomodoro timer that toggles status automatically

Add a Pomodoro functionality/timer that will automatically toggle your status between 'Do Not Disturb' and 'Active'. Give a notification when the pomodoro session completes. Make the focus time period customisable.

Consider adding a new 'Focus' status instead of 'Do Not Disturb'. 'Do Not Disturb' sounds very negative and is perceived as 'Go Away!'. A 'Focus' status will be perceived as 'Just focussing on something exclusively for a bit, but leave a message and I'll get back to you shortly'.

53 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Notifications when a member leaves a team

When one user adds/removes another user to team, we could see a notification within the General Channel. However, when a user or owner joins/leaves a team himself, there is no such notification.
    Feature request: Alert/warning message should be displayed on. Owners should be alerted by email if any of the member leave the TEAMS.

53 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow customization of Teams voicemail notification

Previously, voicemail notification customization was done via Exchange UM. Since this is being retired in favor of a cloud voice server. I would like to suggest implementing this feature ASAP so we can have customized signature/logos in voicemail notification emails.

52 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Mark Unread battle I have with the Activity feed

When I click on the Activity feed the top item instantly marks read
    - but I may not want that to happen, as I may be going into the Activity feed to look for something else
    - I'm constantly doing marking it unread like I'm having a battle with the software which keeps marking it read...arrrrgh

Another thing - Just say I mark a post unread. Then later on I'm scrolling through a channel (and the post I earlier marked as unread so happens to live in this channel), and I scroll by it as I look for something else.…

52 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. team notifications

there are no obvious notifications in 'teams' .. you have to click in to 'teams' when you remember to do so, and then you can see the teams you are a part of.. if there is new conversation, it will be bolded... but again, you have to remember to check into teams. On 'Chat' it shows a notification so I am able to remember to check that - but am always behind in my team updates.

There needs to be some unity between the chats so I can remember or a better notification.

52 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Autofollow the channels to get notifications

It's better every team member to follow the channel automatically (as a default) and if he (she) decides not to receive notifications can unfollow

52 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add user ability to change MS Team Notification Sound/Ringtone

During the COVID-19 situation, most people are WFH. Since me and my siblings are not able to setup a unique notification sound for MS Teams, we're always confused which MS Team is receiving the notification.

Please help add user ability to change the default MS Team Notification Sound/Ringtone.

Thank you, Dev Team!

51 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Ability to turn off/customize notifications for specific teams/channels

Please add the ability to customize notification settings per team and per channel. Users should be able to turn off all notifications, turn off team/channel @mentions, and still allow personal @mentions to come through. The current notification settings are too broad, and only allow you to be notified about everything or nothing. Many users are members of teams simply for reference or to have access to certain documents, but do not need/want regular notifications from that team's activities. Thanks!

51 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Ability to change default notification settings for channels and users

There should be an option to set the default notification preferences for each Team, Channel and User in the Admin center. In the app, Team owners should be able to set default notifications for each channel.

We have many Teams that are getting posts but people do not see them because there is no notification by default.

50 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Wizz !

Retour aux WIZZ de MSN messenger, tellement utile lorsqu'on attend une réponse urgente d'un collègue ...

51 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base